+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    7 years till 35. Year 2020

If they don't have newer treatments by then. It will be like:

What.the.****.
    Well that is just a guess as I had that super slow mpb too,plus dr's say that is a common age for it to happen. You may go 20 + years before you need anything, if ever. But if you do, just don't put it off and let it expand. I am sure there will be something better by then, but even if not, minox+propecia is better than doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    10 bathroom checks today.
    It gets exhausting after a while.

Was suited up , a girl called me dashing. But I only know it was because of my hair. Balding feels like a dirty little secret.

I see a lot of comments about yeahyeahyeah's age as if he should stop caring about his appearance because he is 28??
    Let me break this down....late 20s is not what some of you apparently think. These are the best years for being single IF you can maintain your appearance. When you have disposable income, your own place/car, style, social skills, etc, younger women are very easy to impress

However it ALL hinges on your appearance. This makes the difference between being seen as a valuable bachelor vs a sad case who tries too hard and needs to give up
    MPB is a huge kick in the balls because you can do everything else right to stay looking young/healthy (sleep, diet, sunscreen, exercise, manage stress etc.) yet if you lost the MPB dice roll & have this gene, all of it goes to waste unless you catch it early enough w/ meds

& as he says it stretches to professional life as well. The world is superficial and it does not stop once you are 25+. I have made a thread already about how disadvantaged you can be in your career if you look bad, many people tried to disagree about it, but it is a fact.

Appearance = the #1 factor in your day to day life as a man, age by itself is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    10 bathroom checks today.
    It gets exhausting after a while.

Was suited up , a girl called me dashing. But I only know it was because of my hair. Balding feels like a dirty little secret.
    I can see that you want to be where you were before re: hairline etc. The one thing I'll note is that this is causing you stress. The more stress you have on this the more it'll accelerate your hair loss. So just chill and live your life. Yes, people are shallow and especially women re: dating. That's the world.

As to marriage, if a chick can't accept you for who you are, she's no good and will likely divorce your ass, and do an eat pray love tour when she gets bored. BTW, people aren't even getting married as much anymore. Perfectly normal to be single into older age than it was during the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I see a lot of comments about yeahyeahyeah's age as if he should stop caring about his appearance because he is 28??
    Let me break this down....late 20s is not what some of you apparently think. These are the best years for being single IF you can maintain your appearance. When you have disposable income, your own place/car, style, social skills, etc, younger women are very easy to impress

However it ALL hinges on your appearance. This makes the difference between being seen as a valuable bachelor vs a sad case who tries too hard and needs to give up
    MPB is a huge kick in the balls because you can do everything else right to stay looking young/healthy (sleep, diet, sunscreen, exercise, manage stress etc.) yet if you lost the MPB dice roll & have this gene, all of it goes to waste unless you catch it early enough w/ meds

& as he says it stretches to professional life as well. The world is superficial and it does not stop once you are 25+. I have made a thread already about how disadvantaged you can be in your career if you look bad, many people tried to disagree about it, but it is a fact.

Appearance = the #1 factor in your day to day life as a man, age by itself is nothing
    *sigh* Comprehensive reading fail?
    Look man, first: NOBODY said "he should stop caring about his hair because he is 28", that was not implied and the age thing was not even used in that context.

Second: I am 28 years old myself and a far more advanced 'bald brother'. I KNOW what it's like to be balding in your late 20's. (which he atm obviously is not)

Third: If "younger women are very easy to impress when you have disposable income, your own place/car, style, social skills, etc" 'Yeahyeahyeah' should stop ****ing around about his life being ruined because his hair density being only 90% or being a NW 1,5 and actually do something about the parts in his life which are lacking. That was the context in which the age-argument actually was used.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    *sigh* Comprehensive reading fail?
    Look man, first: NOBODY said "he should stop caring about his hair because he is 28", that was not implied and the age thing was not even used in that context.

Second: I am 28 years old myself and a far more advanced 'bald brother'. I KNOW what it's like to be balding in your late 20's. (which he atm obviously is not)

Third: If "younger women are very easy to impress when you have disposable income, your own place/car, style, social skills, etc" 'Yeahyeahyeah' should stop ****ing around about his life being ruined because his hair density being only 90% or being a NW 1,5 and actually do something about the parts in his life which are lacking. That was the context in which the age-argument actually was used.

But it is not as easy as that cause his hair looks "fine" dont mean nothing...im the worrying type i always worry specially over silly stuff what dont matter i cant help it (like when i worried about my hairloss even though it was still "perfect" to others at the time)...once the worry settles in thats it it is hard to get out all you lot saying pretty much on the words of..."stop being silly your hair is fine dont waste the time you have with hair" makes no difference we KNOW we shouldnt worry but can't help it...kinda like someone with OCD (like myself but different types) and cant stop washing their hands they know the reason they are doing it is stupid but cant stop.

Im sure yeahyeahyeah (unless this is just a big troll attempt) knows he has enough hair for now but he worries are what to come (horseshoe or if the hairloss will get worse or not etc) your worries can make things seem alot worse then they actually are...instead of being a tosser to him try an understand where he is coming from and realise not everyone thinks the same (i dont mean just you i mean others aswell)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    But it is not as easy as that cause his hair looks "fine" dont mean nothing...im the worrying type i always worry specially over silly stuff what dont matter i cant help it (like when i worried about my hairloss even though it was still "perfect" to others at the time)...once the worry settles in thats it it is hard to get out all you lot saying pretty much on the words of..."stop being silly your hair is fine dont waste the time you have with hair" makes no difference we KNOW we shouldnt worry but can't help it...kinda like someone with OCD (like myself but different types) and cant stop washing their hands they know the reason they are doing it is stupid but cant stop.

Im sure yeahyeahyeah (unless this is just a big troll attempt) knows he has enough hair for now but he worries are what to come (horseshoe or if the hairloss will get worse or not etc) your worries can make things seem alot worse then they actually are...instead of being a tosser to him try an understand where he is coming from and realise not everyone thinks the same (i dont mean just you i mean others aswell)
    There's a big difference between worrying and claiming your life is ruined and you live in fear from a problem that doesn't exist, that's called being crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    There's a big difference between worrying and claiming your life is ruined and you live in fear from a problem that doesn't exist, that's called being crazy.

Well if that is crazy then lock me away cause i must be crazy because the things i have worried about and the thoughts you think when you in this state of worry was alot worse then the stuff yeahyeahyeah has said...you just dont understand like i said worries can make things look alot worse then it actually is.

It would be different if he were in a situation where he has a starting bald spot or NW 2,5 of which you know will be much worse 2 years later.
    At this moment he has no visible problem and it's highly uncertain he even has the onset of mpb, yet he claims his life is ruined.

You're asking me to be compassionate because he's clearly insane. His problems have nothing to do with baldness! I don't think have his best interest at heart if I'd encourage him while he pisses away his life, when what he needs is a wake up call.

Well if that is crazy then lock me away cause i must be crazy because the things i have worried about and the thoughts you think when you in this state of worry was alot worse then the stuff yeahyeahyeah has said...you just dont understand like i said worries can make things look alot worse then it actually is.
    Ugh...
    Look, personally I've been visiting a psychiatrist since I was 21, even before I started going bald. I'm neurotic, I over-think things until I build up stress and end up having panic-attacks. But honestly, I'm not the only one like that on this forum. There are more members like me.

But here comes the difference: this is a baldness forum not a mental forum. The guy has no baldness FFS.
    If your hair is in the same state as 'yeahyeahyeah' and you think your life is over, please look for another forum because you're not gonna find a treatment on this one.