+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 248
  1. #151
    Senior Member mpb47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    I know. I can tell you my story bud.

    My hair wasnt as good as yours but I was never 'going bald' . My hair loss was so slow that it only became a liability at age 35 really. Even then I had a relatively 'full head of hair' .

    That is the mistake I made. It will probably never happen to you but if I could go back I would start taking fin at age 20 unless there were drastic side effects

    I hear good things about Histogen. Cant wait to see what it can do.
    +1

    You may be fine for a long long time. But start keeping an eye on things when you are hitting your mid-late 30's.

    Hopefully by then there will be more effective drugs by then.

  2. #152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    +1

    You may be fine for a long long time. But start keeping an eye on things when you are hitting your mid-late 30's.

    Hopefully by then there will be more effective drugs by then.
    7 years till 35. Year 2020

    If they don't have newer treatments by then. It will be like:

    What.the.****.

  3. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    yeahyeahyeah, do you truly beleive going from nw0 to nw2 has that big an impact on your looks? If it does, that in itself is a little troubling. I dunno, maybe your one of those guys where hair is a big part of what makes them look good.

    OR, is it just the anxiety of losing more hair? If you knew your loss was completely stopped i dont think you would be on here.

    Even now my hair looks like shit and impacts my looks a bit, but id be happy with just stopping the loss above a nw3 and calling it a day.

    Make money, get a HT when you need, your done lol

  4. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    yeahyeahyeah, do you truly beleive going from nw0 to nw2 has that big an impact on your looks? If it does, that in itself is a little troubling. I dunno, maybe your one of those guys where hair is a big part of what makes them look good.

    OR, is it just the anxiety of losing more hair? If you knew your loss was completely stopped i dont think you would be on here.

    Even now my hair looks like shit and impacts my looks a bit, but id be happy with just stopping the loss above a nw3 and calling it a day.

    Make money, get a HT when you need, your done lol

    Both, and yeah it has. Especially with the temple points going. Not only does my forehead look longer, but by losing my temple points, my facial proportions are slightly out of whack now as I have a long wide forehead. This becomes very apparent if my fringe is cut too short or if I push my hair up. Sadly, the hairstyle which really suited me was one where my hair is pushed up - my ex girlfriend always used to ask me why I never did it. She often used to say to me, you have such thick hair, why don't you style it better. When you have a sharp V and push it up, you end up having a fauwhawk, which on me looks ridiculous.

    Other girls used to also compliment my hair a lot more when I was able too style it better, it is frustrating not being able to do so as I used to be told that I was handsome.

    It also doesn't help that because I've lost temple /hairline hair. With my hair not framing my face properly, I have heard on occasions, that my hair looks weird. Meaning that to AVOID this I often have to spend hours trying to get my hair styled well. In the old days I wouldn't even think about this. Now in comparison I am self conscious when I am out and about - often doing many bathroom checks during the day in case the wind has exposed my hairline.

    I have indeed been thinking about getting a hair transplant and moving on. This is what i want to do. But due to a lack of decent safe treatments, I am holding back out of the fear I lose more hair. The whole hairloss problem if I am honest causes me a lot of anxiety.

    My whole life has changed due to hairloss to be honest. Before when I used to get depressed, I was more hopeful about the future because I had my looks. Now, I feel under a lot more pressure to become successful due to the fear in becoming that bald, loser type. Or that bald type that settles.


    Frankly, I have become bitter as there are family members who are older that have no signs of hairloss. Due to my looks as well, I feel like I have a sell by date. So I am feeling the pressure to find a partner whilst I have decent hair.

  5. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Thumbs down

    To add, I wish I could buzz my hair, but again , whenever my hair is very short, I have people tell me 'grow your hair, it doesn't suit your face' - I can't win!

  6. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    To add, I wish I could buzz my hair, but again , whenever my hair is very short, I have people tell me 'grow your hair, it doesn't suit your face' - I can't win!
    Try having a ridiculous head shape and aggressive MPB.

  7. #157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Try having a ridiculous head shape and aggressive MPB.
    We are all in the same boat, MPB has affected me.

  8. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Schrodinger's Box
    Posts
    908

    Default

    For the last F*CKING time will you please STFU with all of your over the top comments!! The only reason hairloss is affecting your life negatively is because you are F*CKING mental!! You have perfect hair!! Stop playing the victim and pretending your life is ruined!!



    Here let me do you a favor and show you what someone looks like that is truly effected negatively by hairloss.



    That's me at age 24 after being duped into a hair transplant of only 800+ grafts that obviously couldn't do anything for me. The only thing I got out of it was a big scar that made it impossible for me to shave down. So I got to walk around like this for the last 6 years.

    You come on to this forum with a perfect head of hair and freak out because you think you can't spike your hair up anymore. Awww boo hoo! Grow up and stop being so damn shallow and superficial!! You are the biggest tool on this forum!!

  9. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    For the last F*CKING time will you please STFU with all of your over the top comments!! The only reason hairloss is affecting your life negatively is because you are F*CKING mental!! You have perfect hair!! Stop playing the victim and pretending your life is ruined!!



    Here let me do you a favor and show you what someone looks like that is truly effected negatively by hairloss.



    That's me at age 24 after being duped into a hair transplant of only 800+ grafts that obviously couldn't do anything for me. The only thing I got out of it was a big scar that made it impossible for me to shave down. So I got to walk around like this for the last 6 years.

    You come on to this forum with a perfect head of hair and freak out because you think you can't spike your hair up anymore. Awww boo hoo! Grow up and stop being so damn shallow and superficial!! You are the biggest tool on this forum!!
    Sorry to see that.

    But frankly, there is no point having amazing hair if it doesnt look good!

  10. #160
    Senior Member drybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    For the last F*CKING time will you please STFU with all of your over the top comments!! The only reason hairloss is affecting your life negatively is because you are F*CKING mental!! You have perfect hair!! Stop playing the victim and pretending your life is ruined!!



    Here let me do you a favor and show you what someone looks like that is truly effected negatively by hairloss.



    That's me at age 24 after being duped into a hair transplant of only 800+ grafts that obviously couldn't do anything for me. The only thing I got out of it was a big scar that made it impossible for me to shave down. So I got to walk around like this for the last 6 years.

    You come on to this forum with a perfect head of hair and freak out because you think you can't spike your hair up anymore. Awww boo hoo! Grow up and stop being so damn shallow and superficial!! You are the biggest tool on this forum!!
    Hey bud. To spin the positive in your situation, can we not shake a whole pile of derm match or kaboki on your head ?

    You have a full hairline but its diffuse thin. What happened (if) you tried that method?

Similar Threads

  1. Genuinely depressed because of hair loss/no social life/no confidence with girls
    By PatientlyWaiting in forum Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 04:15 PM
  2. Finasteride has destroyed my entire life
    By Jimmyjames1980 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 06:28 PM
  3. Very scared, can pull hair out in large numbers.
    By Cr779 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 04:10 PM
  4. Dr. Marwa Fawzi Regrows Large Amounts of Hair
    By DepressedByHairLoss in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 03:06 PM
  5. A Previous Hair Transplant Left Me With a Large Scar - Can This Be Repaired?
    By tbtadmin in forum IAHRS Info Center Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

balding on crown?
Today 01:14 PM
Last Post By ouu2fan85
Today 01:14 PM
Should I shave - need truth
Today 12:00 PM
by rreidu
Last Post By rbkoreaus
Today 01:09 PM
Dr. B. Farjo - 2000 FUT
Today 08:07 AM
Last Post By Pete from Farjo
Today 08:07 AM
Considering Adding low dose dut
10-14-2013 06:37 PM
Today 07:40 AM
Do NOT Have a Hair Transplant!!!
09-26-2016 04:30 PM
Today 07:36 AM