+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry.

Hybrid View

Yeah i feel for you bro, but these posts only promote low morale. Heads up, look at the positives, it's not a rare problem. You have a network of people to support with and theres people researching it. Pretty damn good scenario, there's people suffering some pretty terrible diseases and there so rare theres no funded research.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    Yeah i feel for you bro, but these posts only promote low morale. Heads up, look at the positives, it's not a rare problem. You have a network of people to support with and theres people researching it. Pretty damn good scenario, there's people suffering some pretty terrible diseases and there so rare theres no funded research.
    Many of these are less disfiguring than baldness. Also their rarity means sympathy for the sufferers while balding is a big joke to people who do not have it

This is just the beginning. I'm going to be a very angry bald guy. I was always friendly, like to joke, etc, but now I am not like that anymore, i'm very serious, because I am always thinking of my hair loss. It sucks. It more than sucks, i'd rather be dead then living like this, but i'll stay alive I don't know for what, I guess to see where I go after college. It's not like me, it's out of character and I know what the problem is, and i'm trying to do something about it, but can't even make a dent.

Are these posts off topic? If they are, i'm sorry.

Its not the end of the world.......

Your money situation may not be where you need it to be right now to get a transplant. You are in school so that situation should improve once you get your degree.

Having your appearance go to the crapper because of MPB sucks big time. Most of us have been there and can feel your pain. No motivational speeches in this post. I just don't have it in me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HairlossAt15 View Post
    Its not the end of the world.......
    The end of the world would be better than this life.

You're one of the ones who has his hair loss stabilized if I remember correctly. You're also a fairly young dude but not that young in that there are other dudes your age also balding. And it seems from a lot of your post that it's more about your worrying/anxiety about baldness than your actual physical state that is the problem for you (since girls still seem to talk to you fine). So as much as it sucks , I suggest you get over that, force yourself to be social and stop being a *****. There are many dudes who are able to get over baldness, and you doing everything you can for the moment, should rest easy.

I mean this in the nicest way possible of course. Hope you get through it man, hope we all do.

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    You're one of the ones who has his hair loss stabilized if I remember correctly. You're also a fairly young dude but not that young in that there are other dudes your age also balding. And it seems from a lot of your post that it's more about your worrying/anxiety about baldness than your actual physical state that is the problem for you (since girls still seem to talk to you fine). So as much as it sucks , I suggest you get over that, force yourself to be social and stop being a *****. There are many dudes who are able to get over baldness, and you doing everything you can for the moment, should rest easy.

I mean this in the nicest way possible of course. Hope you get through it man, hope we all do.
    I also have Alopecia Areata, really bad, like 8 spots all over my head so I have two types of hair loss to battle. Let me guess, you only have MPB? and I am NW4 at 24 years old. And yeah, girls still talk to me because I use Toppik, which barely covers my bald spots.

No i'm not going to get over it, I want to solve my problem, not get over it. And no i'm not going to stop being a *****, what ever that is. There are many dudes, but i'm not one of them, and neither is any one who bothered to even make an account on a hair loss website.

It was not nice at all, it just made me more upset at my situation. And why any one who is signing up to a hair loss website to tell others to "get over it" is beyond me. If I am not mistaken, you are thinking of getting SMP, newsflash, that is not getting over hair loss, that is being insecure about hair loss and not accepting it. So I mean, take your own advice before giving it to others. I mean this in the nicest way possible.

Clandestine, sorry to derail your thread.

No worries man we all need to vent; this is the section for it.