+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Diffuse thinner here. It was definitely pretty aggressive before meds. I did experience a bit of recession/crown thinning so diffuse thinners definitely can still follow the male pattern (PURE diffuse thinners are rare, ie NW1's with diffusion). My crown is pretty solid now but my hairline is like NW2 on one side, 1.5 on the other

I do not think diffuse is necessarily worse or better to have than the usual pattern. The key is to GET ON MEDS ASAP. In general we diffusers respond well to meds. My thinning reversed surprisingly well on fin+keto & literally this is the only reason I resumed living like a normal person
    Am still considering transplantation to get the temple points solid & the hairline corners even (both should be NW1.5 at least). Wonder if I should try low dose spiro to see if I make any progress in those areas

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Diffuse thinner here. It was definitely pretty aggressive before meds. I did experience a bit of recession/crown thinning so diffuse thinners definitely can still follow the male pattern (PURE diffuse thinners are rare, ie NW1's with diffusion). My crown is pretty solid now but my hairline is like NW2 on one side, 1.5 on the other

I do not think diffuse is necessarily worse or better to have than the usual pattern. The key is to GET ON MEDS ASAP. In general we diffusers respond well to meds. My thinning reversed surprisingly well on fin+keto & literally this is the only reason I resumed living like a normal person
    Am still considering transplantation to get the temple points solid & the hairline corners even (both should be NW1.5 at least). Wonder if I should try low dose spiro to see if I make any progress in those areas
    Mine started just in the hairline but now it's went into diffuse mode, or it just wasn't noticeable diffusion early and it's hit a certain threshold.

Fin at 6 months hasn't really done much that I can tell and at 1 month on minox I'm going through an insane shed.

yeah pure diffuse thinners are rare imo, i have receding hairline and a diffuse thinning at the same time, on top of that i have asymmetric receding

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Personally I never experienced any recession. My thinning started at one side of my head and slowly expanded to the other side and eventually all over. I started noticing at about 22-23 when I combed my wet hair that the 'bottom hair' beneath the rest of hair was a lot thinner or even not there But because it wasn't noticeable when the hair was dry (and combed the right way), I never heard about that kind of baldness, and I was only in my mid 20's that I didn't worry about it and it kind sneaked up on me.

It wasn't until a few years later when that area became a bald spot, that I knew I was ****ed. I think therein lies the biggest danger for diffuse thinners. Because it often does not follow a conventional pattern it's rather hard to spot.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7527

http://i39.tinypic.com/35hgxuc.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Personally I never experienced any recession. My thinning started at one side of my head and slowly expanded to the other side and eventually all over. I started noticing at about 22-23 when I combed my wet hair that the 'bottom hair' beneath the rest of hair was a lot thinner or even not there But because it wasn't noticeable when the hair was dry (and combed the right way), I never heard about that kind of baldness, and I was only in my mid 20's that I didn't worry about it and it kind sneaked up on me.

It wasn't until a few years later when that area became a bald spot, that I knew I was ****ed. I think therein lies the biggest danger for diffuse thinners. Because it often does not follow a conventional pattern it's rather hard to spot.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7527

http://i39.tinypic.com/35hgxuc.jpg
    Your 2012 February pics.....wow, you were not kidding. That is a very interesting pattern. At least you have your facial frame intact though.

I agree, diffuse thinning is deadly like an assassin. It sneaks up on you & you do not even realize it is happening until long after the best time to start meds

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Mine started just in the hairline but now it's went into diffuse mode, or it just wasn't noticeable diffusion early and it's hit a certain threshold.

Fin at 6 months hasn't really done much that I can tell and at 1 month on minox I'm going through an insane shed.
    Yes most people have a combo of the typical male pattern and diffusion. It can be hard to say what starts 1st.

I think around month 6 I was pretty much done losing hair from fin (not exactly sure). The timing on that is different for everyone. Peak results were around month 15-16ish

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

When the diffuse thinning includes the sides and donor area there is a serious concern about this patient being a poor candidate for hair restoration surgery.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile