+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    It would be different if he were in a situation where he has a starting bald spot or NW 2,5 of which you know will be much worse 2 years later.
    At this moment he has no visible problem and it's highly uncertain he even has the onset of mpb, yet he claims his life is ruined.

You're asking me to be compassionate because he's clearly insane. His problems have nothing to do with baldness! I don't think have his best interest at heart if I'd encourage him while he pisses away his life, when what he needs is a wake up call.

Ugh...
    Look, personally I've been visiting a psychiatrist since I was 21, even before I started going bald. I'm neurotic, I over-think things until I build up stress and end up having panic-attacks. But honestly, I'm not the only one like that on this forum. There are more members like me.

But here comes the difference: this is a baldness forum not a mental forum. The guy has no baldness FFS.
    If your hair is in the same state as 'yeahyeahyeah' and you think your life is over, please look for another forum because you're not gonna find a treatment on this one.

When my hairloss started you lot would say the same to me to what you are saying to yeahyeahyeah noone knows their hair better then you do...you wouldnt of noticed it but it was there everyone said to me the same sort of things you lot are saying "there is nothing wrong" "your hair is fine" etc etc but i knew better i was right in the end some of my worries (which are long gone now) came true...and i dont want him to piss his life away just as much as you or anyone else im just trying to explain what it COULD be whats wrong with him...only he truly knows obviously...showing some compassionate is not hard and i dont mean tell him "you are fine nothing is wrong blah blah"...i cant say if his hair will get worse or not but i know i was similar to him and had the similar responses.

Quote Originally Posted by mnhair View Post
    I can see that you want to be where you were before re: hairline etc. The one thing I'll note is that this is causing you stress. The more stress you have on this the more it'll accelerate your hair loss. So just chill and live your life. Yes, people are shallow and especially women re: dating. That's the world.

As to marriage, if a chick can't accept you for who you are, she's no good and will likely divorce your ass, and do an eat pray love tour when she gets bored. BTW, people aren't even getting married as much anymore. Perfectly normal to be single into older age than it was during the 80s.
    Today I went to an exclusive event, I was on stage. Room was full of women, I was so concious about my hair - kept going to the bathroom. Girls opened me at the bar, but my insecurities were getting the better of me.

Anyway, to give you lads an idea of the kinda of comments I was getting tonight - "James Bond".

I literally had women approach me in the street and asked me about who I was, why I was dressed so smart.

If I lose my hair, I doubt I will be compared to him. Very intriqual to my look.

I have had to wash my hair using thickeners and stuff for today, as my hairdresser cut my hair too short.

This thread went from FlightTL's depression to 19 pages of talking about yeahyeahyeah's hair loss or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    This thread went from FlightTL's depression to 19 pages of talking about yeahyeahyeah's hair loss or lack thereof.
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Yeah (yeahyeah) because he should be committed to a mental institution...

Again, great job is on point.

Yeahyeahyeah youre ****ing mental dude, go live your life. You're pissing everyone off with your attitude, and I don't even think youre trying to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    *sigh* Comprehensive reading fail?
    Look man, first: NOBODY said "he should stop caring about his hair because he is 28", that was not implied and the age thing was not even used in that context.

Second: I am 28 years old myself and a far more advanced 'bald brother'. I KNOW what it's like to be balding in your late 20's. (which he atm obviously is not)

Third: If "younger women are very easy to impress when you have disposable income, your own place/car, style, social skills, etc" 'Yeahyeahyeah' should stop ****ing around about his life being ruined because his hair density being only 90% or being a NW 1,5 and actually do something about the parts in his life which are lacking. That was the context in which the age-argument actually was used.
    When I said they are easy to impress with material/status things I also said it hinged on how you look

This is part of why even light recession can be depressing, it can significantly throw off the dimensions of your face. Also the loss of temple points (different from hairline corner recession) will always cause a cosmetic problem
    Remember some faces can be hit harder than others by the same amount of loss.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    When I said they are easy to impress with material/status things I also said it hinged on how you look

This is part of why even light recession can be depressing, it can significantly throw off the dimensions of your face. Also the loss of temple points (different from hairline corner recession) will always cause a cosmetic problem
    Remember some faces can be hit harder than others by the same amount of loss.
    Losing the temple points is a bitch.

Tbh when I photoshop my hair to how it should be, I'm easily an 8.

With hairloss I am a 5

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Losing the temple points is a bitch.

Tbh when I photoshop my hair to how it should be, I'm easily an 8.

With hairloss I am a 5
    The fact that you use a rating system for you looks says all anyone needs to know about you.

And i thaught i was crazy...