Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skipstah70
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
    I have heard Spencer K. say that it seems the older guys have better luck(less sides), than the younger guys.
    This makes me laugh, because if you think about it logically... the opposite should happen. If you are producing LESS testosterone (which older men do), you are far more likely to notice the adverse effects of the drug. Once again, I think Spencer is full of shit. I think the reality is that most older men who try taking this medication purely for cosmetic reasons, quickly realize the immediate adverse side effects on their sex lives, and simply stop taking the drug. The ones over 40 who are still on this med as a solution are to be frank, the die-hards who simply won't accept bald as the inevitable... myself included. As a group, the over 40s still on the drug wouldn't be an accurate poll group, you'd have to poll all the countless others who quit the med because they couldn't tolerate it any longer for it to be truthful!!

Comment

• Vic12
      • Aug 2013

Seems to me like I wont be jeopardizing my gains if I go on fin.

I don't really care how I feel or loss of libido; as long as my d*** works, I keep my hair and gain muscle I'll be the happiest person in the planet.

Thanks for all the input so far guys.

Comment

• Jcm800
        • Jan 2011

I'm 44 and contemplating the drug, I read so many different views on it, regarding older guys taking it, my head is spinning. To be honest also, at my age I don't feel as healthy sexually as I did in my teens, maybe I'd be asking for a limp duck at my age on the drug

Comment

• BigThinker
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Vic12
          Seems to me like I wont be jeopardizing my gains if I go on fin.

I don't really care how I feel or loss of libido; as long as my d*** works, I keep my hair and gain muscle I'll be the happiest person in the planet.

Thanks for all the input so far guys.
          That's what's up with me, and I'm 25. Gaining mass and hopefully saving hair.

I feel like my drive is a little lower, but when it's put in front of me I still perform.

Good enough for me.

Comment

• drybone
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by skipstah70
            I'd be very interested to hear how you find tolerating the drug at your age. I'm 43 myself and I can honestly say that all of the adverse effects I've experienced with this drug seem to be magnified as I get older. I've tried reducing the doseage because of this, but they are still noticeable. I believe this is due to my body producing less testosterone as I'm getting older.
            Honestly bud its 'to each his own'. I didnt get any lasting effects from taking it at all but the younger guys complain about it all the time.

We came to the consensus that they have more testosterone so it hits them harder. At 43 maybe in your case you still have a lot.

Comment

Working...