+ Reply to Thread

Default Losing hair on the side of head

Hairline is pretty good. Better than most peoples my age actually (23) and hasn't moved since 2008

However the side up there concerns me. I'm not sure how long its been like that since I would need to use 2 mirrors to get that view, but it looks bad.

What would cause that? I thought MPB doesn't effect the sides of the head? Notice how even my sideburn is thinning? I thought that was a different type of hair than scalp and isnt effected at all by MPB.

Are you sure it hasn't always been that way?

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticyouth View Post
    Are you sure it hasn't always been that way?
    While I'm not 100% I know it hasn't been this bad before because I know my side burns were thicker. Now was it ever "normal"? Not sure. But I do believe it was better than this. When did this change happen? Also have no idea because my hair on the sides is usually a #2 which makes it hard to tell.

Personally I thought the fact you burned your scalp past summer and the fact you claimed you could see your scalp was a bit suspicious (even though it looked fine on other pictures than the burned one).

But your hairline, your sideburns, the hair on the back of your ear, the top... right now you just seem almost desperately looking for anything that could tie you to baldness.

Seriously man, your hairline is fine, sideburns and the back of your ear are no trademark spots for mpb or even diffuse thinning (which can take on the weirdest patterns). If the top is fine, stop worrying about it for Christ sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Personally I thought the fact you burned your scalp past summer and the fact you claimed you could see your scalp was a bit suspicious (even though it looked fine on other pictures than the burned one).

But your hairline, your sideburns, the hair on the back of your ear, the top... right now you just seem almost desperately looking for anything that could tie you to baldness.

Seriously man, your hairline is fine, sideburns and the back of your ear are no trademark spots for mpb or even diffuse thinning (which can take on the weirdest patterns). If the top is fine, stop worrying about it for Christ sake.
    I agree it's not bad, but I'm trying to prevent it from getting bad. So you don't think the side is even MPB?

The side could be anything from medication, nature, a bad haircut to alien abduction but I've never heard about a case of mpb where a guy gets bald behind the ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    The side could be anything from medication, nature, a bad haircut to alien abduction but I've never heard about a case of mpb where a guy gets bald behind the ear.
    Neckline recession is common though.