+ Reply to Thread

Default Almost 3 months off Finastride. Will I have to go through the process again?

Ran out of finasteride and couldn't find a place to get it until a week ago. Been on fin for 2+ years. Crown thickened back up and I have maintained my hair since. Never really been concerned about my hairline as I have shaggy hair although I have a small line of miniaturized hairs with a tiny bit of left temple recession. Well after being off finasteride for almost three months the front half of my hair looks brittle and my bangs look thin and dry. That small line of hairs miniaturized even further. Also started noticing hair on my bathroom counter and sink again for the first time in 2 years. DHT is a mother****er.

So my question is when I start back up this week will I have to go through the propecia shed all over again? If anyone has stopped and re-started before I'd appreciate hearing your experience.

Consistency is a key part of treating MPB. I am sure I would have been in better shape had I not gone on and off Fin/Rogaine for months and months(Not my choice). It happens when you are okay with your hair, you get comfortable and tell yourself "Oh it's okay, few months won't hurt."

Just get on it ASAP and try not to go off it for so long again. Don't take your hairline for granted. In most cases, once it's gone, only an HT can bring it back to a cosmetically acceptable hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    Ran out of finasteride and couldn't find a place to get it until a week ago. Been on fin for 2+ years. Crown thickened back up and I have maintained my hair since. Never really been concerned about my hairline as I have shaggy hair although I have a small line of miniaturized hairs with a tiny bit of left temple recession. Well after being off finasteride for almost three months the front half of my hair looks brittle and my bangs look thin and dry. That small line of hairs miniaturized even further. Also started noticing hair on my bathroom counter and sink again for the first time in 2 years. DHT is a mother****er.

So my question is when I start back up this week will I have to go through the propecia shed all over again? If anyone has stopped and re-started before I'd appreciate hearing your experience.

I think I might Sher some light. I was on fin for about a year and 8 months, I then greedyly switched to Dut and found out they were sugar pills Tom India, never buying online again. I had to man up and get a prescription from a doctor and got my 4 month supply for $9 lol. After I got off fin for Dut, I had exactly the same problem you have, hair thinned mainly in the front and was very brittle. I was able to just pull them and then they would t come off. Once I got back on fin, I still had the shed for 3 weeks but then it stopped and the hair got back to normal for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    I think I might Sher some light. I was on fin for about a year and 8 months, I then greedyly switched to Dut and found out they were sugar pills Tom India, never buying online again. I had to man up and get a prescription from a doctor and got my 4 month supply for $9 lol. After I got off fin for Dut, I had exactly the same problem you have, hair thinned mainly in the front and was very brittle. I was able to just pull them and then they would t come off. Once I got back on fin, I still had the shed for 3 weeks but then it stopped and the hair got back to normal for the most part.
    Thanks. Sorry about getting sugar pills, but maybe that was a blessing in disguise and you would of got sides from Dut. I almost switched to it as well, for no other reason than "greed". Decided to go with what has worked and ordered finasteride instead, lol.

Hopefully the stuff I am getting from inhouse is legit. Getting sugar pills would suck. When I am down to a 3 month supply, I plan on reordering early. Just in case.