I'm sorry.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

No worries man we all need to vent; this is the section for it.

Comment

• Californication
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
      I also have Alopecia Areata, really bad, like 8 spots all over my head so I have two types of hair loss to battle. Let me guess, you only have MPB? and I am NW4 at 24 years old. And yeah, girls still talk to me because I use Toppik, which barely covers my bald spots.
      I'm sorry about that man.

No i'm not going to get over it, I want to solve my problem, not get over it. And no i'm not going to stop being a *****, what ever that is. There are many dudes, but i'm not one of them, and neither is any one who bothered to even make an account on a hair loss website.

It was not nice at all, it just made me more upset at my situation. And why any one who is signing up to a hair loss website to tell others to "get over it" is beyond me. If I am not mistaken, you are thinking of getting SMP, newsflash, that is not getting over hair loss, that is being insecure about hair loss and not accepting it. So I mean, take your own advice before giving it to others. I mean this in the nicest way possible.
      I don't like hair loss. I want to look as good as possible for my age and having hair loss isn't really something most people experience at my age. I want a solution NOW just like you do. So yes, if you want to define that as insecure go ahead, I wouldn't phrase it like it that, anymore than I would call someone who goes to the gym insecure. We all do things to better ourselves.

But my "get over it" was in response to your posts related to death. There are plenty of people on this website who don't like hair loss. We are on this website to counter that---> that doesn't put us all in the 'life is terrible' boat that you're in. You won't here many talking about "this life being more painful than death" or any such garbage like that. So, yeah, you do need to get over it to the point where it isn't constantly bringing you down if you want to live a normal life. Hate to break it you, but those are the facts (and perhaps start with asking yourself why a random person's post on the internet 'upsets' you).

Way to take my whole post as a direct attack on you though. We're on the same team bro. I'm not advising you to stop treatments, stop actively looking for better solutions. I'm just advising that you man up and make the best of a shitty situation, maybe get with some girls, and feel good about yourself outside of your hair however you can rather than make quasi-suicidal posts on a hair loss forum. Your choice though.

Comment

• mpb47
        • Apr 2012

I am legitimately anti-social now, no thanks to MPB, and it has made me an asshole. Today, a female classmate, who I was classmate with before, was upset at me for not saying hi to her in the beginning of class. I didn't do it on purpose, I just didn't know if she wanted me to approach her and greet her, because she didn't even acknowledge me, so I thought "Well she wants nothing to do with me, of course, with my ugly head." despite last week her coming towards me to greet me. So at the end of class I tapped her shoulder and said bye, she didn't even look at me, and just faintly raised her hand to wave bye at me and just walked away.

Then I emailed her to ask her if she is upset at me, and she told me that I am rude for not approaching her to say hi, and she told me that I have changed, that I used be more friendly, and that I used to approach her to talk all the time, and it's true, she's right. But I didn't want to tell her that I am just depressed because of my hair loss. SO I lied to her and told her I just don't feel like talking to classmates too much because supposedly i'm trying to focus on getting my GPA up, and talking to girls distracts me. She said okay then we won't talk, and I said alright. But it's a lie, I am a nice guy and do like talking to girls/classmates, i'm just depressed and just go to class without talking to any one, then leave without talking to anyone. MPB has ruined me socially, and I know it will ruin me even more.
        Don't let your mpb ruin your life. It sounds like this girl likes you so don't blow it.

Trust me, I have been there before. Many women really do not mind mpb but they do mind how you talk to them...something I am still trying to master.

good luck!

Comment

• DannyBoyy7
          • Sep 2012

I also have Alopecia Areata, really bad, like 8 spots all over my head so I have two types of hair loss to battle. Let me guess, you only have MPB? and I am NW4 at 24 years old. And yeah, girls still talk to me because I use Toppik, which barely covers my bald spots.

No i'm not going to get over it, I want to solve my problem, not get over it. And no i'm not going to stop being a *****, what ever that is. There are many dudes, but i'm not one of them, and neither is any one who bothered to even make an account on a hair loss website.

It was not nice at all, it just made me more upset at my situation. And why any one who is signing up to a hair loss website to tell others to "get over it" is beyond me. If I am not mistaken, you are thinking of getting SMP, newsflash, that is not getting over hair loss, that is being insecure about hair loss and not accepting it. So I mean, take your own advice before giving it to others. I mean this in the nicest way possible.

Clandestine, sorry to derail your thread.

I feel your pain but not everyone is here cause they are suffering like myself...im here kinda like how lets say a cancer patient who beats cancer but makes a book or creates a charity about cancer etc to try and help others and kinda says you are not alone...i also know someone with the bald patches on his head (no mpb) and even though he hates it he has had many girlfriends...there is always a way and i know you are not on about me but i thought i would just say.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

I am legitimately anti-social now, no thanks to MPB, and it has made me an asshole. Today, a female classmate, who I was classmate with before, was upset at me for not saying hi to her in the beginning of class. I didn't do it on purpose, I just didn't know if she wanted me to approach her and greet her, because she didn't even acknowledge me, so I thought "Well she wants nothing to do with me, of course, with my ugly head." despite last week her coming towards me to greet me. So at the end of class I tapped her shoulder and said bye, she didn't even look at me, and just faintly raised her hand to wave bye at me and just walked away.

Then I emailed her to ask her if she is upset at me, and she told me that I am rude for not approaching her to say hi, and she told me that I have changed, that I used be more friendly, and that I used to approach her to talk all the time, and it's true, she's right. But I didn't want to tell her that I am just depressed because of my hair loss. SO I lied to her and told her I just don't feel like talking to classmates too much because supposedly i'm trying to focus on getting my GPA up, and talking to girls distracts me. She said okay then we won't talk, and I said alright. But it's a lie, I am a nice guy and do like talking to girls/classmates, i'm just depressed and just go to class without talking to any one, then leave without talking to anyone. MPB has ruined me socially, and I know it will ruin me even more.
            Maybe that is why you are not getting laid.

Just came back from Italy, where men have great hair - my friend NW5, pulled twice.

I actually offered him some hair wax before we went out, he was like "I have no hair", went out pulled.

He generally doesn't take things seriously. He accepts he is bald, and not the best looking guy ever.

Comment

• BigThinker
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
              Maybe that is why you are not getting laid.

Just came back from Italy, where men have great hair - my friend NW5, pulled twice.

I actually offered him some hair wax before we went out, he was like "I have no hair", went out pulled.

He generally doesn't take things seriously. He accepts he is bald, and not the best looking guy ever.
              Jesus tapdancing christ. Were you just a voice of reason for once?

Comment

• Aeroes
                • Feb 2013

Yeah i feel for you bro, but these posts only promote low morale. Heads up, look at the positives, it's not a rare problem. You have a network of people to support with and theres people researching it. Pretty damn good scenario, there's people suffering some pretty terrible diseases and there so rare theres no funded research.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Aeroes
                  Yeah i feel for you bro, but these posts only promote low morale. Heads up, look at the positives, it's not a rare problem. You have a network of people to support with and theres people researching it. Pretty damn good scenario, there's people suffering some pretty terrible diseases and there so rare theres no funded research.
                  Many of these are less disfiguring than baldness. Also their rarity means sympathy for the sufferers while balding is a big joke to people who do not have it

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
                    Many of these are less disfiguring than baldness. Also their rarity means sympathy for the sufferers while balding is a big joke to people who do not have it
                    Hell yeah it is.

Comment

Working...