+ Reply to Thread

Question There are so many Norwoods in the USA; then why do we feel so bad about hair loss???

Really, I feel horrible about hair loss, but see so many norwoods whenever I go shopping...

WHY????

I went out to eat for my birthday this Summer, nice steakhouse, in a large suburb next to a major city.

I would say there were 20 tables in our immediate dining area, 2-4 people per table, and EVERY table had at least 1 person with hair loss!

I guess it is just context.

I work in a salon, so you know, I usually feel terrible about my hair loss as 95% of clients have no visible form of it.

Americans have the highest risk for everything, definatly something in the western diet causing genetic changes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwingingGate View Post
    I went out to eat for my birthday this Summer, nice steakhouse, in a large suburb next to a major city.

I would say there were 20 tables in our immediate dining area, 2-4 people per table, and EVERY table had at least 1 person with hair loss!

I guess it is just context.

I work in a salon, so you know, I usually feel terrible about my hair loss as 95% of clients have no visible form of it.
    Those 2-4 balding people per table were either there by themselves, or with fat women.

Its not western diets its just the distribution of genes in people here. People living on different continents have different gene pools. Diet cant cause MPB because I eat the same exact stuff other people I know eat and they go bald rapidly like their dad and I lose very slowly. Its genetic nothing more I dont think MPB is a disease controlled by diet or exercise to any real degree.

Genetics is the main thing that will cause MPB. In my dads case he is the only one that went bald out of all his brothers. They shared the same diet. He was even the one in the best shape. So if your genetics say you are screwed, then you are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Genetics is the main thing that will cause MPB. In my dads case he is the only one that went bald out of all his brothers. They shared the same diet. He was even the one in the best shape. So if your genetics say you are screwed, then you are screwed.
    How was your hair loss like?

Mine started as MPB recession at the age of about 22 -23. The recession got to about NW2 at around 25. At that point I could not style my hair the way I wanted to anymore so I just started buzzing with a #2 or #3 guard. Unaware of any treatments I just let my hair go to s#!t. I am 37 now and in addition to recession, I also am diffusing on the top of my head. I decided to start treating my hair loss recently to hopefully keep what I have so I don't become slick bald. I will let you guys know if I am successful.