+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 248
  1. #181
    Senior Member StuckInARut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    208

    Default


  2. #182
    Senior Member mpb47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    7 years till 35. Year 2020

    If they don't have newer treatments by then. It will be like:

    What.the.****.
    Well that is just a guess as I had that super slow mpb too,plus dr's say that is a common age for it to happen. You may go 20 + years before you need anything, if ever. But if you do, just don't put it off and let it expand. I am sure there will be something better by then, but even if not, minox+propecia is better than doing nothing.

  3. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    10 bathroom checks today.
    It gets exhausting after a while.

    Was suited up , a girl called me dashing. But I only know it was because of my hair. Balding feels like a dirty little secret.

  4. #184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    I see a lot of comments about yeahyeahyeah's age as if he should stop caring about his appearance because he is 28??
    Let me break this down....late 20s is not what some of you apparently think. These are the best years for being single IF you can maintain your appearance. When you have disposable income, your own place/car, style, social skills, etc, younger women are very easy to impress

    However it ALL hinges on your appearance. This makes the difference between being seen as a valuable bachelor vs a sad case who tries too hard and needs to give up
    MPB is a huge kick in the balls because you can do everything else right to stay looking young/healthy (sleep, diet, sunscreen, exercise, manage stress etc.) yet if you lost the MPB dice roll & have this gene, all of it goes to waste unless you catch it early enough w/ meds

    & as he says it stretches to professional life as well. The world is superficial and it does not stop once you are 25+. I have made a thread already about how disadvantaged you can be in your career if you look bad, many people tried to disagree about it, but it is a fact.

    Appearance = the #1 factor in your day to day life as a man, age by itself is nothing

  5. #185
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    10 bathroom checks today.
    It gets exhausting after a while.

    Was suited up , a girl called me dashing. But I only know it was because of my hair. Balding feels like a dirty little secret.
    I can see that you want to be where you were before re: hairline etc. The one thing I'll note is that this is causing you stress. The more stress you have on this the more it'll accelerate your hair loss. So just chill and live your life. Yes, people are shallow and especially women re: dating. That's the world.

    As to marriage, if a chick can't accept you for who you are, she's no good and will likely divorce your ass, and do an eat pray love tour when she gets bored. BTW, people aren't even getting married as much anymore. Perfectly normal to be single into older age than it was during the 80s.

  6. #186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I see a lot of comments about yeahyeahyeah's age as if he should stop caring about his appearance because he is 28??
    Let me break this down....late 20s is not what some of you apparently think. These are the best years for being single IF you can maintain your appearance. When you have disposable income, your own place/car, style, social skills, etc, younger women are very easy to impress

    However it ALL hinges on your appearance. This makes the difference between being seen as a valuable bachelor vs a sad case who tries too hard and needs to give up
    MPB is a huge kick in the balls because you can do everything else right to stay looking young/healthy (sleep, diet, sunscreen, exercise, manage stress etc.) yet if you lost the MPB dice roll & have this gene, all of it goes to waste unless you catch it early enough w/ meds

    & as he says it stretches to professional life as well. The world is superficial and it does not stop once you are 25+. I have made a thread already about how disadvantaged you can be in your career if you look bad, many people tried to disagree about it, but it is a fact.

    Appearance = the #1 factor in your day to day life as a man, age by itself is nothing
    *sigh* Comprehensive reading fail?
    Look man, first: NOBODY said "he should stop caring about his hair because he is 28", that was not implied and the age thing was not even used in that context.

    Second: I am 28 years old myself and a far more advanced 'bald brother'. I KNOW what it's like to be balding in your late 20's. (which he atm obviously is not)

    Third: If "younger women are very easy to impress when you have disposable income, your own place/car, style, social skills, etc" 'Yeahyeahyeah' should stop ****ing around about his life being ruined because his hair density being only 90% or being a NW 1,5 and actually do something about the parts in his life which are lacking. That was the context in which the age-argument actually was used.

  7. #187
    Senior Member DannyBoyy7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    *sigh* Comprehensive reading fail?
    Look man, first: NOBODY said "he should stop caring about his hair because he is 28", that was not implied and the age thing was not even used in that context.

    Second: I am 28 years old myself and a far more advanced 'bald brother'. I KNOW what it's like to be balding in your late 20's. (which he atm obviously is not)

    Third: If "younger women are very easy to impress when you have disposable income, your own place/car, style, social skills, etc" 'Yeahyeahyeah' should stop ****ing around about his life being ruined because his hair density being only 90% or being a NW 1,5 and actually do something about the parts in his life which are lacking. That was the context in which the age-argument actually was used.




    But it is not as easy as that cause his hair looks "fine" dont mean nothing...im the worrying type i always worry specially over silly stuff what dont matter i cant help it (like when i worried about my hairloss even though it was still "perfect" to others at the time)...once the worry settles in thats it it is hard to get out all you lot saying pretty much on the words of..."stop being silly your hair is fine dont waste the time you have with hair" makes no difference we KNOW we shouldnt worry but can't help it...kinda like someone with OCD (like myself but different types) and cant stop washing their hands they know the reason they are doing it is stupid but cant stop.

    Im sure yeahyeahyeah (unless this is just a big troll attempt) knows he has enough hair for now but he worries are what to come (horseshoe or if the hairloss will get worse or not etc) your worries can make things seem alot worse then they actually are...instead of being a tosser to him try an understand where he is coming from and realise not everyone thinks the same (i dont mean just you i mean others aswell)

  8. #188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Schrodinger's Box
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    But it is not as easy as that cause his hair looks "fine" dont mean nothing...im the worrying type i always worry specially over silly stuff what dont matter i cant help it (like when i worried about my hairloss even though it was still "perfect" to others at the time)...once the worry settles in thats it it is hard to get out all you lot saying pretty much on the words of..."stop being silly your hair is fine dont waste the time you have with hair" makes no difference we KNOW we shouldnt worry but can't help it...kinda like someone with OCD (like myself but different types) and cant stop washing their hands they know the reason they are doing it is stupid but cant stop.

    Im sure yeahyeahyeah (unless this is just a big troll attempt) knows he has enough hair for now but he worries are what to come (horseshoe or if the hairloss will get worse or not etc) your worries can make things seem alot worse then they actually are...instead of being a tosser to him try an understand where he is coming from and realise not everyone thinks the same (i dont mean just you i mean others aswell)
    There's a big difference between worrying and claiming your life is ruined and you live in fear from a problem that doesn't exist, that's called being crazy.

  9. #189
    Senior Member DannyBoyy7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    There's a big difference between worrying and claiming your life is ruined and you live in fear from a problem that doesn't exist, that's called being crazy.



    Well if that is crazy then lock me away cause i must be crazy because the things i have worried about and the thoughts you think when you in this state of worry was alot worse then the stuff yeahyeahyeah has said...you just dont understand like i said worries can make things look alot worse then it actually is.

  10. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    But it is not as easy as that cause his hair looks "fine" dont mean nothing...im the worrying type i always worry specially over silly stuff what dont matter i cant help it (like when i worried about my hairloss even though it was still "perfect" to others at the time)...once the worry settles in thats it it is hard to get out all you lot saying pretty much on the words of..."stop being silly your hair is fine dont waste the time you have with hair" makes no difference we KNOW we shouldnt worry but can't help it...kinda like someone with OCD (like myself but different types) and cant stop washing their hands they know the reason they are doing it is stupid but cant stop.

    Im sure yeahyeahyeah (unless this is just a big troll attempt) knows he has enough hair for now but he worries are what to come (horseshoe or if the hairloss will get worse or not etc) your worries can make things seem alot worse then they actually are...instead of being a tosser to him try an understand where he is coming from and realise not everyone thinks the same (i dont mean just you i mean others aswell)
    It would be different if he were in a situation where he has a starting bald spot or NW 2,5 of which you know will be much worse 2 years later.
    At this moment he has no visible problem and it's highly uncertain he even has the onset of mpb, yet he claims his life is ruined.

    You're asking me to be compassionate because he's clearly insane. His problems have nothing to do with baldness! I don't think have his best interest at heart if I'd encourage him while he pisses away his life, when what he needs is a wake up call.

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    Well if that is crazy then lock me away cause i must be crazy because the things i have worried about and the thoughts you think when you in this state of worry was alot worse then the stuff yeahyeahyeah has said...you just dont understand like i said worries can make things look alot worse then it actually is.
    Ugh...
    Look, personally I've been visiting a psychiatrist since I was 21, even before I started going bald. I'm neurotic, I over-think things until I build up stress and end up having panic-attacks. But honestly, I'm not the only one like that on this forum. There are more members like me.

    But here comes the difference: this is a baldness forum not a mental forum. The guy has no baldness FFS.
    If your hair is in the same state as 'yeahyeahyeah' and you think your life is over, please look for another forum because you're not gonna find a treatment on this one.

Similar Threads

  1. Genuinely depressed because of hair loss/no social life/no confidence with girls
    By PatientlyWaiting in forum Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 04:15 PM
  2. Finasteride has destroyed my entire life
    By Jimmyjames1980 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 06:28 PM
  3. Very scared, can pull hair out in large numbers.
    By Cr779 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 04:10 PM
  4. Dr. Marwa Fawzi Regrows Large Amounts of Hair
    By DepressedByHairLoss in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 03:06 PM
  5. A Previous Hair Transplant Left Me With a Large Scar - Can This Be Repaired?
    By tbtadmin in forum IAHRS Info Center Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

balding on crown?
Today 01:14 PM
Last Post By ouu2fan85
Today 03:01 PM
Should I shave - need truth
Today 12:00 PM
by rreidu
Last Post By rreidu
Today 02:43 PM
Dr. B. Farjo - 2000 FUT
Today 08:07 AM
Last Post By Pete from Farjo
Today 08:07 AM
Considering Adding low dose dut
10-14-2013 06:37 PM
Today 07:40 AM
Do NOT Have a Hair Transplant!!!
09-26-2016 04:30 PM
Today 07:36 AM