+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    I've always thought those pics looked too good to be true....

I've never seen anyone on this forum show that kind of regrowth!
    The second guy in those pics is unreal! He must have had a HT!!

I dont agree with the statement that regrowth on finasteride is next to impossible - not all 'before' pictures look the same as the 'after' pictures, a lot of the times they look considerably better, indicating thickening & regrowth.

Exclamation

Thank you for the link and the answers folks have now started posting!!! This is exactly the type of info I was in search of.

I think 'regrowth' would be the thickening up of hairs that have been thinned by DHT - In my view, if the hair is so far gone that it is like peach fuzz then it is unlikely that fin will help much. However, if the hair is just started thinning i.e. lost a bit of pigment and is a bit wispy, then I think that its possible, if DHT is significantly decreased to the follicles via fin, that these hairs could thicken slightly. Thus giving the appearance of ''regrowth''

In terms of timescales - personally I would say MINIMUM 6 months but more likely between 12-18 months. Thats if you get any 'regrowth' at all, most people on fin just get maintenance in the long term, but everyone is slightly different.

Recently I've been thinking in a way of: when a baby is born, they generally have very fine wispy hair almost like DHT affected hair, this hair doesn't fully turn into 'thick' terminal hair till about the age of say 3? (I've not had kids so I'm no expert!!) So it's not unreasonable to assume that it could take 3 years of no DHT affected follicles to possibly return to growing to terminal hairs.
    Thanks! The reason for my question is that after 5 months using DUT, I am seeing vellus hairs appear along my hairline where there had previously been nothing, not even peach fuzz for quite some time. Of this I am sure and like many who obsess over MPB, I would and continue to examine my hairline using a high powered magnifying mirror. That being said, I am quite sure what I see now is not my imagination, nor hair that is returning from the nasty DUT shed.

Quote Originally Posted by gsr852 View Post
    Thanks! The reason for my question is that after 5 months using DUT, I am seeing vellus hairs appear along my hairline where there had previously been nothing, not even peach fuzz for quite some time. Of this I am sure and like many who obsess over MPB, I would and continue to examine my hairline using a high powered magnifying mirror. That being said, I am quite sure what I see now is not my imagination, nor hair that is returning from the nasty DUT shed.
    Can I ask... did you try fin before DUT?

Can I ask... did you try fin before DUT?
    I did... I was originally on Dut (great results) but due to changing insurance companies, I had to stop & switch to Fin 5 years ago. Once I switched to Fin, I started going down hill. You could say it was just a coincidence and MPB was finally getting the best of me, but now that I am back on Dut again, suddenly (After a BAD shed that has finally ended) daily hair loss is down to what is considered normal and vellus hairs are appearing where I had no visible hair of any length or color for months.