Depressed with hair loss, so I killed an entire extra large pizza and 3 cokes.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by UK_
    What do you mean?? I tried finasteride and it seriously messed up my sex drive - am I making this up? Why would I do that? Am I competing with Merck or something?

There is no doubt about the side effects associated with the use of Finasteride - the 5AR enzyme does not just convert T to DHT it also has a host of other jobs to do some of which vital neurosteroids in the brain and spinal cord depend upon.

Theres no treatment for hair loss in my case, I have to accept it, and so do millions of other men.
    I have no doubt that there are guys that will have sides when they take fin. You may be one of those guys, I have no reason to doubt you personally. I just don't believe sides are as common as the guys around the internet make it seem. People make it seem like you take the drug for a week and your d!#k will fall off(not literally). This just isn't true. If it has happened that way, I would be willing to bet that there was some other issues going on with the user of the drug that were unknown.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
      • Jun 2013

Finasteride has been in use for over 20 years at higher doses! We are just hearing about how dangerous it is now? With such a high percentage of users that apparently get sides why haven't we heard about how dangerous this drug is much sooner? I just don't buy it. Maybe my opinion would be changed if I was presented with an unbiased study but I have yet to find one. And a study of 30 guys, or an interview with bitter guys from Propeciahelp isn't going to cut it!

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
        Finasteride has been in use for over 20 years at higher doses! We are just hearing about how dangerous it is now? With such a high percentage of users that apparently get sides why haven't we heard about how dangerous this drug is much sooner? I just don't buy it. Maybe my opinion would be changed if I was presented with an unbiased study but I have yet to find one. And a study of 30 guys, or an interview with bitter guys from Propeciahelp isn't going to cut it!
        I just don't like the idea of messing with my hormones.

Imagine the long term affects of it?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
          I just don't like the idea of messing with my hormones.

Imagine the long term affects of it?
          Spencer Kobren, Spex, Jotronic just 3 of the most popular guys who have taken it long term with no issues. I understand your concern though and it is totally your choice. I hate the fact that I have to take pills to try to keep my hair. Prior to fin I rarely took anything, even aspirin. I get your concern though. For me it just came down to going slick bald or taking a pill. I chose the pill, hopefully I don't pay for it later. I remember reading that your hair loss is slow. Hopefully it stays that way until we get a treatment that you feel comfortable taking.

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Spencer Kobren, Spex, Jotronic just 3 of the most popular guys who have taken it long term with no issues. I understand your concern though and it is totally your choice. I hate the fact that I have to take pills to try to keep my hair. Prior to fin I rarely took anything, even aspirin. I get your concern though. For me it just came down to going slick bald or taking a pill. I chose the pill, hopefully I don't pay for it later. I remember reading that your hair loss is slow. Hopefully it stays that way until we get a treatment that you feel comfortable taking.
            Thats what i was saying to myself 10 years ago .

Oh my hair loss is only NW2 and its slow... should be a treatment out in the next 5 years .

FML.

Ive lost hope in everything apart from Histogen & Mwamba - and also if Replicel are being honest and accurate about their statements about releasing a product in NON-WESTERN jurisdictions c2015.

Thank you HairBane you restored my confidence (somewhat) in Replicel.

What we REALLY REALLY NEED is for Spencer to interview Dr William Ju from Follica - not Garza or Cots - but William Ju!!!!

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
              • Nov 2011

Some guys like taking anabolic steroids - does it make it ok?

Exactly.

It's just so sad and shit that unlike non balding folk, guys with hairloss have to contemplate taking it.

It's not fair, FML.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                • Jun 2013

Some guys like taking anabolic steroids - does it make it ok?

Exactly.

It's just so sad and shit that unlike non balding folk, guys with hairloss have to contemplate taking it.

It's not fair, FML.
                I agree. If not for balding I wouldn't consider touching the stuff.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                  • Nov 2011

I agree. If not for balding I wouldn't consider touching the stuff.
                  Nobody in their right mind would mess around with their hormones if they had the choice.

If you are fit and healthy without taking fin, chances are your body is in optimal condition. Fin can potentially **** up your bodies natural equilibrium.

This is serious shit, and it pisses me off that there isn't a better product out there.

Comment

• DannyBoyy7
                    • Sep 2012

Nobody in their right mind would mess around with their hormones if they had the choice.

If you are fit and healthy without taking fin, chances are your body is in optimal condition. Fin can potentially **** up your bodies natural equilibrium.

This is serious shit, and it pisses me off that there isn't a better product out there.

Indeed people in their right mind wouldnt touch that stuff no matter how rare the effects are you have to be very desperate to want to use it...like i said here before even at my lowest about hairloss last thing what crossed my mind was to take a drug what ****ed up your hormones...to me thats just common sense but this is just me never cared about my hair when i had it.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by DannyBoyy7
                      Indeed people in their right mind wouldnt touch that stuff no matter how rare the effects are you have to be very desperate to want to use it...like i said here before even at my lowest about hairloss last thing what crossed my mind was to take a drug what ****ed up your hormones...to me thats just common sense but this is just me never cared about my hair when i had it.
                      Everybody here cares about their hair or they wouldn't be here in the first place. Many just don't want to risk sides to do something about it. The sad thing is many of the guys too afraid now will be back a few years from now when their hair is shit finally ready to take the plunge. Unfortunately for most of those guys it will be too late to make a difference.

Comment

• DannyBoyy7
                        • Sep 2012

Everybody here cares about their hair or they wouldn't be here in the first place. Many just don't want to risk sides to do something about it. The sad thing is many of the guys too afraid now will be back a few years from now when their hair is shit finally ready to take the plunge. Unfortunately for most of those guys it will be too late to make a difference.

But i DONT care about my hair though only time i did care about my hairloss was years ago so no im not here cause i care about my hair...my hair is pretty much halfway gone now it never and i mean NEVER crossed my mind to take a pill to mess up my hormones it is ludicrous no matter how bad it got...it was just common sense not to do it for me but again that is just me...anyone else can do it obviously fine by me but it is just madness...all just to have some hair.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DannyBoyy7
                          But i DONT care about my hair though only time i did care about my hairloss was years ago so no im not here cause i care about my hair...my hair is pretty much halfway gone now it never and i mean NEVER crossed my mind to take a pill to mess up my hormones it is ludicrous no matter how bad it got...it was just common sense not to do it for me but again that is just me...anyone else can do it obviously fine by me but it is just madness...all just to have some hair.
                          You do not care about your hair but you post on a baldness forum?

We unfortunately do not get that choice.

Comment

• DannyBoyy7
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
                            You do not care about your hair but you post on a baldness forum?

Well i am bald,balding arnt i? if i remember correctly and this is a "bald truth talk" forum and what you said "baldness forum"...and i explained why im here before but not to be rude but im not gonna explain myself every time...all i will say is there is no reason to lie we all in the same boat here that we are either bald or balding.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                              • Nov 2011

I remember when I went to the belgravia centre in 2009, the woman was like I would be a NW5 in 3 years; I am a NW2 at worse atm.

Hair-loss is unpredictable. Saying that, I think age has A LOT to do with it, guys who start to receed/thin in their teens, tend to become full blown norwoods in their 20s like dannyboy7 and that guy from belgium.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by 25 going on 65

I think something better will be out by 2016.

Histogen or advancements in HT techniques. (doubling)

Comment

Working...