+ Reply to Thread

Default Diffuse Balding and Propecia

Hi everyone. I'm 22 years old and have been on Propecia for around 9 weeks. I originally thought I had MPB but now it seems I have Diffuse Patterned Alopecia (not diffuse unpatterned alopecia). My hair is shedding all over the top my head, so much so that I have had to buzz my hair down to a #1 but my scalp is becoming more visible by the day. But this shedding had begun before I even began Propecia so for all I know the Propecia shed has not/will not begin.

My question is does Propecia work for diffuse pattern baldness? All the information I have found on seems very contradictory. Are there any DPA sufferers out there who have had personal success with Propecia? I'd be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this

Quote Originally Posted by HarryMc View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm 22 years old and have been on Propecia for around 9 weeks. I originally thought I had MPB but now it seems I have Diffuse Patterned Alopecia (not diffuse unpatterned alopecia). My hair is shedding all over the top my head, so much so that I have had to buzz my hair down to a #1 but my scalp is becoming more visible by the day. But this shedding had begun before I even began Propecia so for all I know the Propecia shed has not/will not begin.

My question is does Propecia work for diffuse pattern baldness? All the information I have found on seems very contradictory. Are there any DPA sufferers out there who have had personal success with Propecia? I'd be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this
    It worked well for me until the 7 month mark, and then all hell broke loose. Crazy itching of the scalp and insane shedding that has now lasted over a year. If you get a big shed associated with an itch consider dropping it.