Depressed with hair loss, so I killed an entire extra large pizza and 3 cokes.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by greatjob!
    Why would you start with treatments that aren't known to work very well instead of using fin and/or minox?
    thinking of trying minox

did you shed?

Comment

• greatjob!
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
      thinking of trying minox

did you shed?
      I really didn't have enough hair to notice if I was shedding when I first started using it and I'm really not that tuned into that stuff, I just use it and forget about it. It's something you just have to deal with for the greater good and the end result.

Have you ever tried fin? It's literally made for people like you.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by greatjob!
        I really didn't have enough hair to notice if I was shedding when I first started using it and I'm really not that tuned into that stuff, I just use it and forget about it. It's something you just have to deal with for the greater good and the end result.

Have you ever tried fin? It's literally made for people like you.
        No. Don't want to mess with my hormones.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
          • Sep 2010

No. Don't want to mess with my hormones.
          As a guy who realizes how important hair is, you should be on DHT inhibs man. Unless you do not have mpb

Comment

• StuckInARut
            • Aug 2012

Yeah, I don't get it. You should really try some form of DHT inhibitor especially if you want to keep your hair. Funny thing with a lot of guys in similar situation as you is they don't want to use anything with a proven chance of working. If you are bothered by hair loss as much as you claim that should be your motivation to do whatever you can to maintain.

Waiting 5 to 10 years for a solution which may or may not be any better than what we have already today is a gamble. Although I am hopeful some of the treatments being developed will be a success; I will defer judgement till later. No offense to him personally but you don't want to end up like FlightTL, depressed and unable to move forward with life due to extensive hair loss. You may not reach the extent he has but easier to maintain while the hair is still present as opposed to after it's gone.

@FlightTL, I feel your pain brah, hair loss sucks the big one but you're going to have to stop with the binges and focus on improving what you can to help you move forward. I'll echo what has already been said and that is to improve your diet and hit the gym. Also I'd really consider shaving the sides down and just rocking the dome look.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
              As a guy who realizes how important hair is, you should be on DHT inhibs man. Unless you do not have mpb
              Yeah might do it now.

Photo in official publication was released, hair ruined everything. Ended up having to photoshop it heavily. Went from a 4 to a 9 with hair framing my face. Currently too much forehead is being exposed.

I think the higher norwoods dont realise that it looks like you are balding if the hair is not cut right at lower norwoods.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by StuckInARut
                Waiting 5 to 10 years for a solution which may or may not be any better than what we have already today is a gamble. Although I am hopeful some of the treatments being developed will be a success; I will defer judgement till later. No offense to him personally but you don't want to end up like FlightTL, depressed and unable to move forward with life due to extensive hair loss. You may not reach the extent he has but easier to maintain while the hair is still present as opposed to after it's gone.
                Im losing hair at a very slow pace, so i am pretty much maintaining right now. I think that I had my worse hairloss 2009/2010. So it is a calculated gamble in that sense.

The sides that may come with fin do not justify the pros. Also I am concerned what will happen to your hormone profile after long term usage of fin.

Comment

• Dan26
                  • Jul 2012

Are you on anything yeahyeahyeah??

Id atleast consider minox bro...You could get lucky and have some nice regrowth. My friend was losing hair very very slow, basically like you, very nice hair i thought it was a nw1 he considered it nw2 but no one could ever tell hair was being lost...he tried expirmentals for years, no success, continued to lose slow, then started minox/dermarolling and is almost back to nw1.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Dan26
                    Are you on anything yeahyeahyeah??

Id atleast consider minox bro...You could get lucky and have some nice regrowth. My friend was losing hair very very slow, basically like you, very nice hair i thought it was a nw1 he considered it nw2 but no one could ever tell hair was being lost...he tried expirmentals for years, no success, continued to lose slow, then started minox/dermarolling and is almost back to nw1.
                    yeah might try it, not happy at all by the recession

Comment

• Dan26
                      • Jul 2012

it COULD buy you a lot of time and put your mind at ease...its worth the shot IMO. Cheap, apply once daily at night to start, if your a good responder you should see results in a couple months.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
                        Yeah

Hairloss can affect my career tbh, company may decide that they want someone prettier representing them publically. Pre photoshop god I looked awful!

Pisses me off how people downplay it. In this day and age looking good is important.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                          • Jun 2013

Yeah

Hairloss can affect my career tbh, company may decide that they want someone prettier representing them publically. Pre photoshop god I looked awful!

Pisses me off how people downplay it. In this day and age looking good is important.
                          Yeah good luck to them finding somebody better. They have 007 himself as the face of the company. If they don't want you then eff them!

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                            Yeah good luck to them finding somebody better. They have 007 himself as the face of the company. If they don't want you then eff them!
                            My hair is playing a huge part in this tbh.

Just checked photos , looks like the fringe was way too short. Will have to complain next time I see my hairdresser.

I think that girl was so infautated with the thickness of the hair, that she forgot to cut it properly

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                              • Jun 2013

My hair is playing a huge part in this tbh.

Just checked photos , looks like the fringe was way too short. Will have to complain next time I see my hairdresser.

I think that girl was so infautated with the thickness of the hair, that she forgot to cut it properly
                              I used to think you were trolling because I look at your hair and it looks pretty damn good to me. I see now that you are just concerned like we all were when we first noticed our hair going to shit. I know you are afraid of fin, and with all the crap that is said online I don't blame you. All I am going to say is don't let your hair get too bad before you decide to act. I only wish I knew about these treatments years ago. Who knows what shape I would be in today. Don't make the same mistake that many make around here and waste time waiting for a "cure" or messing with BS experimental treatments. These are the same guys that usually decide to try fin when there hair loss is at the point of no return.

Comment

• UK_
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                                I used to think you were trolling because I look at your hair and it looks pretty damn good to me. I see now that you are just concerned like we all were when we first noticed our hair going to shit. I know you are afraid of fin, and with all the crap that is said online I don't blame you. All I am going to say is don't let your hair get too bad before you decide to act. I only wish I knew about these treatments years ago. Who knows what shape I would be in today. Don't make the same mistake that many make around here and waste time waiting for a "cure" or messing with BS experimental treatments. These are the same guys that usually decide to try fin when there hair loss is at the point of no return.
                                What do you mean?? I tried finasteride and it seriously messed up my sex drive - am I making this up? Why would I do that? Am I competing with Merck or something?

There is no doubt about the side effects associated with the use of Finasteride - the 5AR enzyme does not just convert T to DHT it also has a host of other jobs to do some of which vital neurosteroids in the brain and spinal cord depend upon.

Theres no treatment for hair loss in my case, I have to accept it, and so do millions of other men.

Comment

Working...