+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Will Bodybuilding Effect My DHT Levels???

I am 5 months into using Dutas. I had my internist test my DHT. The reference range provided by the lab doing the test was 16-79 and my reading was <5ng/dl.

Great number but my question is, if I start working out/bodybuilding, this will raise my testosterone levels, but will it also have a negative effect on my great DHT levels that have lowered as a result of taking Dutas?

Thanks

Question

Bump... Sorry but really curious to know.

No.

Lift, and be healthy.

gsr852, Im actually curious have you had any side effects with dutas?

I've been doing bodybuilding since i was 23. Since the beginning of this year i noticed i had hairloss, i am 28 now, almost 29. So, that's 5 years with no hairloss what so ever while doing bodybuilding.

When you train, your testosterone levels rise for 45min., after that the levels decline again. From what i heard recently is that when you train your muscles suck up free testosterone (what makes you build muscles), the excessive amount of free testosterone is in turn transformed into DHT.

So in short, when your doing bodybuilding you have less free testosterone in your body and in place less DHT.

Using creatine on the otherhand is still a bit risky, because one study suggest that DHT levels rise 70%(think it was), after your first intake and stays stationary at 40-50% after each dose.

I think i got my major hairloss because of creatine. Don't know for certain though.

Quote Originally Posted by Westonci View Post
    gsr852, Im actually curious have you had any side effects with dutas?
    A bit of tenderness around the nipples along with minor gyno in the same area. Not really noticeable except to me and they are the exact same side effects I had when I previously took Avodart 5 years ago.

Other than what I noted, no sides and considering how low my DHT level is, it is well worth it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Atum View Post
    I've been doing bodybuilding since i was 23. Since the beginning of this year i noticed i had hairloss, i am 28 now, almost 29. So, that's 5 years with no hairloss what so ever while doing bodybuilding.

When you train, your testosterone levels rise for 45min., after that the levels decline again. From what i heard recently is that when you train your muscles suck up free testosterone (what makes you build muscles), the excessive amount of free testosterone is in turn transformed into DHT.

So in short, when your doing bodybuilding you have less free testosterone in your body and in place less DHT.

Using creatine on the otherhand is still a bit risky, because one study suggest that DHT levels rise 70%(think it was), after your first intake and stays stationary at 40-50% after each dose.

I think i got my major hairloss because of creatine. Don't know for certain though.
    I use to take creatine but stopped after reading a number of research reports and talking to my doctor. Creatine can without doubt add to or accelerate hair loss if you are predisposed to MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by gsr852 View Post
    I use to take creatine but stopped after reading a number of research reports and talking to my doctor. Creatine can without doubt add to or accelerate hair loss if you are predisposed to MPB.
    Creatine is a really effective bodybuilding supplement that I use everday.

Can you link me to these research reports claiming it accelerates hair loss?

I've been taking Creatine in one form or another for the past two years, the time in which I've experienced hair loss, (I'm 20).

Now I'm not saying creatine is the reason I lost my hair (although I hope it was) as I was obviously predisposed to MPB but I'm going to stop taking it none the less. Worth a shot I guess.

I had no idea there was a correlation between creatine and hair loss until reading this, and then googling it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Vic12 View Post
    Creatine is a really effective bodybuilding supplement that I use everday.

Can you link me to these research reports claiming it accelerates hair loss?
    http://journals.lww.com/cjsportsmed/...hydrate.9.aspx