+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Diffuse thinner here. It was definitely pretty aggressive before meds. I did experience a bit of recession/crown thinning so diffuse thinners definitely can still follow the male pattern (PURE diffuse thinners are rare, ie NW1's with diffusion). My crown is pretty solid now but my hairline is like NW2 on one side, 1.5 on the other

    I do not think diffuse is necessarily worse or better to have than the usual pattern. The key is to GET ON MEDS ASAP. In general we diffusers respond well to meds. My thinning reversed surprisingly well on fin+keto & literally this is the only reason I resumed living like a normal person
    Am still considering transplantation to get the temple points solid & the hairline corners even (both should be NW1.5 at least). Wonder if I should try low dose spiro to see if I make any progress in those areas

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Diffuse thinner here. It was definitely pretty aggressive before meds. I did experience a bit of recession/crown thinning so diffuse thinners definitely can still follow the male pattern (PURE diffuse thinners are rare, ie NW1's with diffusion). My crown is pretty solid now but my hairline is like NW2 on one side, 1.5 on the other

    I do not think diffuse is necessarily worse or better to have than the usual pattern. The key is to GET ON MEDS ASAP. In general we diffusers respond well to meds. My thinning reversed surprisingly well on fin+keto & literally this is the only reason I resumed living like a normal person
    Am still considering transplantation to get the temple points solid & the hairline corners even (both should be NW1.5 at least). Wonder if I should try low dose spiro to see if I make any progress in those areas
    Mine started just in the hairline but now it's went into diffuse mode, or it just wasn't noticeable diffusion early and it's hit a certain threshold.

    Fin at 6 months hasn't really done much that I can tell and at 1 month on minox I'm going through an insane shed.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Country of Frog Eater
    Posts
    36

    Default

    yeah pure diffuse thinners are rare imo, i have receding hairline and a diffuse thinning at the same time, on top of that i have asymmetric receding

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Diffuse thinner here. It was definitely pretty aggressive before meds. I did experience a bit of recession/crown thinning so diffuse thinners definitely can still follow the male pattern (PURE diffuse thinners are rare, ie NW1's with diffusion). My crown is pretty solid now but my hairline is like NW2 on one side, 1.5 on the other
    Personally I never experienced any recession. My thinning started at one side of my head and slowly expanded to the other side and eventually all over. I started noticing at about 22-23 when I combed my wet hair that the 'bottom hair' beneath the rest of hair was a lot thinner or even not there But because it wasn't noticeable when the hair was dry (and combed the right way), I never heard about that kind of baldness, and I was only in my mid 20's that I didn't worry about it and it kind sneaked up on me.

    It wasn't until a few years later when that area became a bald spot, that I knew I was ****ed. I think therein lies the biggest danger for diffuse thinners. Because it often does not follow a conventional pattern it's rather hard to spot.

    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7527

    http://i39.tinypic.com/35hgxuc.jpg

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Personally I never experienced any recession. My thinning started at one side of my head and slowly expanded to the other side and eventually all over. I started noticing at about 22-23 when I combed my wet hair that the 'bottom hair' beneath the rest of hair was a lot thinner or even not there But because it wasn't noticeable when the hair was dry (and combed the right way), I never heard about that kind of baldness, and I was only in my mid 20's that I didn't worry about it and it kind sneaked up on me.

    It wasn't until a few years later when that area became a bald spot, that I knew I was ****ed. I think therein lies the biggest danger for diffuse thinners. Because it often does not follow a conventional pattern it's rather hard to spot.

    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7527

    http://i39.tinypic.com/35hgxuc.jpg
    Your 2012 February pics.....wow, you were not kidding. That is a very interesting pattern. At least you have your facial frame intact though.

    I agree, diffuse thinning is deadly like an assassin. It sneaks up on you & you do not even realize it is happening until long after the best time to start meds


    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Mine started just in the hairline but now it's went into diffuse mode, or it just wasn't noticeable diffusion early and it's hit a certain threshold.

    Fin at 6 months hasn't really done much that I can tell and at 1 month on minox I'm going through an insane shed.
    Yes most people have a combo of the typical male pattern and diffusion. It can be hard to say what starts 1st.

    I think around month 6 I was pretty much done losing hair from fin (not exactly sure). The timing on that is different for everyone. Peak results were around month 15-16ish

  6. #16
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    When the diffuse thinning includes the sides and donor area there is a serious concern about this patient being a poor candidate for hair restoration surgery.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Similar Threads

  1. Is it true? Diffuse thinning
    By baldnotbeautiful in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 12:07 PM
  2. Why are HTs not so good for diffuse thinning?
    By Stanth in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 12:27 PM
  3. Diffuse Thinning?
    By dannyfc in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 11:50 AM
  4. Diffuse thinning
    By brownd355 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 08:31 PM
  5. Diffuse Thinning vs. Diffuse Alopecia Areata
    By KeepHoping in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 10:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Post Finasteride Syndrome (Theory)
Yesterday 10:02 PM
Last Post By sallo1971
Today 09:54 PM
My Reintroduction...
09-22-2016 04:00 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Today 09:46 PM
I am balding already, 17 year old ?
Today 12:41 PM
by superg
Last Post By Dfaru94
Today 08:15 PM
Where to go UK?
Today 12:54 PM
Last Post By J_B_Davis
Today 06:49 PM
RU- would anyone recommend
09-17-2016 05:03 PM
Last Post By Topgun322
Today 01:14 PM
ruxolitinib
09-22-2016 11:37 AM
by ducu72
Last Post By BoSox
Today 01:02 PM