+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

If they still did not show any sign of thinning after now 7 years of DPA, I don't think they will change. My father still has his sides high too.

Yes, 150 cm² of baldness area.

Best of luck to you. I consulted with Bisanga too, and he proposed a very conservative hairline (NW3 hairline). I am going to hold off for 3-5 years and reevaluate as I am headed towards a NW6 within a few years. Just like you, however, I have blonde hair.

I bet you were able to hide the baldness for a long time though, as my blonde hair and low scalp contrast allowed me to hide it very effectively for years. I am now almost 29 and a diffused NW5 going in 6.

True! Some people still question the fact I'm balding because of the low contrast between my hair and scalp, and also because they always see me with a shaved head. All that helped me to hold off the surgery.

Thank you for the support . You're lucky, Bisanga didn't even proposed that to me, he just said I wasn't a candidate. But I don't think he has the same approach as De Reys. He demands that his patients take finasteride, and I just can't take it because I already underwent gyno surgery.

Wish there were more cases of Norwood 6s with photos, the ones with outstanding hair characteristics.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Well, this is it. I've done it. Here's the link to the topic about my recent FUE:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16218

I'd like to thank to the people in this thread for their precious advices .

Fred, congratulations on having your first hair transplant.

Did Dr. Bisanga reject you because you only wished to have FUE? Or was it because of your young age and/or donor density?

Thank you delancey .

Young age, still had some hair at the top (wasn't the case anymore when I went to De Reys a year later as you can see on the before picture) so Bisanga could not draw a "beautiful hair line" like he said.

Also, I didn't want to be on propecia because I was gyno prone, and he sort of demands that his patients are on it. And of course, because of my young age and advanced balding, he thought I would eventually become NW9000, even though my relatives are all stuck at NW5 going on 6.

My donor density was very good in fact, De Reys was impressed by how much he could extract and by the quality of the grafts. Bisanga told me I wouldn't be able to have 2000 grafts extracted. And here I am, with about 1500 grafts sill available for harvest after a 2000 grafts procedure.

I respect Bisanga's choice not to operate on me. It's just so depressing to be told: "Nothing can be done, just live with it." Isn't that the most horrible thing to hear when you're a bald 24 year old?

Thank you for sharing Fred!

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi Fred, I just saw your 'after' image !
    I am very HAPPY for you bro!!
    I have no doubts that you shall be a SATISFIED young man!
    Thank you for sharing your ongoing experiences here Fred.
    Cant wait to see your scalp in approx 6 months from now.
    Wow !

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Thank you delancey .

Young age, still had some hair at the top (wasn't the case anymore when I went to De Reys a year later as you can see on the before picture) so Bisanga could not draw a "beautiful hair line" like he said.

Also, I didn't want to be on propecia because I was gyno prone, and he sort of demands that his patients are on it. And of course, because of my young age and advanced balding, he thought I would eventually become NW9000, even though my relatives are all stuck at NW5 going on 6.

My donor density was very good in fact, De Reys was impressed by how much he could extract and by the quality of the grafts. Bisanga told me I wouldn't be able to have 2000 grafts extracted. And here I am, with about 1500 grafts sill available for harvest after a 2000 grafts procedure.

I respect Bisanga's choice not to operate on me. It's just so depressing to be told: "Nothing can be done, just live with it." Isn't that the most horrible thing to hear when you're a bald 24 year old?

In 2011, aged 23 I went all the way to brussels to consult Dr Bisanga and I got the same reply. Those words are still echoing in my mind. I too respect his decision.

I took a different approach from you and tried to shave it off thinking I could live with it. Yet here I am reading this forum, trying to see what can be achieved. Despite all this I still can't decide if I should take the plunge or not.