+ Reply to Thread

Default Achieving a very thin strip scar

This is more of a question as it may have been thought of before. If one were to view the scarring from some of my ill advised procedures of long ago something clearly stands out. This would be the difference in the strip scars and the hairlift scar. The strip scars were under a great deal of tension while the hairlift scar on the temple and across the top of my head was under very little tension. The result is clear in the photos posted below.

With that being said would it not be a better idea to go into the strip area and detach the skin from the scalp with a laproscope or a cannula type device thus relieving all the tension before excising the strip? Perhaps this would just become too complicated but I was curious as why we don’t see it being performed.

Another observation I have made over the years is that the tension on the back of the head seems to be greatly affected by bodyweight and the development of the trapezius muscle. Less weight and development, less tension. My weight fluctuates from about 160-215 depending on which weight class I enter in competitive sports. At the moment my weight is on the very low end and the tension is practically zero. Do clinics advise patients to lose weight before the procedure if the case calls for it.

BTW I ask this question regarding this strip idea not for myself as I’m probably too far gone and it’s really not that much of an issue for me, concealer takes care of it very nicely. Take note here guys that whine about a few hairs that are not quite right……..get over it and stop obsessing about something that absolutely does not matter. My question is mostly in hopes of maybe helping some of these younger guys who are not too far gone.