+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Why would you start with treatments that aren't known to work very well instead of using fin and/or minox?
    thinking of trying minox

did you shed?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    thinking of trying minox

did you shed?
    I really didn't have enough hair to notice if I was shedding when I first started using it and I'm really not that tuned into that stuff, I just use it and forget about it. It's something you just have to deal with for the greater good and the end result.

Have you ever tried fin? It's literally made for people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I really didn't have enough hair to notice if I was shedding when I first started using it and I'm really not that tuned into that stuff, I just use it and forget about it. It's something you just have to deal with for the greater good and the end result.

Have you ever tried fin? It's literally made for people like you.
    No. Don't want to mess with my hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    No. Don't want to mess with my hormones.
    As a guy who realizes how important hair is, you should be on DHT inhibs man. Unless you do not have mpb

Yeah, I don't get it. You should really try some form of DHT inhibitor especially if you want to keep your hair. Funny thing with a lot of guys in similar situation as you is they don't want to use anything with a proven chance of working. If you are bothered by hair loss as much as you claim that should be your motivation to do whatever you can to maintain.

Waiting 5 to 10 years for a solution which may or may not be any better than what we have already today is a gamble. Although I am hopeful some of the treatments being developed will be a success; I will defer judgement till later. No offense to him personally but you don't want to end up like FlightTL, depressed and unable to move forward with life due to extensive hair loss. You may not reach the extent he has but easier to maintain while the hair is still present as opposed to after it's gone.

@FlightTL, I feel your pain brah, hair loss sucks the big one but you're going to have to stop with the binges and focus on improving what you can to help you move forward. I'll echo what has already been said and that is to improve your diet and hit the gym. Also I'd really consider shaving the sides down and just rocking the dome look.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    As a guy who realizes how important hair is, you should be on DHT inhibs man. Unless you do not have mpb
    Yeah might do it now.

Photo in official publication was released, hair ruined everything. Ended up having to photoshop it heavily. Went from a 4 to a 9 with hair framing my face. Currently too much forehead is being exposed.

I think the higher norwoods dont realise that it looks like you are balding if the hair is not cut right at lower norwoods.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    Waiting 5 to 10 years for a solution which may or may not be any better than what we have already today is a gamble. Although I am hopeful some of the treatments being developed will be a success; I will defer judgement till later. No offense to him personally but you don't want to end up like FlightTL, depressed and unable to move forward with life due to extensive hair loss. You may not reach the extent he has but easier to maintain while the hair is still present as opposed to after it's gone.
    Im losing hair at a very slow pace, so i am pretty much maintaining right now. I think that I had my worse hairloss 2009/2010. So it is a calculated gamble in that sense.

The sides that may come with fin do not justify the pros. Also I am concerned what will happen to your hormone profile after long term usage of fin.

Are you on anything yeahyeahyeah??

Id atleast consider minox bro...You could get lucky and have some nice regrowth. My friend was losing hair very very slow, basically like you, very nice hair i thought it was a nw1 he considered it nw2 but no one could ever tell hair was being lost...he tried expirmentals for years, no success, continued to lose slow, then started minox/dermarolling and is almost back to nw1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Are you on anything yeahyeahyeah??

Id atleast consider minox bro...You could get lucky and have some nice regrowth. My friend was losing hair very very slow, basically like you, very nice hair i thought it was a nw1 he considered it nw2 but no one could ever tell hair was being lost...he tried expirmentals for years, no success, continued to lose slow, then started minox/dermarolling and is almost back to nw1.
    yeah might try it, not happy at all by the recession

it COULD buy you a lot of time and put your mind at ease...its worth the shot IMO. Cheap, apply once daily at night to start, if your a good responder you should see results in a couple months.