+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I was 16 (nearly 17) when i first noticed something wasnt right i was getting my hair cut i couldnt put my finger on what was wrong though so i quickly ignored it it wasnt until i got my haircut again i started to realize that my hair was thinning (at the front not the hairline though)...i was still at school at this point but it was my last year and i was doing my GCSE tests so i got away with not going through school with obvious remarks i would of been getting (i was still bullied though but the things i was bullied for was nothing compared to what could of been)

I am now 21 and im not sure what NW i am all i know is the front is pretty much gone and the back is starting to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Year ago. July '12. noticed corners of hair line were a little deep and I was shedding way more hair than I could ever remember.

Starting really getting worried Oct '12.

Doctors appointments and forum scrounging until starting treatment Feb' 13.

So much wasted time.
    Why not just get a HT to fill in the corners?

You'd be a NW 1.5 in no time

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    I was 16 (nearly 17) when i first noticed something wasnt right i was getting my hair cut i couldnt put my finger on what was wrong though so i quickly ignored it it wasnt until i got my haircut again i started to realize that my hair was thinning (at the front not the hairline though)...i was still at school at this point but it was my last year and i was doing my GCSE tests so i got away with not going through school with obvious remarks i would of been getting (i was still bullied though but the things i was bullied for was nothing compared to what could of been)

I am now 21 and im not sure what NW i am all i know is the front is pretty much gone and the back is starting to go.
    Wow man, realising you're going bald when you were doing your GCSE's... that's pretty young.

I'm lucky to not have noticed or have it bother me until I was atleast 23.

Just remember though, there's so much more to life than hair, I think hair loss actually motivated me to better myself in other aspects of my life, career, money living standards etc... some people however can react differently, I've heard of guys just becoming complete recluses.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Wow man, realising you're going bald when you were doing your GCSE's... that's pretty young.

I'm lucky to not have noticed or have it bother me until I was atleast 23.

Just remember though, there's so much more to life than hair, I think hair loss actually motivated me to better myself in other aspects of my life, career, money living standards etc... some people however can react differently, I've heard of guys just becoming complete recluses.

Yeah it was tough as you could imagine but like what you said it actually helped me in other aspects of life made me stronger in a way like these days sure i wish i wasnt losing it obviously but it dont bother me at all now...all i was afraid of was being judged dissed etc more than actually being bald (always known a bald/balding person growing up so i had nothing against it i was used to it) in the end i got over my fear cause like it or not and hair or not there is tossers everywhere and like i said i was bullied so i was used to being judged anyway.

Funny enough though no one has dissed me only people who joke about it is people i know they know i dont mind it (otherwise they wouldnt do it i like it this way anyway) i do it back to them also pretty much banter.

At age 20, in my second year of colleges. It was 2009 when I looked in the mirror and saw hair thinning in my crown.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    Yeah it was tough as you could imagine but like what you said it actually helped me in other aspects of life made me stronger in a way like these days sure i wish i wasnt losing it obviously but it dont bother me at all now...all i was afraid of was being judged dissed etc more than actually being bald (always known a bald/balding person growing up so i had nothing against it i was used to it) in the end i got over my fear cause like it or not and hair or not there is tossers everywhere and like i said i was bullied so i was used to being judged anyway.

Funny enough though no one has dissed me only people who joke about it is people i know they know i dont mind it (otherwise they wouldnt do it i like it this way anyway) i do it back to them also pretty much banter.
    I'm pretty much the same, I'm only on this site really because I'd rather be without baldness than with it if you get my drift? I'd also admit to being somewhat addicted to following the development of current treatments (Histogen,Replicel,CB etc). But I'm grateful I never had hair loss until my early 20's... its good to hear you were able to turn a negative into a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I'm pretty much the same, I'm only on this site really because I'd rather be without baldness than with it if you get my drift? I'd also admit to being somewhat addicted to following the development of current treatments (Histogen,Replicel,CB etc). But I'm grateful I never had hair loss until my early 20's... its good to hear you were able to turn a negative into a positive.

Yeah thankfully i turned things around at 18 for the reasons i stated above...for me it was pointless worrying also cause well worrying not gonna bring it back is it? but obviously easier said than done...my hair didnt really get to bad until i was about 19/20 anyway it was getting noticeable at 18 but it was just thinning if you know what i mean and it receded at bit...at 19/20 it was worse as in my hairline turned into a "island" like shape...i didnt mind the thought of being bald in my 20s as long as i got through my teens with hair or enough at least.

And yeah i get your drift i mainly came on here to help others really in the best i could not to say dont get hair transplants etc not my place to say that but just encouragement etc.