+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pilofocus

Dr A and Dr Bhatti should get their hands on Pilofocus and offer it at cheap rate, $3-$4 per grafts max, Otherwise I cant see how average nw6 patient will be able to afford it, even it it works as claimed spending $100k+ is downright insane, you can buy a house instead.

question is will dr Wesley share his technique for free or? I guess he will charge for training+royalty

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Dr A and Dr Bhatti should get their hands on Pilofocus and offer it at cheap rate, $3-$4 per grafts max, Otherwise I cant see how average nw6 patient will be able to afford it, even it it works as claimed spending $100k+ is downright insane, you can buy a house instead.

question is will dr Wesley share his technique for free or? I guess he will charge for training+royalty
    You are damn right about that. I wish it will be available in Turkey with Dr. Erdogan or Dr. Hakan or in India with Dr. Bhatti or Dr. Arvind.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post

One way or another, anyone involved with pilofocus will have to pay for it. Which is fair enough the guy has to make a living too.

IDK guys, but for us average Joe's, spending anything more than $30,000 for hair is psychotic let alone $100,000!

I had no idea Hair transplants were SO EXPENSIVE!!!

You'd think these doctors would be happy to make $30,000 for one days work! What is happening in this god damn industry! <SIGH>

My take: I don't care what the cost is. Just give me regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    You'd think these doctors would be happy to make $30,000 for one days work! What is happening in this god damn industry! <SIGH>
    COMPLACENCY!

20 years have passed since Finasteride has been on the market and nobody has cared enough to bring forth a superior alternative. The same goes for hair restoration. Everyone wants a cure, but nobody is willing to do anything about it. People are lazy.

yes its pathetic how much some of them charge, 30k is decent amount of money but unfortunately it doesn't get you too many grafts

NY doctors are the most expensive in the world, I think Dr Feller and others charge around $13...doctors in Australia are about the same or even more

Our best chance is some 3rd world Dr buying rights to use pilofocus and offer it for a fraction of price.

Even if its $4 per graft its still $40k for 10 000 grafts...not small amount of money

Quote Originally Posted by brunobald View Post
    Hariri, here is a link to the schedule for this years ISHRS meeting. Pilofocus has a half hour slot plus questions and answers.

http://ishrs.org/sites/default/files...b_06-29-13.pdf
    Dr. Cheng-Ming Chuong, someone knows him? He has written several papers on hair follicles regeneration

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    IDK guys, but for us average Joe's, spending anything more than $30,000 for hair is psychotic let alone $100,000!

I had no idea Hair transplants were SO EXPENSIVE!!!

Actually the prices in the industry have gone down over the years. In the late 80's some doctors were charging as much as $25 per graft when the average hair transplant was like 300 grafts.

U.S. doctors will charge whatever the market will bare and once some Europian countries and third world countries get their hands on the technology, lower income people will travel to have the procedure at cheaper rates. That's what cosmetic surgery tourism is all about.

The thing is this is elective surgery and since the market is so big, U.S. doctors will have plenty of business from people who can afford their rates.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    Actually the prices in the industry have gone down over the years. In the late 80's some doctors were charging as much as $25 per graft when the average hair transplant was like 300 grafts.

U.S. doctors will charge whatever the market will bare and once some Europian countries and third world countries get their hands on the technology, lower income people will travel to have the procedure at cheaper rates. That's what cosmetic surgery tourism is all about.

The thing is this is elective surgery and since the market is so big, U.S. doctors will have plenty of business from people who can afford their rates.

yes but in 80s 1 graft had 30 hairs...

all you needed was 600 grafts and you go home with on your face