+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    I wasn't suggesting we "crowdfund a cure"

I was also not suggesting it would be easy, or could be start immediately.

I'm suggesting, we find some top researchers, who are maybe not finding the necessary grants, or are not being paid enough to incentivize them to work on a day by day basis-- and giving the money to go H.A.M.

There are some sharp guys on the forum who have really targeted the several questions left to be answered by researchers, we just need to narrow that list and find a consensus-- then find some person capable of running the experiments, and then we just need the money to do it--- and BAM we have effectively sped up an added onto, what was prior to, a given set of possibilities. A net addition from value added efforts.

If we could get them to say where the money would go (ex. to fund so and so experiments/papers/ etc) and we had them sign on contingently (based on if the money was raised etc.), then it could happen.

I just spent $75 on what will probably be snake oil....if we all did that, we could have some dough, even if it was just $1-2 per person.
    Yes there is some stuff we want answered, but wouldn't that involve stealing some patents? That is after all one of the issues Histogen had right? Even though they won, they got slowed down immensely. If anything we should contact that Dr. Lauster, he has original work that should not purge into any existing patents. We might need to find him, assuming he is not already dead lol. I am sure we can get a hold of some of those members from Germany, they have a forum over there which is pretty big as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    Yes there is some stuff we want answered, but wouldn't that involve stealing some patents? That is after all one of the issues Histogen had right? Even though they won, they got slowed down immensely. If anything we should contact that Dr. Lauster, he has original work that should not purge into any existing patents. We might need to find him, assuming he is not already dead lol. I am sure we can get a hold of some of those members from Germany, they have a forum over there which is pretty big as well.
    Contacting Dr. Lauster should be done though, before we finalize on an idea. Since hes at the University of Berlin, his team is going to be government funded. Who knows how much cash he's got to play with to continue his work. The other problem is that we have no clue what he's been up to in the last three years since his success in the creation of artificial skin and hair. Those last three years is a LOT of time for him to have done something significant, but incredibly, he's been more hush about everything than even Follica. From what we last heard 3 years ago, clinical trials were already planned. So... 3 years have passed.... where's he at now?

His work is supposed to be part of the efforts in order to put an end on animal testing of products, hence the artificial skin, which, as far as I know, is supposed to be spearheded by the EU and force all the EU countries to stop all animal testing this year or some time soon. Which begs the question: how are biotechs and cosmetics companies supposed to do their tests now? Without Dr. Lausters work, they're kind of screwed.

Having said that, would it not be fair to assume Lauster's got funding from the EU as well?

In any case, I think Histogen and Lauster's work are my personal two top initiatives to fund, one which is a bandaid solution but a DAMN good one, and the other that is the holy grail and will put a complete end to our misery.

I think we need to all come together as a community and make some decisions together of where the funds SHOULD and roll with that. We, the hair loss community would know best, especially the cutting edge forum users since we're best informed.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Hellrouser, you are sharp individual and could probably run some stuff yourself I'm sure, but my opinion, being invovled in startups and venture capital, is to try to assemble a team that could really and truly execute whatever plan you decide on.

see my above post for suggestions and guidance in this.
    I don't wan't to make any decisions on impulse without all my bases covered with as much input from everyone I can possibly get. Axel is in on this too, so he's got some say as well. We've got a great looking logo already designed, name to go with it along with a website design as well.

I'm not worried about execution or the strategy as much as I am about others being NON-complacent. I know nobody is going to help us fight baldness, but its getting to the point where I'm having doubts about those who want a cure but are too lazy to put in a bit of effort into expediting a commercially available treatment. The passiveness of society is my biggest concern.... if the project is to fail, it will do so because nobody cares to actually cure baldness. And I've said this before, WE, the hair loss sufferers are to blame for the current state we are in for treatments. Brushing off the crowdfunding initiative will be a testament to that and would validate my stance. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Since everyone is having different opinions on where the money would go, you guys think we should have a poll to decide?

Quote Originally Posted by k3nk3n View Post
    Since everyone is having different opinions on where the money would go, you guys think we should have a poll to decide?
    That has the potential to go very wrong. "Open poll: which company should we give potentially millions of dollars to?", See the problem?

I think we could all come to an agreement without a poll. I like Hellouser's idea of Lauster and/or Histogen.

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    That has the potential to go very wrong. "Open poll: which company should we give potentially millions of dollars to?", See the problem?

I think we could all come to an agreement without a poll. I like Hellouser's idea of Lauster and/or Histogen.
    Well, we all need to decide somehow and figure out the best route for funding. I emailed Axel with a large update on things with some questions. He's got a pretty AWESOME idea on generating awareness that deviates a little from what has already been discussed. Eventually we'll make more things public.

Hellouser,

You can count on me brother. I'll definitely be supporting this movement financially and personally

It's a great idea and only better things can come out of it! Let me know if you need help with anything

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hellouser,

You can count on me brother. I'll definitely be supporting this movement financially and personally

It's a great idea and only better things can come out of it! Let me know if you need help with anything
    PERFECT! I was really hoping you'd be in on this, youre one of the few guys with a strong technical background on the topic of hair!

Thanks! I'll keep everyone here updated with progress!

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!!!!

Sign me up guys!

Hellouser, have you considered financing Tsuji Lab?
    However it would be wise first to ask around if the legislation for the law to speed up stem cell based treatment trials in Japan has been approved.
    Although they are still in preclinical trials. They haven't started testing on humans, last I heard.
    Also haven't crowdfunded anything yet but if you guys go for it, I will gladly donate. I trust you guys more than doctor out there.
    As for the Histogen I am worried about two things: safety and efficacy.