+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    No one's ever complimented my hair, and I had great hair.

Who would compliment someone's hair seriously?

I'm sorry yeahyeahyeah, but we're all sure you don't have any hair loss.

Average people don't notice the difference between NW1 and NW2, even NW3.

You should seek help. You may have your place here, but certainly not in the hair transplant section.
    He's a crazy person. The fact that he has also had multiple other cosmetic procedures, plus he has a perfect head of hair that is "ruining his life" only cements the fact that he has mental problems. He can say whatever he wants to try and justify his psychosis, but the mere fact that someone with his loss at his age even knows this forum exists, let alone is one of the most over-dramatic active members, only proves he is completely detached from reality.

(Cue all the other NW 1/2 members who are in the same boat and wasting their life being concerned with their non-existent hairloss coming to yeahyeahyeah's defense....)

I also think you look remarkably different with a very nice result garageland.

Any pics of the top view and crown?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hi Gillenator,

Thanks for the comment I put the two photos up to emphasize how important framing of the face on a Norwood 6 is. The photo on the left is what I would look like today if I had no surgery as I mentioned in the post I made the photo as you can see I am wearing the same clothes in the before and after. All my photos and story have been posted on here and my updates from my latest surgery can be found here

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14947

I had 3 mini and micro graft procedures all around 400-500 grafts in the mid 90's so which gave me some coverage but it was very unnatural and sparse and left me with 3 separate scars. This was me in 2006 before my first session with Dr Hasson.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Garageland's words-

"Norwood 6 patients look much better with a hairline that frames the face rather than slick bald this is a fact and only when you are a Norwood 6 (or heading that way) can you understand and appreciate that.

Guys who are banging on about Norwood 6's not getting surgery because they can't get full coverage and what they would consider good density just don't understand.
    Now I am not saying all 6's should have surgery because the plain fact is that many do not have the donor hair to get enough grafts to make it worthwhile but if you have good donor density, good hair characteristics like coarse wavy hair and good laxity if going for strip then a decent improvement can be made with one but ideally two transplants".

Garageland thank you for contributing to this discussion and sharing your personal experiences!
    I especially liked your thread :
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14947

You had great HT experiences and end results!
    I would also emphasize that you are not one of a very 'rare' or very small % of men who were 'lucky' to have had great results.
    As you reiterated, it is all a matter of donor availability AND where one would go to to have consultation and surgery.

Thanks again Garageland - Cheers!

One more thing,having REALISTIC GOALS is IMPERATIVE l

It would be great to hear from more hair loss members who have had a HT(s) done.
    Reading your experiences, positive or negative, would be so very helpful for members who have been considering hair transplant surgery, major or minor.
    Thanks all.

Default Thank you Artista

Couldn't agree more with your post, I was not lucky, in fact I was unlucky to be cursed at such a young age but I had good characteristics and choose my repair wisely.

garageland,

I know exactly what you mean as I had the minis and micros in my first HT procedure in 1996. But it freed me from wearing those dreadful hair systems with Hair Club.

But having the procedure with H&W established the artistic quality and today no one would know that you had the micros and minis.

Are you going to have another pass for density? Just curious...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hi Gillenator,

Thanks for your interest in my case, do you mean another pass after the one I had 3.5 months ago?

No I am done now after 5 transplants and a scar revision, I have noticed that there is an improvement in my front at this stage already so I am looking forward to seeing the results in another 6 months. SMP has worked well in giving the appearance of density into the crown so I will have another pass of that later this year.

I have seen you many posts offering good advice over the years but can't recall seeing any photos of what your hair looks like today, do you have any to share?

I'm amazed that patients like garageland can have the luxury of being repaired successfully after not one, but three failed transplants and I'm being told I'll never be a HT candidate even if I start from scratch with an IAHRS surgeon. I don't get it, Bisanga turned me down and another clinic in Belgium told me to get a wig. This is so depressing.

Thumbs up

Fred, Im so sorry to hear that.
    Do whatever it is that you can to overcome this!
    Your overall health and happiness is much much more important than the volume of hair on your head.
    I speak from experience!
    Fred, I feel that there will be something available, i.e. a BETTER treatment, for us all. If not this- next year.
    Not to put all 'hope' on Pilofocus but Dr Wesley IS a good man of INTEGRITY.
    He is in the middle of something that I was entirely IMPRESSED with,,so was Spencer Kobren.
    As you may know, I will be a member of Dr Wesley's next phase testing sometime this year. The instrumentation that he has created and enhanced is being improved upon.
    Fred HANG IN THERE Bro! We should all be here for each other for the moral support that each of us so needs.
    Dr Wesley's need method is not the only thing that is coming our way either!!
    Try to not allow hair loss to completely trample your day to day existence.
    Once we all just FOCUS 100% of the time on personal HAPPINESS and our HEALTH (not spend so much time on here or other HL forums for example)
    A BETTER treatment WILL sneak up on us. Life's wisdom have proven that to be factual. I will be updating everyone on my progress once its all underway..CHEERS all