+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Fin works well. Dut works better. If you are not on 1 of these (regardless what else you use), you are complacent about hair loss
    I like you 25goingon65, you're reasonable.

But this is an ignorant statement. Very much ignorant.
    You've completely undermined those of us who have tried fin/dut but are unable to use due to severe sides experienced.

Please be more considerate; I trust you understand we're not unwilling, but unable. Not complacent, but having exhausted all option.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    Do you have any evidence for any of your claims about the supposed inefficacy of finasteride?
    Uh... this forum? I've seen a number of guys that said Fin had no effect on their hair loss. Some have said efficacy dropped after a certain period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Fin works well. Dut works better. If you are not on 1 of these (regardless what else you use), you are complacent about hair loss
    Sure we need better treatments. We will not get them by banning the best ones we have RIGHT NOW
    That is an absolutely ridiculous argument. Go support Finasteride elsewhere. This forum category is about superior alternatives, not dated drugs from 20 years ago. It seems like you dont care to move forward. Again, why are you even here if you give finasteride so much praise?

Inactive

off topic. again.

Screw Finaterside Guys, This thread is about Nigam, Mwamba & Hair doubling technique.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I like you 25goingon65, you're reasonable.

But this is an ignorant statement. Very much ignorant.
    You've completely undermined those of us who have tried fin/dut but are unable to use due to severe sides experienced.

Please be more considerate; I trust you understand we're not unwilling, but unable. Not complacent, but having exhausted all option.
    This is true. I was thinking of the guys who care enough about hair loss to be on forums, but not enough to take 5-ar inhibs even though they can do it without sides.
    Did not mean to criticize people who tried, but got sides. Should have used different wording

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    That is an absolutely ridiculous argument.
    Only because of what clandestine pointed out. if you do not take oral 5-ar's by choice (as opposed to being someone who cannot because of sides), how seriously do you really take hair loss?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Go support Finasteride elsewhere. This forum category is about superior alternatives, not dated drugs from 20 years ago. It seems like you dont care to move forward. Again, why are you even here if you give finasteride so much praise?
    1- I was not the one who brought up fin in this thread
    2- The only thing that makes fin dated is dutasteride. There is still nothing else that competes with these drugs' body of evidence for reliably/consistently treating MPB (conveniently too)
    3- If I started meds 1-2 years earlier, I might not have this acct. I have more hair now than I did 4 years ago despite I started aggressively thinning in my early 20s. Do you realize where I would be without meds? Probably a diffuse NW3a at best
    Another example....Spencer IS a NW3a. Only after he started balding 1/4 century ago. He would be NW6-7 by now w/o meds.
    I would love better regrowth treatments, but the people saying fin/dut should not be sold are making no sense. For many, these drugs can make the difference between going NW4+ in their 20s vs staying <NW2 past age 30