+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Exemplifies what not to do in response to any source of stress in our lives. Hair loss blows, but throwing other facets of your physical appearance down the tube is just silly. Hair loss should motivate you to get lean, mean and sharp-dressed, bro!
    Ive been guilty of this.

Actually, I am negecting gym right now due to HL - scared i might accelerate it/.

Don't let that fear keep you from working out. I never worked out until after I was already losing hair. It did not accelerate at all after getting in shape. Just treat your hair loss and get back in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Don't let that fear keep you from working out. I never worked out until after I was already losing hair. It did not accelerate at all after getting in shape. Just treat your hair loss and get back in the gym.
    The trouble is often I go in and think 'what's the point if you get into shape but are bald - face wise you will be unattractive'

I see so many guys in the gym who are buff , but due to hairloss ugly.

Hard to motivate oneself.

I just wish we didnt have this god damn. Curse

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    The trouble is often I go in and think 'what's the point if you get into shape but are bald - face wise you will be unattractive'

I see so many guys in the gym who are buff , but due to hairloss ugly.

Hard to motivate oneself.

What's the point of living with that attitude? ****, I hate balding too, but if you are so easily de-motivated, you would most certainly be de-motivated because of your nose shape, height, skin tone, acne, etc, etc, etc, etc. in place of balding (if it wasn't an issue).

I legit just don't understand what the point of wasting away because of one physical characteristic is. I'm about to sound like Tracy C., but, the issue is deeper than hair.

And, again, obviously hair loss troubles me -- I'm here aren't I? It troubles me in a motivating way.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    What's the point of living with that attitude? ****, I hate balding too, but if you are so easily de-motivated, you would most certainly be de-motivated because of your nose shape, height, skin tone, acne, etc, etc, etc, etc. in place of balding (if it wasn't an issue).

I legit just don't understand what the point of wasting away because of one physical characteristic is. I'm about to sound like Tracy C., but, the issue is deeper than hair.

And, again, obviously hair loss troubles me -- I'm here aren't I? It troubles me in a motivating way.
    Nothing bothers me more then hairloss.

I grew up with hair - losing it is like losing apart of my identity.

Imagine if a hot girl lost her hair - how would she feel?
    Why should it be any different for guys?

Only because a lot of men lose hair, does not make it OK.

Actually, I am negecting gym right now due to HL - scared i might accelerate it/.

You don't "have this god damn. Curse."

Nothing bothers me more then hairloss.

I grew up with hair - losing it is like losing apart of my identity.

Imagine if a hot girl lost her hair - how would she feel?
    Why should it be any different for guys?

Only because a lot of men lose hair, does not make it OK.
    Dude are you smoking crack!?! You have a perfect head of hair, and the fact that you are even making comments like the ones above indicate that you have much greater problems than hairloss. It is insulting to listen to you complain about hairloss when you have a great head of hair.

Try swimming laps guys, it's very liberating for the mind also. Gets you tired fast, especially if you go early in the day, and grows shoulders and chest very well. It's a great work out and doesn't damage joints like going to the gym might. And if you can manage to do a sauna afterwards it's the best!

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    I don't think there's even one person on the face of this miserable planet who's as depressed or as greatly affected by hair loss as I am. I've been a prisoner of this hell (hair loss) for the past 20 years. It had completely taken over my life before it (the hair loss) even started. I'm not dead, but that's all I can say to describe my living. I'm just completely invisible. Just had my SIXTH HT last December and now I'm thinning again in the very same area that has had SIX HTs. There's NO way I can describe how I feel now. I'm seriously thinking about going homeless. There's just no way and no point of continuing the struggle. F**K life.
    Bro have you ever tried shaving it down to a one or zero? It can't be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    You don't "have this god damn. Curse."

Dude are you smoking crack!?! You have a perfect head of hair, and the fact that you are even making comments like the ones above indicate that you have much greater problems than hairloss. It is insulting to listen to you complain about hairloss when you have a great head of hair.
    I am receeding! I also have a lot of bad hair days due to my widows peak as my hair doesn't frame my face properly.

Whose to say I won't eventually lose it all?

Am I the worst case on this forum? being NW5 at 23?

In my position, I've got to let you know it is not as bad as people with a NW2 think it is.

Yeah you're bald, you feel less than, sometimes you think you're not pleasing to the eye, but most of the time it's all in your head anyway. Before crying about becoming bald, wait to actually experience it, then decide if it's really the end of the world. It's not.