+ Reply to Thread

Default About to go for consultation(s) [PICS]

Hi Everyone,

I'm 31 Years old and have had my hair thinning for a good 9 years... I also have two crowns on the back of my head instead of one which meant once thinning started I had to deal with double of what it would've been if I only had 1 crown.

I used to shave my head but I hate doing that now and for a few years I've let my hair grow out pretty long, it was fine for a while but now I'm ready to step up and get some actual kind of surgery/treatment.

Dry/Uncombed

Wet/Combed (How I usually have it)

Parted to show balding more

Any recommendations or feedback appreciated... I'll be looking to do some consultations in LA next week because I'm going to LA anyway... unless there's a much better clinic somewhere else in the world I'm planning on having the procedure done in LA. I'm open to basically anything besides things like Rogaine that lower testosterone/sex drive...

I can also afford to spend upwards of 15-20 thousand though I'm not sure how much procedures cost exactly

I also have a ton of body hair and would consider using it as well, a lot of my body/arm hair almost looks like head hair...

Bro are you sure shaving is not an option? Ht is a big step. My uncle did it and he looks good, like he doesn't have mpb to the untrained eye, but he wishes he had just shaved his head. It's a big burden.

Go back to shaving . It will look much better IMO

I would tell you to just shave, but it is your hair and you need to do what makes you feel better about yourself. If you are leaning toward a transplant, then I think you are doing the right thing by going for a consultation. Maybe some people around here can recommend a couple of Dr's? For a hair transplant procedure you definitely want to find somebody that is good/well established.

I haven't considered a transplant so I don't have more to offer unfortunately. Good luck with your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Bro are you sure shaving is not an option? Ht is a big step. My uncle did it and he looks good, like he doesn't have mpb to the untrained eye, but he wishes he had just shaved his head. It's a big burden.
    Why is it a burden? Can you please elaborate? If it looks good, I'm wondering why he wished he had just shaved his head and what the burden is exactly...

I prefer my hair how it is now to shaving... I was shaving for a few years and became lazy for a few months and just let the hair grow... If for some reason a transplant was not an option, I would likely keep my hair the way it is at least for a few more years, and at least in this part of the world (Not Canada or States).

If a transplant will look good, unless there's underlying issues I'm missing, that's what I'm looking to go for. Shaving is fine, but I'd actually keep my hair like this to shaving...

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    Why is it a burden? Can you please elaborate? If it looks good, I'm wondering why he wished he had just shaved his head and what the burden is exactly...
    You will never get the density you had when you were younger
    It will be sparse and thin looking
    Every morning you will have to wake up , wash and style it .
    It 's just a complete pain in the ass,

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    . Shaving is fine, but I'd actually keep my hair like this to shaving...
    May I ask why ?

If you have the donor, a hair transplant in your case could work out. Your hair is already extremely thin, so even if you achieve 50% of your original density you will have far more coverage than you have now.

On the other hand, if you are comfortable with shaving your head, that is always the best option since you won't have to go through the surgery, the possible complications or the expense, but if you prefer to keep your hair the way it is in these pice, adding 4000 grafts or so to the front and mid scalp could give you the look of much more density and make a big difference.