Depressed with hair loss, so I killed an entire extra large pizza and 3 cokes.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlightTL
    • Jun 2011

Depressed with hair loss, so I killed an entire extra large pizza and 3 cokes.

I hope no one gets as depressed as me with hair loss...

And I hope no one gets addicted to food or pizza like me either...
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by FlightTL

Exemplifies what not to do in response to any source of stress in our lives. Hair loss blows, but throwing other facets of your physical appearance down the tube is just silly. Hair loss should motivate you to get lean, mean and sharp-dressed, bro!

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
      • Apr 2011

I don't think there's even one person on the face of this miserable planet who's as depressed or as greatly affected by hair loss as I am. I've been a prisoner of this hell (hair loss) for the past 20 years. It had completely taken over my life before it (the hair loss) even started. I'm not dead, but that's all I can say to describe my living. I'm just completely invisible. Just had my SIXTH HT last December and now I'm thinning again in the very same area that has had SIX HTs. There's NO way I can describe how I feel now. I'm seriously thinking about going homeless. There's just no way and no point of continuing the struggle. F**K life.

Comment

• clandestine
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by BigThinker
        Exemplifies what not to do in response to any source of stress in our lives. Hair loss blows, but throwing other facets of your physical appearance down the tube is just silly. Hair loss should motivate you to get lean, mean and sharp-dressed, bro!
        Accurate.

I don't very much like myself (in regards to my physical appearance now), but that hasn't stopped me from going to the gym 4 times a week for 4 months and putting on 25lbs.

Priorities in face of adversity.

Comment

• BigThinker
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
          Accurate.

I don't very much like myself (in regards to my physical appearance now), but that hasn't stopped me from going to the gym 4 times a week for 4 months and putting on 25lbs.

Priorities in face of adversity.
          It's the only thing to do. Our lives are one instance; we get one shot. Make the best of it.

Comment

• Vic12
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
            I don't think there's even one person on the face of this miserable planet who's as depressed or as greatly affected by hair loss as I am. I've been a prisoner of this hell (hair loss) for the past 20 years. It had completely taken over my life before it (the hair loss) even started. I'm not dead, but that's all I can say to describe my living. I'm just completely invisible. Just had my SIXTH HT last December and now I'm thinning again in the very same area that has had SIX HTs. There's NO way I can describe how I feel now. I'm seriously thinking about going homeless. There's just no way and no point of continuing the struggle. F**K life.
            If it bothers you so much, why don't you just invest in a very high quality hair system? At least fake it till you make it.

My last resort, if Fin doesn't work and I progress past this NW2, or even a NW3, is to "fake it till I make it".

I would forget the HTs, invest in a hair system, land a beautiful girl, and then 1 year down the line or so pretend to go crazy and shave my head and tell her I like it like this better because I feel "free".

Comment

• gc83uk
              • Nov 2011

have you considered just buzzing your hair down? You don't have to shave it with a blade, just buzzing it to a 0 or 1 is very liberating.

If you think it can't be much worse, then what is there to lose by trying it?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                • Jun 2013

Do you have a weight problem? Nothing wrong with splurging every now and then. Don't give yourself too much grief about it. Don't make it a habit though, especially if you are fat. Being bald blows, but being bald and fat = game over.

Comment

• BigThinker
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                  Do you have a weight problem? Nothing wrong with splurging every now and then. Don't give yourself too much grief about it. Don't make it a habit though, especially if you are fat. Being bald blows, but being bald and fat = game over.
                  So true. Being fat = game over. Period. I see jacked, sharp-dressed bald dudes pull honeys in at 30+. I never see some fat slob pulling honeys. You can be physically attractive if you're bald (except me, because I have the most ridiculous head shape ever). You just have to align other factors.

Comment

• drybone
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by FlightTL

Geez. You got so depressed you ate a whole pizza and three cokes?

I dont need an excuse to eat a whole pizza and three cokes.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                      • Nov 2011

Ive been guilty of this.

Actually, I am negecting gym right now due to HL - scared i might accelerate it/.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                        • Jun 2013

Don't let that fear keep you from working out. I never worked out until after I was already losing hair. It did not accelerate at all after getting in shape. Just treat your hair loss and get back in the gym.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                          Don't let that fear keep you from working out. I never worked out until after I was already losing hair. It did not accelerate at all after getting in shape. Just treat your hair loss and get back in the gym.
                          The trouble is often I go in and think 'what's the point if you get into shape but are bald - face wise you will be unattractive'

I see so many guys in the gym who are buff , but due to hairloss ugly.

Hard to motivate oneself.

I just wish we didnt have this god damn. Curse

Comment

• BigThinker
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                            The trouble is often I go in and think 'what's the point if you get into shape but are bald - face wise you will be unattractive'

I see so many guys in the gym who are buff , but due to hairloss ugly.

Hard to motivate oneself.

I just wish we didnt have this god damn. Curse
                            What's the point of living with that attitude? ****, I hate balding too, but if you are so easily de-motivated, you would most certainly be de-motivated because of your nose shape, height, skin tone, acne, etc, etc, etc, etc. in place of balding (if it wasn't an issue).

I legit just don't understand what the point of wasting away because of one physical characteristic is. I'm about to sound like Tracy C., but, the issue is deeper than hair.

And, again, obviously hair loss troubles me -- I'm here aren't I? It troubles me in a motivating way.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                              • Nov 2011

What's the point of living with that attitude? ****, I hate balding too, but if you are so easily de-motivated, you would most certainly be de-motivated because of your nose shape, height, skin tone, acne, etc, etc, etc, etc. in place of balding (if it wasn't an issue).

I legit just don't understand what the point of wasting away because of one physical characteristic is. I'm about to sound like Tracy C., but, the issue is deeper than hair.

And, again, obviously hair loss troubles me -- I'm here aren't I? It troubles me in a motivating way.
                              Nothing bothers me more then hairloss.

I grew up with hair - losing it is like losing apart of my identity.

Imagine if a hot girl lost her hair - how would she feel?
                              Why should it be any different for guys?

Only because a lot of men lose hair, does not make it OK.

Comment

Working...