+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    Ok but on which purpose? better regen? 100% regen?

I think breaktrough might again come from the Netherland.
    They have few big steps advance already, and it is clearly mentioned on their website that they are busy with Hair Multiplication and trying to bring it on the market but need to perfect it....
    Yeah, that's pretty much it; better regeneration and they're trying to perfect it.

What surprised me, was that he said he was open to the clinics in North America using the technology. It sounded like he would license the technology to them.

The other exciting thing is the Hair Science Academy he's opening.

it is very exciting...

Was it your first HST? how many grafts? what is your Norwood?

I think now, the smartest, is to try to be patient... those who can not stand their HL going away should do one HST to frame... then enjoy the result for one or two years until Gho offers even better.

Imagine, Joling who got three and is quite OK, he can easily enjoy another year or two with his actual result, and later, get even better density with new technics.

Quote Originally Posted by LT56 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I had my procedure yesterday with Dr. Gho. Since I had a chance to speak with him about new developments, here they are:

I'm going from memory and interpretation here:

HST II:
    This will be coming out, according to Dr. Gho, ''very soon''. The benefits are that it is much less invasive and healing time is greatly accelerated.

HSI:
    I asked Dr. Gho about this and he said it looks very promising. There is enthusiasm and confidence in his voice about it. I asked if they multiply the stemcells and he said yes, but it's not always necessary. What they're working on is getting the protocol right (I think) because if one injects too many stemcells it actually produces too much hair and thus the results end up looking like small clumps like a doll's head. I asked of course about timelines and he said, ''Well, I'm a very patient man.'' I asked more and he said, ''Well, I don't mean decades, but it will be a few years yet''. They also have to design and build instruments (maybe there's a job for us engineers...). I didn't want to pester too much.

Other news: I asked where the next office will be opened and he said he's focusing on Europe and Asia at the moment, although he's open to the clinics who have been inquiring in North America, but they're going through a recession right now. Also, he wants to open an academy for ongoing research and development.
    My impression of him is one of honesty, great energy and ''to hell with what other people think, I know my procedures work''.
    Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I feel you're getting mixed up between HSI and HST 2.0

Basically HSI is the hair stem cell injection method, straight from the hasci site: "Up to the removal of the hair stem cells to be transplanted, the technique is the same as HST. The major difference lies in the implantation. With HST, the stem cells are ‘planted’ in tiny holes made with a needle. With Hair Stem Cell Injection® the stem cells are injected directly into the skin without prepared holes."

They have been doing this HSI on eyebrows etc already, there is even a Famous woman on one of the hasci videos having it done.

I see HSI as HST 2.0. It's a natural HST development.

But what you have called HSI is referred to as HM on the hasci website since 1996. It mentions that they believe they can already get 20% improvement (possibly by injecting your stemcells, no idea) however the 20% improvement might be patchy and unsightly. And that's where there upto with it.

I don't personally believe Gho has anything up his sleeve just yet, other than HSI, which is just an improved version of HST.

HM is probably still years away, maybe 2020.

I gues HSI will be exactly for candidates like you GC...
    people who got numerous HST and want a higher density, then, ask for the Injection, they say on the website taht it allows more precision and more density.

HM, if Gho says no decades but a few years away, I would expect 3 years from now the most optimistic and 5 years the most realistic and 7 years if we are not lucky!!!

Science grows really fast now, competition from other Doctors or labs might motivate Gho in accelerating the reserach for the real cure!!!

Am just wondering if people like us who got transplanted (HST) will be eligible for HM procedure cinsisting in injecting stem cells to grow bunches of hairs...
    how can you control if they will not push or be blocked by your transplanted hairs and create issues on your scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I feel you're getting mixed up between HSI and HST 2.0

Basically HSI is the hair stem cell injection method, straight from the hasci site: "Up to the removal of the hair stem cells to be transplanted, the technique is the same as HST. The major difference lies in the implantation. With HST, the stem cells are ‘planted’ in tiny holes made with a needle. With Hair Stem Cell Injection® the stem cells are injected directly into the skin without prepared holes."

They have been doing this HSI on eyebrows etc already, there is even a Famous woman on one of the hasci videos having it done.

I see HSI as HST 2.0. It's a natural HST development.

But what you have called HSI is referred to as HM on the hasci website since 1996. It mentions that they believe they can already get 20% improvement (possibly by injecting your stemcells, no idea) however the 20% improvement might be patchy and unsightly. And that's where there upto with it.

I don't personally believe Gho has anything up his sleeve just yet, other than HSI, which is just an improved version of HST.

HM is probably still years away, maybe 2020.
    You may be right GC, I didn't ask what the methods are, I asked him about benefits and timelines. But he definitely said that HST 2.0 is a ''precursor to HSI''.

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    it is very exciting...

Was it your first HST? how many grafts? what is your Norwood?

I think now, the smartest, is to try to be patient... those who can not stand their HL going away should do one HST to frame... then enjoy the result for one or two years until Gho offers even better.

Imagine, Joling who got three and is quite OK, he can easily enjoy another year or two with his actual result, and later, get even better density with new technics.
    Hey Caddarik,
    This was my first HST, with 1170 grafts. 100 grafts went to cover an old transplant scar in back and the rest went to lower the front hairline. I'm a NW 3a.