+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry.

Your money situation may not be where you need it to be right now to get a transplant. You are in school so that situation should improve once you get your degree.

Having your appearance go to the crapper because of MPB sucks big time. Most of us have been there and can feel your pain. No motivational speeches in this post. I just don't have it in me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HairlossAt15 View Post
    Its not the end of the world.......
    The end of the world would be better than this life.

You're one of the ones who has his hair loss stabilized if I remember correctly. You're also a fairly young dude but not that young in that there are other dudes your age also balding. And it seems from a lot of your post that it's more about your worrying/anxiety about baldness than your actual physical state that is the problem for you (since girls still seem to talk to you fine). So as much as it sucks , I suggest you get over that, force yourself to be social and stop being a *****. There are many dudes who are able to get over baldness, and you doing everything you can for the moment, should rest easy.

I mean this in the nicest way possible of course. Hope you get through it man, hope we all do.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I'm sorry to everyone, myself included.

The pain we've been set to endure. It's difficult (to say the least).

What's true, is we'll endure. Whether we feel to consciously admit it or not, we'll endure. A hard truth I've come to realise; it builds strength, but only if you let it. Express yourself in other avenues, in positive ways.

One day, (we all hope), we'll be ourselves again. It will be tremendous. Groundbreaking. Remarkable. Unfathomable, even. We'll look back on this period of our lives in a similar fashion that one looks back on a bad dream.

I'm sorry. But keep on.

Cheers,
    clan.
    this hit hard. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    You're one of the ones who has his hair loss stabilized if I remember correctly. You're also a fairly young dude but not that young in that there are other dudes your age also balding. And it seems from a lot of your post that it's more about your worrying/anxiety about baldness than your actual physical state that is the problem for you (since girls still seem to talk to you fine). So as much as it sucks , I suggest you get over that, force yourself to be social and stop being a *****. There are many dudes who are able to get over baldness, and you doing everything you can for the moment, should rest easy.

I mean this in the nicest way possible of course. Hope you get through it man, hope we all do.
    I also have Alopecia Areata, really bad, like 8 spots all over my head so I have two types of hair loss to battle. Let me guess, you only have MPB? and I am NW4 at 24 years old. And yeah, girls still talk to me because I use Toppik, which barely covers my bald spots.

No i'm not going to get over it, I want to solve my problem, not get over it. And no i'm not going to stop being a *****, what ever that is. There are many dudes, but i'm not one of them, and neither is any one who bothered to even make an account on a hair loss website.

It was not nice at all, it just made me more upset at my situation. And why any one who is signing up to a hair loss website to tell others to "get over it" is beyond me. If I am not mistaken, you are thinking of getting SMP, newsflash, that is not getting over hair loss, that is being insecure about hair loss and not accepting it. So I mean, take your own advice before giving it to others. I mean this in the nicest way possible.

Clandestine, sorry to derail your thread.

No worries man we all need to vent; this is the section for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I also have Alopecia Areata, really bad, like 8 spots all over my head so I have two types of hair loss to battle. Let me guess, you only have MPB? and I am NW4 at 24 years old. And yeah, girls still talk to me because I use Toppik, which barely covers my bald spots.
    I'm sorry about that man.

No i'm not going to get over it, I want to solve my problem, not get over it. And no i'm not going to stop being a *****, what ever that is. There are many dudes, but i'm not one of them, and neither is any one who bothered to even make an account on a hair loss website.

It was not nice at all, it just made me more upset at my situation. And why any one who is signing up to a hair loss website to tell others to "get over it" is beyond me. If I am not mistaken, you are thinking of getting SMP, newsflash, that is not getting over hair loss, that is being insecure about hair loss and not accepting it. So I mean, take your own advice before giving it to others. I mean this in the nicest way possible.
    I don't like hair loss. I want to look as good as possible for my age and having hair loss isn't really something most people experience at my age. I want a solution NOW just like you do. So yes, if you want to define that as insecure go ahead, I wouldn't phrase it like it that, anymore than I would call someone who goes to the gym insecure. We all do things to better ourselves.

But my "get over it" was in response to your posts related to death. There are plenty of people on this website who don't like hair loss. We are on this website to counter that---> that doesn't put us all in the 'life is terrible' boat that you're in. You won't here many talking about "this life being more painful than death" or any such garbage like that. So, yeah, you do need to get over it to the point where it isn't constantly bringing you down if you want to live a normal life. Hate to break it you, but those are the facts (and perhaps start with asking yourself why a random person's post on the internet 'upsets' you).

Way to take my whole post as a direct attack on you though. We're on the same team bro. I'm not advising you to stop treatments, stop actively looking for better solutions. I'm just advising that you man up and make the best of a shitty situation, maybe get with some girls, and feel good about yourself outside of your hair however you can rather than make quasi-suicidal posts on a hair loss forum. Your choice though.

I am legitimately anti-social now, no thanks to MPB, and it has made me an asshole. Today, a female classmate, who I was classmate with before, was upset at me for not saying hi to her in the beginning of class. I didn't do it on purpose, I just didn't know if she wanted me to approach her and greet her, because she didn't even acknowledge me, so I thought "Well she wants nothing to do with me, of course, with my ugly head." despite last week her coming towards me to greet me. So at the end of class I tapped her shoulder and said bye, she didn't even look at me, and just faintly raised her hand to wave bye at me and just walked away.

Then I emailed her to ask her if she is upset at me, and she told me that I am rude for not approaching her to say hi, and she told me that I have changed, that I used be more friendly, and that I used to approach her to talk all the time, and it's true, she's right. But I didn't want to tell her that I am just depressed because of my hair loss. SO I lied to her and told her I just don't feel like talking to classmates too much because supposedly i'm trying to focus on getting my GPA up, and talking to girls distracts me. She said okay then we won't talk, and I said alright. But it's a lie, I am a nice guy and do like talking to girls/classmates, i'm just depressed and just go to class without talking to any one, then leave without talking to anyone. MPB has ruined me socially, and I know it will ruin me even more.
    Don't let your mpb ruin your life. It sounds like this girl likes you so don't blow it.

Trust me, I have been there before. Many women really do not mind mpb but they do mind how you talk to them...something I am still trying to master.

good luck!

Clandestine, sorry to derail your thread.

I feel your pain but not everyone is here cause they are suffering like myself...im here kinda like how lets say a cancer patient who beats cancer but makes a book or creates a charity about cancer etc to try and help others and kinda says you are not alone...i also know someone with the bald patches on his head (no mpb) and even though he hates it he has had many girlfriends...there is always a way and i know you are not on about me but i thought i would just say.

I am legitimately anti-social now, no thanks to MPB, and it has made me an asshole. Today, a female classmate, who I was classmate with before, was upset at me for not saying hi to her in the beginning of class. I didn't do it on purpose, I just didn't know if she wanted me to approach her and greet her, because she didn't even acknowledge me, so I thought "Well she wants nothing to do with me, of course, with my ugly head." despite last week her coming towards me to greet me. So at the end of class I tapped her shoulder and said bye, she didn't even look at me, and just faintly raised her hand to wave bye at me and just walked away.

Then I emailed her to ask her if she is upset at me, and she told me that I am rude for not approaching her to say hi, and she told me that I have changed, that I used be more friendly, and that I used to approach her to talk all the time, and it's true, she's right. But I didn't want to tell her that I am just depressed because of my hair loss. SO I lied to her and told her I just don't feel like talking to classmates too much because supposedly i'm trying to focus on getting my GPA up, and talking to girls distracts me. She said okay then we won't talk, and I said alright. But it's a lie, I am a nice guy and do like talking to girls/classmates, i'm just depressed and just go to class without talking to any one, then leave without talking to anyone. MPB has ruined me socially, and I know it will ruin me even more.
    Maybe that is why you are not getting laid.

Just came back from Italy, where men have great hair - my friend NW5, pulled twice.

I actually offered him some hair wax before we went out, he was like "I have no hair", went out pulled.

He generally doesn't take things seriously. He accepts he is bald, and not the best looking guy ever.