+ Reply to Thread

Default Started Fin, one month in and feeling okay! Pics etc.

Hi there, Just been 1 month on fin. Pleased to say that the itching has stopped, which in itself is a godsend. I have experienced a few alarming sheds, and still get 20-30 hairs in the bathtub after each soak. No hairs on the pillow, but it keeps coming out if i run my fingers thru my hair, which i must say is more of an obsessive compulsion more than anything. Perhaps the friction is weakening it, i really must stop doing that. I noticed a few days in that my balls started to ache which at first was a bit alarming, it really drives home the fact that your shrinking your prostate! Yikes!
    I noticed a surge in libido, and felt the need to test out my functions a couple of times a day the first few weeks so that i could allay the fears that it was ruining my erections haha. After 3 weeks, Then i noticed a slump in my libido. Being prone to panic as i am; i chalked this up to fin and seriously thought about stopping. But then i realised that it was down mainly to the fact that i'd worn myself out . Few days and back to it, I will not be worried about this, i think the psychological worry is more dangerous than fin to your libido. if you worry about it, it will 'happen'! So my advice is to anyone in my situation, just try it, you will notice the hair stops falling so much fairly early on, i am of course optimistic about the next few months.

Another thing. I put some pictures below, the first lot are taken about 2 months before starting fin, and the last load today- 1 month after fin and moderate shed, just wanted your opinion firstly on w

1- what norwood am I ??- i find it difficult to judge it myself.

2-I do feel the density has dropped, but i'll put that down to the shed. Am i right to hold out hope that the hair will return a bit thicker?

3 do you think i'd be a candidate for a hair transplant? also, how much ground have i lost since the before and after pics?

4.Would minox be worth it? I hear it's messy and laborious

(I have very minimal crown loss, though it looks more like a cowlick, as you can see it's quite thick)

Thanks guys!
    Before

After

before

after

before

after

back

flattened down/pushed forward

Your front looks fine- at worse you have a mature hairline. I can't tell about the back ..your hair looks long and I can't see anything.

If you are sure you are losing hair best advise to keep taking pics every few months and just wait it out. Propecia can take a long time to work for some people- it took me about 9 months before I saw it working in the back.

your sides you mentioned are normal and as you found, go away. Several of us started on propecia (or in my case started back) a couple of months ago and went through the same thing. Just stay on it and give it time.

If you are losing hair, you caught it quick which is good as all these drugs seem better for keeping your hair rather than growing it back. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Your front looks fine- at worse you have a mature hairline. I can't tell about the back ..your hair looks long and I can't see anything.

If you are sure you are losing hair best advise to keep taking pics every few months and just wait it out. Propecia can take a long time to work for some people- it took me about 9 months before I saw it working in the back.

your sides you mentioned are normal and as you found, go away. Several of us started on propecia (or in my case started back) a couple of months ago and went through the same thing. Just stay on it and give it time.

If you are losing hair, you caught it quick which is good as all these drugs seem better for keeping your hair rather than growing it back. Good luck.
    +1 to all of this.

Hard to prescribe a NW-grade to your hair; it looks predominately diffuse and only mildly so.

Just stay on the fin and be patient.

Thanks for the replies guys, i will of course post with updates. I think it's important to contribute any positive propecia exp. so that it may counter balance all the nightmarish stuff that is so prevalent on these forums; providing people with a better picture.

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, i will of course post with updates. I think it's important to contribute any positive propecia exp. so that it may counter balance all the nightmarish stuff that is so prevalent on these forums; providing people with a better picture.
    Are you taking 1mg a day?

And yes keep posting updates your hair looks a lot like mine (but longer) so I want to see how fin works out for you!

I am cutting proscar into 1/4's so, 1.25 per day, but skipping a day.I'm no chemist but i can guess one would say that'll do the trick well enough.

I am cutting proscar into 1/4's so, 1.25 per day, but skipping a day.I'm no chemist but i can guess one would say that'll do the trick well enough.
    Ok man good luck.

We need more of this. These forums are flooded with fin horror stories. Even people who have never even touched fin have a story to tell about how bad it is.