+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Hi, I'm new to all of this. I decided to join after just googling random hair questions and bald truth always coming up. I decided to join when I realized I have a rare but horrible situation. So imheading for a Norwood 6 and I've already had like 5 procedures. Um, all strip, didn't know there was anything else. Jeez not quite there but soon will need roconstuction work for the strip surgery. Didn't know due existed til resently. Was on tour and was so worried about hair loss I stayed away from facts��

Default Norwood 6

Hi, I'm new to all of this. I decided to join after just googling random hair questions and bald truth always coming up. I decided to join when I realized I have a rare but horrible situation. So imheading for a Norwood 6 and I've already had like 5 procedures. Um, all strip, didn't know there was anything else. Jeez not quite there but soon will need roconstuction work for the strip surgery. Didn't know due existed til resently. Was on tour and was so worried about hair loss I stayed away from facts😒

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Intoodepp--HELLO THERE my friend !!
    Yes, the BaldTruthTalk forum(created by Spencer Kobren) is the BEST forum to be at if you want to learn more about hairloss treatments/plans and realistic expectations!!
    Stick around here bro!! There are a good portion of members like myself that are here to HELP.....
    By the way, What country are you from/living at?
    Also what age are you now? That is important info as well.

I saw your thread this morning on my smartphones email.
    Now I am on my computer but
    I must get ready for work right now, lets have a CONVERSATION soon.
    I want to try and give you good commonsense advice if I can!!
    Ive got some cool info' to talk with you ,and others, about.

Thank you for replying artistas. I've read a lot of your posts. You are always positive and helpful. I'm 29 and from the u.s. I started balding at age 17 and freaked out like the normal cliche thing to do at that age. I fell for the Bosleycommercials as a desperate teen and now am stuck with minoxidil and concealers. Like I said, was on tour and was just in denial longer than I should have been. I have thick dense and curly characteristics, so I've been getting away with balding longer than expected. I read that's what you've been looking for so even though I made wrong decisions I added myself here just to help with my poor decisions. Plz be patient with me working up to post pics. To be honest, I'm still a bit superficial about it all and it doesn't even look that bad now. Just when you know it's heading there soon. I understand the views of yeahyeahyeah but do not want to sound like that and understand realistic expectations.

Plz reply people's. Support is needed

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello Intoodepp!!
    Sorry by I'm at work right now. I WILL respond tomorrow morning. Cheers

Default FUT v FUE and NW 6

First, great thread. Second, I think NW6 can certainly have good outcomes but, as I have said elsewhere, it is all about expectations. If you are NW5 or NW6, full coverage is extremely tough to achieve unless you have ideal hair characteristics, which most people do not have. If you have advanced hair loss, a mature hairline in the front and top coverage are very reasonable expectations, with little to no work done in the crown in many/most cases. Will you look like you are 18 again? No. Will you have a good cosmetic outcome that is better than slick baldness? Yes.

Also, I noted that a few pages back this conversation veered into the argument about FUT vs FUE. It makes me nuts to see this "debate" raging endlessly on this and other boards. People have so many motivations in this debate it clouds their judgment. Patients want to defend what they had done to validate their decision making and doctors want to defend what they do as it is their reputation and income on the line. IMHO, both are good techniques and have pros and cons. I really think that some people are better candidates for one surgery or the other. No reason not to have FUT in 2015 if you are a better FUT candidate. No reason not to have FUE in 2015 if it works better for you. Both operations leave scars and have pros and cons.

I will have to agree that both procedures have their place, I am a norwood 6 and have had two transplants very happy with the outcome, managing expectations is just as important as managing your donor supply, in the beginning there seemed to be some discussion about illusion of coverage and illusion of density, coverage is coverage which means any area void of any hair that has grafts placed in to it will have coverage, now the illusion of density is created when those follicles overlap each other and this gives visual density, however if the hair were to be shaved the density would be diminished elimination the "illusion".

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    I will have to agree that both procedures have their place, I am a norwood 6 and have had two transplants very happy with the outcome, managing expectations is just as important as managing your donor supply, in the beginning there seemed to be some discussion about illusion of coverage and illusion of density, coverage is coverage which means any area void of any hair that has grafts placed in to it will have coverage, now the illusion of density is created when those follicles overlap each other and this gives visual density, however if the hair were to be shaved the density would be diminished elimination the "illusion".
    do you have to take pills to keep the hair?? how do i know if my donor hair is resistant or not?

Default norwood 6 with 2 FUE HTs

Hi. I was a 51 yr old Norwood 6 that buzzed my hair for 10+ yrs. Started balding in early 20's and was at Norwood 5 by age 30 (basically no hair in front 1/3).
    Had a 2000 graft FUE covering the front to mid area 2 years ago. Coverage was at ~20 FU/cm2. It did its job of framing my face, but looked "off" bc there was too much bald area to the top of my head. I had the second HT 10 month later of 2000 graft FUE again at ~20 FU/cm2 up to top of head. There were some extras (~200 FU) that I had the Dr implant to the front were it was the lightest densities.
    Result is a framed face, but "see through" density at the front and top. the crown still has a bald circular spot of ~64 cm2.
    This looks OK and way better than being completely bald. If I use Dermatch and sprinkle on a little Toppix it actually looks like I have pretty decent hair, very age appropriate. But it is kind of a pain in the ass having to do this all the time.
    I will have a third HT and have been told I have ~2000 grafts in my donor area. I plan on adding 10 FU/cm2 to the front up and the top to give a density of 30 FU/cm2. This is ~150 cm2 so it will need 1500 FU's. I'm "on the fence" about using the other 500FU in the crown at ~10 FU/cm2 or just using them in the front for higher density up front. I think putting them in the bald spot will help with holding the concealer and Toppix for when I want to use them to fool people into thinking I have more hair than I do.
    I will post pics so Norwood 6's can know what to expect for results. Like a previous poster said, you need 8000 for a decent result. I only have 6000 on my head so I'm going to be lighter density or have the bald spot on my crown. Or use beard or body hair, which is $'s I may not want to spend.
    FYI: Cost was ~$7500 per HT, so $15k so far, soon to be $21.5k.