Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT56
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by gc83uk
    Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I feel you're getting mixed up between HSI and HST 2.0

Basically HSI is the hair stem cell injection method, straight from the hasci site: "Up to the removal of the hair stem cells to be transplanted, the technique is the same as HST. The major difference lies in the implantation. With HST, the stem cells are ‘planted’ in tiny holes made with a needle. With Hair Stem Cell Injection® the stem cells are injected directly into the skin without prepared holes."

They have been doing this HSI on eyebrows etc already, there is even a Famous woman on one of the hasci videos having it done.

I see HSI as HST 2.0. It's a natural HST development.

But what you have called HSI is referred to as HM on the hasci website since 1996. It mentions that they believe they can already get 20% improvement (possibly by injecting your stemcells, no idea) however the 20% improvement might be patchy and unsightly. And that's where there upto with it.

I don't personally believe Gho has anything up his sleeve just yet, other than HSI, which is just an improved version of HST.

HM is probably still years away, maybe 2020.
    You may be right GC, I didn't ask what the methods are, I asked him about benefits and timelines. But he definitely said that HST 2.0 is a ''precursor to HSI''.

Comment

• LT56
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by caddarik79
      it is very exciting...

Was it your first HST? how many grafts? what is your Norwood?

I think now, the smartest, is to try to be patient... those who can not stand their HL going away should do one HST to frame... then enjoy the result for one or two years until Gho offers even better.

Imagine, Joling who got three and is quite OK, he can easily enjoy another year or two with his actual result, and later, get even better density with new technics.
      Hey Caddarik,
      This was my first HST, with 1170 grafts. 100 grafts went to cover an old transplant scar in back and the rest went to lower the front hairline. I'm a NW 3a.

Comment

Working...