+ Reply to Thread

Default Few Questions about MPB

Hi Guys

Hopefully someone can answer these two questions?

If a man has MPB looking currently at NW2/3 will they all end up at NW7 given e nought time. Or can it stop without any treatment sooner ?

Also every where it states that you shouldn't look at your fathers hairline to see your future, but males from your Mothers side of the family.. How many of you find this true ?

I only ask as every single male in my father family over the age of 25 are NW7, where as on my mothers side, they are at worst NW1 where as I feel am Nw3 ish

My grandfather became a NW2-3 in his late teens, and he's been like that ever since.

So yeah it can stop.

But I wouldn't wait to find out if it will for you.

Now that my temples are gone, I've placed an order for Proscar, because the only real risk is going bald in college.

Depends on your age as well and how fast it's been progressing until now (which depends from person to person).

When you're young (18-30) your body produces more testosterone increasing the level of DHT affecting your haircells. From your mid 50's-60's on the DHT-levels will have significantly decreased halting the progress.

And I dunno... we've had discussions about mature hairlines on this forum, which I do believe exists. But if you really have mpb and you start going bald in your teens, there is no way you'll avoid an NW7 at a certain point in life without medication.

Also every where it states that you shouldn't look at your fathers hairline to see your future, but males from your Mothers side of the family.. How many of you find this true ?
    It's kind of an urban legend.
    It can come from either side of the family, at any age and it can skip a generation. It's kind of a lottery. You'll never know until it happens.

For instance: there's no baldness whatsoever on my mother's side of the family. My grandfather (father's side) was bald, he had 4 sons of whom only my dad became bald at age 45. No baldness with my nephews either. My brother skipped the gene as well, I started going bald at 24-25.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic12 View Post
    the only real risk is going bald in college.
    Unfortunately I can tell you this is not true. You will see, it is easier to pull college age women at 25-30 than when you are actually college age (srsly)....unless you are significantly balding & do not have an amazing headshape/face to pull it off
    Not to mention how it can affect your career & day to day treatment in general. Hair loss just blows at any age <90 I would say

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2400 View Post
    If a man has MPB looking currently at NW2/3 will they all end up at NW7 given e nought time. Or can it stop without any treatment sooner ?
    Get out and about and look around. Many men progress to Norwood III and never go any further. Reaching Norwood III is not a definite indication that you will one day be a Norwood VII.

This is not true. You can inherit MPB or FPB from either your mother or your fathers side of the family. If any blood relative from either side of your family has MPB or FPB, you have the genetic programming for it too.

There is no such thing as a family tree that is completely free of MPB or FPB.

I only ask as every single male in my father family over the age of 25 are NW7, where as on my mothers side, they are at worst NW1 where as I feel am Nw3 ish
    The best thing you can do for yourself is to keep an eye on it and treat it if you can, then move on with your life. Millions of men have lived long, happy and fulfilling lives for thousands of years in spite of MPB. You can too.

For the most accurate and truthful information about MPB and FPB currently available, go to this site:

http://www.americanhairloss.org/

Hi,
    Its a genetic lottery unfortunately. Hair loss can stop/start up at any point.

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Its a genetic lottery unfortunately. Hair loss can stop/start up at any point.
    ^That. Short, simple, straight to the point and totally true.