+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    On average a patient has between 5000 and 7000 follicular units available for transplant to the top. When this person was a teenager, he may have had 25,000 follicular units on top.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    I presume you mean 5000-7000 via FUE. I've heard from multiple surgeons that 8000-9000 are available via FUT.

Lets be honest anyone who gets an FUT nowadays is a certified bozo...

I'm getting my first FUE in 5 months but it's because I want to be able to buzz my hair, and because I have the money for it, oh and I almost forgot, I don't want an ugly ass scar at the back of my head.

But I understand why people would opt for FUT if they're short on money and if they're are absolutely sure they will not be forced to shave their head in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I'm getting my first FUE in 5 months but it's because I want to be able to buzz my hair, and because I have the money for it, oh and I almost forgot, I don't want an ugly ass scar at the back of my head.

But I understand why people would opt for FUT if they're short on money and if they're are absolutely sure they will not be forced to shave their head in the future.
    FUE is a no brainer really, a linear scar will only cause you to get FUE in the future to cover it up when you decide you want to shave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Lets be honest anyone who gets an FUT nowadays is a certified bozo...
    That is not true. Both FUE and FUT each have their place. For some people FUT is the better option. There are more factors involved than you realize.

I have to say that Dr. Cole is making himself look not so great. There is no question that FUT or "strip" is a great option for so many people and H&W present the best results on the internet. Dr. Cole's post here looks extremely self serving. Anyone who believes that FUT is outdated in anyway does not understand hair transplantation. I'm totally turned off to Cole by this!

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I have to say that Dr. Cole is making himself look not so great. There is no question that FUT or "strip" is a great option for so many people and H&W present the best results on the internet. Dr. Cole's post here looks extremely self serving. Anyone who believes that FUT is outdated in anyway does not understand hair transplantation. I'm totally turned off to Cole by this!
    I'm torn on this, Spencer himself discourages young transplant patients from getting FUT (he says that FUT people should wait until they are at least 35 so they know what hairstyles they will want be happy with for the rest of their lives). But there's no doubt that FUT is cheaper, allows for larger sessions, and has a higher yield.

On the whole Norwood 6 question, Joe (bless him) has been very honest in the past when he has said that his result (and presumably Bobman's result) is not typical and that high norwood patients cannot go into the HT process expecting to have the same result. I suppose that's where it becomes important to talk to your surgeon to get a good idea of what (and isn't) possible FOR YOU.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Quote Originally Posted by newstart View Post
    I was a NW6, I had my session with Dr. Wong on June 6th 2013. 4500 Grafts.
    I'm just shy of 3 months & so far so Good.
    Hi Newstart, Once again, Thank you for commenting!
    Please stick with this thread as your HT progresses and good luck to you.

I believe Dr Cole is a talented surgeon and he is one of several whom have helped propel the field forward enabling it to make great strides in recent times.

However, I feel these regular outbursts are completely unprofessional and should not be coming from someone in his high position in the industry.

I have a huge amount of respect for Joetronic. He is an exceptionally knowledgeable, honest and a transparent guy who gives great advice. I do find it hard to criticise H & W when they are the only clinic that has hundreds of before and after photos & videos in HD which NO other clinic does.

Regarding the two procedures, they both have their positive & negative components and hence why they both have a place in the industry as every patient's situation is unique. A good surgeon that performs both procedures will confirm that.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That is not true. Both FUE and FUT each have their place. For some people FUT is the better option. There are more factors involved than you realize.
    Tracy is very much correct.

So is Chrisdav, Thanks Chrisdav Your using nothing but logic !