Will Bodybuilding Effect My DHT Levels???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gsr852
    • Dec 2012

Will Bodybuilding Effect My DHT Levels???

I am 5 months into using Dutas. I had my internist test my DHT. The reference range provided by the lab doing the test was 16-79 and my reading was <5ng/dl.

Great number but my question is, if I start working out/bodybuilding, this will raise my testosterone levels, but will it also have a negative effect on my great DHT levels that have lowered as a result of taking Dutas?

Thanks
  • gsr852
    • Dec 2012

Bump... Sorry but really curious to know.

Comment

• clandestine
      • Aug 2011

No.

Lift, and be healthy.

Comment

• Westonci
        • Feb 2010

gsr852, Im actually curious have you had any side effects with dutas?

Comment

• Atum
          • Aug 2013

I've been doing bodybuilding since i was 23. Since the beginning of this year i noticed i had hairloss, i am 28 now, almost 29. So, that's 5 years with no hairloss what so ever while doing bodybuilding.

When you train, your testosterone levels rise for 45min., after that the levels decline again. From what i heard recently is that when you train your muscles suck up free testosterone (what makes you build muscles), the excessive amount of free testosterone is in turn transformed into DHT.

So in short, when your doing bodybuilding you have less free testosterone in your body and in place less DHT.

Using creatine on the otherhand is still a bit risky, because one study suggest that DHT levels rise 70%(think it was), after your first intake and stays stationary at 40-50% after each dose.

I think i got my major hairloss because of creatine. Don't know for certain though.

Comment

• gsr852
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Westonci
            gsr852, Im actually curious have you had any side effects with dutas?
            A bit of tenderness around the nipples along with minor gyno in the same area. Not really noticeable except to me and they are the exact same side effects I had when I previously took Avodart 5 years ago.

Other than what I noted, no sides and considering how low my DHT level is, it is well worth it!!!

Comment

• gsr852
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Atum
              I've been doing bodybuilding since i was 23. Since the beginning of this year i noticed i had hairloss, i am 28 now, almost 29. So, that's 5 years with no hairloss what so ever while doing bodybuilding.

When you train, your testosterone levels rise for 45min., after that the levels decline again. From what i heard recently is that when you train your muscles suck up free testosterone (what makes you build muscles), the excessive amount of free testosterone is in turn transformed into DHT.

So in short, when your doing bodybuilding you have less free testosterone in your body and in place less DHT.

Using creatine on the otherhand is still a bit risky, because one study suggest that DHT levels rise 70%(think it was), after your first intake and stays stationary at 40-50% after each dose.

I think i got my major hairloss because of creatine. Don't know for certain though.
              I use to take creatine but stopped after reading a number of research reports and talking to my doctor. Creatine can without doubt add to or accelerate hair loss if you are predisposed to MPB.

Comment

• Vic12
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by gsr852
                I use to take creatine but stopped after reading a number of research reports and talking to my doctor. Creatine can without doubt add to or accelerate hair loss if you are predisposed to MPB.
                Creatine is a really effective bodybuilding supplement that I use everday.

Can you link me to these research reports claiming it accelerates hair loss?

Comment

• Borealis
                  • Mar 2013

I've been taking Creatine in one form or another for the past two years, the time in which I've experienced hair loss, (I'm 20).

Now I'm not saying creatine is the reason I lost my hair (although I hope it was) as I was obviously predisposed to MPB but I'm going to stop taking it none the less. Worth a shot I guess.

I had no idea there was a correlation between creatine and hair loss until reading this, and then googling it :/

Comment

• Atum
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Vic12

upplementation. Design: Double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study with a 6-week washout period. Setting: Rugby Institute in South Africa. Participants: College-aged rugby players (n = 20) volunteered for the study, which took place during the competitive season. Interventions: Subjects loaded with creatine (25 g/day creatine with 25 g/day glucose) or placebo (50 g/day glucose) for 7 days followed by 14 days of maintenance (5 g/day creatine with 25 g/day glucose or 30 g/day glucose placebo). Main Outcome Measures: Serum T and DHT were measured and ratio calculated at baseline and after 7 days and 21 days of creatine supplementation (or placebo). Body composition measurements were taken at each time point. Results: After 7 days of creatine loading, or a further 14 days of creatine maintenance dose, serum T levels did not change. However, levels of DHT increased by 56% after 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days maintenance (P < 0.001). The ratio of DHT:T also increased by 36% after 7 days creatine supplementation and remained elevated by 22% after the maintenance dose (P < 0.01). Conclusions: Creatine supplementation may, in part, act through an increased rate of conversion of T to DHT. Further investigation is warranted as a result of the high frequency of individuals using creatine supplementation and the long-term safety of alterations in circulating androgen composition. Statement of Clinical Relevance: Although creatine is a widely used ergogenic aid, the mechanisms of action are incompletely understood, particularly in relation to dihydrotestosterone, and therefore the long-term clinical safety cannot be guaranteed....

Comment

• gsr852
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Vic12

There are many credible research reports that can be found on the web. Here is one that provides a good starting point. I would also suggest Speaking to a nutritionist or MD who can answer any additional questions you may have.

Improve your health, lifestyle, diet & nutrition with hair removal news, facts, tips, & other information. Educate yourself about hair removal & help yourself and others live a more...

Comment

• TheSwingingGate
                        • May 2013

I have been taking Creatine on and off for the past 18 years, but first noticed hair loss just 2 years ago. Interesting. I wonder if the Propecia would cancel out the increased DHT?

Makes me wonder if I have been losing hair the entire time, slowly, or if MPB sensitive receptors just spring into action one day like a new code being installed.

I really like lifting weights, my hair, and Creatine.

Someone find the dang cure quick!

Comment

Working...