+ Reply to Thread

Default Going on 36, with 15 years of hair loss...

Hi everyone,

I am 35 for a few more days, and have been losing my hair since the age of 20. During the first couple of years, I quickly went from my NW0 to NW2. Now, I am a NW3. After living it really hard and trying all kinds of treatments at the beginning, I eventually got accustomed to the idea that I would go bald sooner or later. I kept having my hair cut very short for a few years, and as the hair loss got surprisingly slow and me older, I started to let it grow a little longer again.

This summer, while taking a plane, I saw an ad for TRX2, so-called effective tratment against MPB. So I started looking for opinions on it, and eventually found the 400-page long thread on this forum. I decided not to buy the product, but to try other solutions suggested by the members, i.e. Nizoral, MSM and Scalpicin. I have seborrheic dermatitis and have consistently been scratching my head every day for all those years; the itch is hard to resist. But if I can get it under control, I have a chance to slow down the shedding even more, and maybe even regrow some with supplement formulas.

All in all, I'm still not too hopeful, and try to enjoy what remains as much as I can. I still have a good coverage of hair on my scalp, but the front is starting to get thinner now.

Ok, well nice to meet you and if anyone has a similar experience, please feel free to share any tips

Steer clear of trx2 - my opinion. i wasted around 15 months on it and lots of money.

Your story is pretty much similar to mine except it sounds like my hair loss is a bit worse. Have you thought about fin and minox? If you are a NW2 these might help you not only stop the loss, but reverse some also.

I think I tried both at the beginning, I don't think Minox helped, as for finasteride, I think I stopped immediately as recommended in the instructions because of a side effect, i.e. testicle pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Steer clear of trx2 - my opinion. i wasted around 15 months on it and lots of money.
    Thanks mate, I'll definitely be very careful when it comes to choosing whether or not to use such an expensive treatment. I don't get it why they don't organise a public study with a few guys trying the stuff for free; they could afford it. Instead of that there's jsut one guy talking about his "results" on their Youtube channel, lol

I would love for my hair loss to be nice and slow so I didn't have to treat. Unfortunately, my hair loss has the pedal to the floor - going from NW1 to NW2.5 in a year and a half.

That kind of sounds like me at 20-22. Maybe it'll slow down later...

Quote Originally Posted by slowhairloss View Post
    Thanks mate, I'll definitely be very careful when it comes to choosing whether or not to use such an expensive treatment. I don't get it why they don't organise a public study with a few guys trying the stuff for free; they could afford it. Instead of that there's jsut one guy talking about his "results" on their Youtube channel, lol
    I hear you - those characters on you-tube claiming results, are a joke.

You'll get one or two people popping up on the trx2 thread claiming it is working for them, one guy in particular called Ulanude - view his replies with caution.

If it worked, i'd be telling you - it doesn't, at least not to any degree near to which the maker's claim.

Up to you if you take a punt - don't say you weren't advised not to tho

lol, no problem. I went on another forum before and someone suggested to take something similar but cheaper, Wellman Tricologic Hair Growth Tablets (less than £20 on Amazon, mixed reviews though, and the very positive ones sound fishy as well).

At the moment, I am just taking MSM twice a day, and using Nizoral twice a week plus Scalpicin (salicylic acid, not hydrocortisone) every evening. I'm not using hydrocortisone at the moment because it was not recommended in the Nizoral instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by slowhairloss View Post
    I think I tried both at the beginning, I don't think Minox helped, as for finasteride, I think I stopped immediately as recommended in the instructions because of a side effect, i.e. testicle pain!
    Believe it or not I think that is pretty normal when you first get on it. I think it happened when I got on it the first time about 10 years ago and I know it happened when I got back on it in July. But it should only last a day or so and it should go away.

There may be better treatments down the road, but for now I think minox and propecia are the best things proven to work.