+ Reply to Thread

Default Tension on scalp...

Hi guys,

I am 25 years old and suffering from hair loss around my temples. It first noticed it around the age of 22. I'm probably coming up to Norwood Hamilton Scale 2A I reckon and it's really getting me down. However on researching about hair loss it is difficult to find anyone who is going through a similar experience to me.... or maybe my research skills on this are rubbish.

Does anyone else have extreme tension on your scalp... in particular where hair loss is taking place?
    The tension can be quite sharp... not painful but extremely irritating and I often rub my scalp and try and get rid of the tension. I get tension every single day and it goes on and off. I am suffering from insomnia (always very tired) and I am a stressed out person and I believe this is heavily contributing to it. What do you guys think? If there a strong correlation between this tension/stress and hair loss at the temples?
    Thanks for any insight into this, it would be very interesting to learn about my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelad88 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am 25 years old and suffering from hair loss around my temples. It first noticed it around the age of 22. I'm probably coming up to Norwood Hamilton Scale 2A I reckon and it's really getting me down. However on researching about hair loss it is difficult to find anyone who is going through a similar experience to me.... or maybe my research skills on this are rubbish.

Does anyone else have extreme tension on your scalp... in particular where hair loss is taking place?
    The tension can be quite sharp... not painful but extremely irritating and I often rub my scalp and try and get rid of the tension. I get tension every single day and it goes on and off. I am suffering from insomnia (always very tired) and I am a stressed out person and I believe this is heavily contributing to it. What do you guys think? If there a strong correlation between this tension/stress and hair loss at the temples?
    Thanks for any insight into this, it would be very interesting to learn about my experience.
    I would think that, if anything, the tension/stress would exacerbate the balding process but probably not be the sole cause.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Internal tension that would cause a tension headache or surface tension that if in the donor area would possible make things more difficult in regards to hair transplantation.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile