+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 248
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Exemplifies what not to do in response to any source of stress in our lives. Hair loss blows, but throwing other facets of your physical appearance down the tube is just silly. Hair loss should motivate you to get lean, mean and sharp-dressed, bro!
    Ive been guilty of this.

    Actually, I am negecting gym right now due to HL - scared i might accelerate it/.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Don't let that fear keep you from working out. I never worked out until after I was already losing hair. It did not accelerate at all after getting in shape. Just treat your hair loss and get back in the gym.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Don't let that fear keep you from working out. I never worked out until after I was already losing hair. It did not accelerate at all after getting in shape. Just treat your hair loss and get back in the gym.
    The trouble is often I go in and think 'what's the point if you get into shape but are bald - face wise you will be unattractive'

    I see so many guys in the gym who are buff , but due to hairloss ugly.

    Hard to motivate oneself.

    I just wish we didnt have this god damn. Curse

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    The trouble is often I go in and think 'what's the point if you get into shape but are bald - face wise you will be unattractive'

    I see so many guys in the gym who are buff , but due to hairloss ugly.

    Hard to motivate oneself.

    I just wish we didnt have this god damn. Curse
    What's the point of living with that attitude? ****, I hate balding too, but if you are so easily de-motivated, you would most certainly be de-motivated because of your nose shape, height, skin tone, acne, etc, etc, etc, etc. in place of balding (if it wasn't an issue).

    I legit just don't understand what the point of wasting away because of one physical characteristic is. I'm about to sound like Tracy C., but, the issue is deeper than hair.

    And, again, obviously hair loss troubles me -- I'm here aren't I? It troubles me in a motivating way.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    What's the point of living with that attitude? ****, I hate balding too, but if you are so easily de-motivated, you would most certainly be de-motivated because of your nose shape, height, skin tone, acne, etc, etc, etc, etc. in place of balding (if it wasn't an issue).

    I legit just don't understand what the point of wasting away because of one physical characteristic is. I'm about to sound like Tracy C., but, the issue is deeper than hair.

    And, again, obviously hair loss troubles me -- I'm here aren't I? It troubles me in a motivating way.
    Nothing bothers me more then hairloss.

    I grew up with hair - losing it is like losing apart of my identity.

    Imagine if a hot girl lost her hair - how would she feel?
    Why should it be any different for guys?

    Only because a lot of men lose hair, does not make it OK.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Schrodinger's Box
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post

    Actually, I am negecting gym right now due to HL - scared i might accelerate it/.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post

    I just wish we didnt have this god damn. Curse
    You don't "have this god damn. Curse."

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Nothing bothers me more then hairloss.

    I grew up with hair - losing it is like losing apart of my identity.

    Imagine if a hot girl lost her hair - how would she feel?
    Why should it be any different for guys?

    Only because a lot of men lose hair, does not make it OK.
    Dude are you smoking crack!?! You have a perfect head of hair, and the fact that you are even making comments like the ones above indicate that you have much greater problems than hairloss. It is insulting to listen to you complain about hairloss when you have a great head of hair.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Try swimming laps guys, it's very liberating for the mind also. Gets you tired fast, especially if you go early in the day, and grows shoulders and chest very well. It's a great work out and doesn't damage joints like going to the gym might. And if you can manage to do a sauna afterwards it's the best!

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    I don't think there's even one person on the face of this miserable planet who's as depressed or as greatly affected by hair loss as I am. I've been a prisoner of this hell (hair loss) for the past 20 years. It had completely taken over my life before it (the hair loss) even started. I'm not dead, but that's all I can say to describe my living. I'm just completely invisible. Just had my SIXTH HT last December and now I'm thinning again in the very same area that has had SIX HTs. There's NO way I can describe how I feel now. I'm seriously thinking about going homeless. There's just no way and no point of continuing the struggle. F**K life.
    Bro have you ever tried shaving it down to a one or zero? It can't be that bad.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    You don't "have this god damn. Curse."



    Dude are you smoking crack!?! You have a perfect head of hair, and the fact that you are even making comments like the ones above indicate that you have much greater problems than hairloss. It is insulting to listen to you complain about hairloss when you have a great head of hair.
    I am receeding! I also have a lot of bad hair days due to my widows peak as my hair doesn't frame my face properly.

    Whose to say I won't eventually lose it all?

  10. #20
    Senior Member fred970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Am I the worst case on this forum? being NW5 at 23?

    In my position, I've got to let you know it is not as bad as people with a NW2 think it is.

    Yeah you're bald, you feel less than, sometimes you think you're not pleasing to the eye, but most of the time it's all in your head anyway. Before crying about becoming bald, wait to actually experience it, then decide if it's really the end of the world. It's not.

Similar Threads

  1. Genuinely depressed because of hair loss/no social life/no confidence with girls
    By PatientlyWaiting in forum Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 04:15 PM
  2. Finasteride has destroyed my entire life
    By Jimmyjames1980 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 06:28 PM
  3. Very scared, can pull hair out in large numbers.
    By Cr779 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 04:10 PM
  4. Dr. Marwa Fawzi Regrows Large Amounts of Hair
    By DepressedByHairLoss in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 03:06 PM
  5. A Previous Hair Transplant Left Me With a Large Scar - Can This Be Repaired?
    By tbtadmin in forum IAHRS Info Center Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Post Finasteride Syndrome (Theory)
Today 10:02 PM
Last Post By ResIpsaLoquitur
Today 10:02 PM
Complete RU58841 Usage Guide
05-01-2013 06:52 PM
Last Post By ALM
Today 09:13 PM
TIme to Buzz? Shave?
09-12-2016 08:30 PM
by jerome
Last Post By jerome
Today 09:01 PM
What's my Norwood?
Today 02:34 PM
Last Post By ifas14
Today 08:04 PM
cutting up 5m fin?? seems so small lol
Today 07:45 PM
Last Post By raze1225
Today 07:45 PM
ruxolitinib
09-22-2016 11:37 AM
by ducu72
Last Post By beetee
Today 05:22 PM