Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Sogeking
    Hellouser, have you considered financing Tsuji Lab?
    However it would be wise first to ask around if the legislation for the law to speed up stem cell based treatment trials in Japan has been approved.
    Although they are still in preclinical trials. They haven't started testing on humans, last I heard.
    Also haven't crowdfunded anything yet but if you guys go for it, I will gladly donate. I trust you guys more than doctor out there.
    As for the Histogen I am worried about two things: safety and efficacy.
    I think on the topic of Tsuji Labs, Desmond would know best of how feasible it would be give them support, or if they need any at all. Its little things like this that need to get sorted before we can start making a commotion in the hair loss world and bring a treatment in QUICK time

I've got a feeling that Lauster is ahead of Tsuji Labs, hence my proposal to fund Univ. of Berlin more so.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
      • Jul 2011

I'm against supporting histogen. Their results were lackluster-- and not compoundable.

Plus, they're pretty far along in the trials. If they had something viable, there are plenty of biotech investors that would be involved-- and apparently they aren't. That is a strong signal to me....

I'm much rather support lauster or tsuji.... \

unlimited hair for transplant
      VS.
      crappy injections that honestly dont look much better than nigams underwhelming results

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
        I'm against supporting histogen. Their results were lackluster-- and not compoundable.

Plus, they're pretty far along in the trials. If they had something viable, there are plenty of biotech investors that would be involved-- and apparently they aren't. That is a strong signal to me....

I'm much rather support lauster or tsuji.... \

unlimited hair for transplant
        VS.
        crappy injections that honestly dont look much better than nigams underwhelming results
        I agree, I would much rather have all the funds go to a COMPLETE cure, but before we can even assume that we can give them cash, we need to know if they need it and if the cash will actually help expedite them. Thing is, simply throwing money at a cause doesn't automatically guarantee results. I remember watching a documentary about funding for schools where they said they needed more money to improve facilities in order to get more students and higher grades.... the results actually gave POORER results. So, we need to be pretty wise with where the money goes.

However, dont think I'm against Lauster, I want the holy grail BADLY... right now in fact. I even suggested that the initiative could be setup so that anyone with a complete working cure gets 100% of the collected funds... giving incentive to everyone to perfect their results and give a viable treatment... making it a hard fought race for everyone to get the results we've been waiting for all these years... decades...

Comment

• Californication
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
          The passiveness of society is my biggest concern.... if the project is to fail, it will do so because nobody cares to actually cure baldness. And I've said this before, WE, the hair loss sufferers are to blame for the current state we are in for treatments. Brushing off the crowdfunding initiative will be a testament to that and would validate my stance. Hopefully I'm wrong.
          I think it's too easy to absolve ourselves if this fails and be like "O well, society doesn't care" and just blame it on them.

It doesn't make sense because even if everyone in society was apathetic (they're not, not everyone at least), but then even if a significant bald/balding population is reached, it should be enough. Especially women too as people are definitely more sympathetic, understandably, of their plight.

Comment

• pocketmerlin
            • Jan 2013

So where are things at right now, hellouser? Are you working on a website right now, or what have you been up to?

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by pocketmerlin
              So where are things at right now, hellouser? Are you working on a website right now, or what have you been up to?
              Website design may actually already be finished, logo is pretty much done, name is pretty much settled on.

Once I get more details from Axel I'll make it more public. Right now its just me and him going back and forth between emails. We're both busy with our day jobs, so things dont move as fast as we'd want them to. However, I gotta tell you, everything looks like a GREAT unified campaign thus far.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                • Jan 2011

I agree, I would much rather have all the funds go to a COMPLETE cure, but before we can even assume that we can give them cash, we need to know if they need it and if the cash will actually help expedite them. Thing is, simply throwing money at a cause doesn't automatically guarantee results. I remember watching a documentary about funding for schools where they said they needed more money to improve facilities in order to get more students and higher grades.... the results actually gave POORER results. So, we need to be pretty wise with where the money goes.

However, dont think I'm against Lauster, I want the holy grail BADLY... right now in fact. I even suggested that the initiative could be setup so that anyone with a complete working cure gets 100% of the collected funds... giving incentive to everyone to perfect their results and give a viable treatment... making it a hard fought race for everyone to get the results we've been waiting for all these years... decades...
                Yes, something like a grand prize/bonus. Like promoters do in boxing, who ever gets the best knock out gets a bonus, on top of their guaranteed purse. This makes all the fighters fight harder and more exciting, and the fans leave satisfied. Maybe we can get these companies to try to go for the knock out.

Comment

• Thinning87
                  • Dec 2012

Website design may actually already be finished, logo is pretty much done, name is pretty much settled on.

Once I get more details from Axel I'll make it more public. Right now its just me and him going back and forth between emails. We're both busy with our day jobs, so things dont move as fast as we'd want them to. However, I gotta tell you, everything looks like a GREAT unified campaign thus far.
                  Thanks for your work

Comment

• locke999
                    • Jul 2013

If this thing works out, how would potential donators know that the money being donated is really going towards a cure and not being pocketed. Not that I have anything against you Hellouser but these things happen.

Comment

• Hairismylife
                      • Jun 2012

Count me

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by locke999
                        If this thing works out, how would potential donators know that the money being donated is really going towards a cure and not being pocketed. Not that I have anything against you Hellouser but these things happen.
                        an audit

I'm more worried about what this thing is....

is it still just a vehicle for giving money to some company with lackluster results and dried up funding (histogen)?

Comment

Working...