+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Scientists create brain from 3d culture cells

So now they even have grown complex brain tissue in a 3d culture system, from IPS stem cells. Brain vs a hair follicle .. Not sure if I should laugh or cry here ... http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0829093539.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    So now they even have grown complex brain tissue in a 3d culture system, from IPS stem cells. Brain vs a hair follicle .. Not sure if I should laugh or cry here ... http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0829093539.htm
    so depressing

Well if anything, it's at least another confirmation regarding the importance of 3d culture. Also I found this quote interesting:

"Instead of using so-called patterning growth factors to achieve this, scientists at the Institute of Molecular Biotechnology (IMBA) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) fine-tuned growth conditions and provided a conducive environment. "

Jahoda et al only had partial success when growing follicles in 3d. They blamed the partial success on the 'conducive environment' (lack of 'hair' epithelial influence), so this might be a confirmation of that theory. Fine tuning that environment hopefully is the last step in the process.

Embarrassing and enlightening for every researcher in the hair loss industry. 30 years since Minoxidil has been available and 20 years since Finasteride with NOTHING superior.
    Last edited by Winston; 08-29-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Violation of posting policies.

And yet they still can't create a SINGLE ****ING HEALTHY HAIR

There's just no hope for us

We'll be stuck in "in 5 years" phase forever

When it will be possible to grow EVERY SINGLE body part, these geniuses still won't be able to create any hair

The reason why hair research goes ultra slow is that society and medical environment don't see it as a serious problem (meanwhile it very often has serious mental consequences for person affected by MPB)

Nobody has really succeeded because virtually nobody is really trying to grow healthy hair follicles. I can count on one hand the number of scientists/companies that are trying to grow hair. All the majority of those in the hair restoration field are interested in is performing archaic, stone-age hair transplants or selling wigs. If more parties were interested in regrowing hair, we would already have a truly effective hair restoration method.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Nobody has really succeeded because virtually nobody is really trying to grow healthy hair follicles. I can count on one hand the number of scientists/companies that are trying to grow hair. All the majority of those in the hair restoration field are interested in is performing archaic, stone-age hair transplants or selling wigs. If more parties were interested in regrowing hair, we would already have a truly effective hair restoration method.
    So in the end, its all about feeding fat businessmen more and more money. Like I said! Nobody cares about curing hair loss other than those who are affected by it.

The crowdfunding initiative COULD BE the answer to this problem. I'm absolutely disgusted with the current treatments available for hair loss.

Its not true that nobody is currently trying to create a hair follicule, it has indeed already been done. The hairs that grew did not turn terminal but instead only produced vellus hairs. If you compare this to the fact that they can only grow part of a heart or only a small part of a brain then really the hair follicule is up there with making the most progress.

Also don't forget these stem cell techniques share a lot of common technology, lab processes, theory, research, etc.. So effectively every break through in the field could be applicable to growing follicules.

The worst thing is that we are powerless

We can only wait and watch company after company fail

Wake up guys these bloody scientists have genetically modified mice to BALD, what makes you think they can not genetically modify certain public human genes through spiking our foods etc to modifying GMO, hormones in milk, flouride I'm tap water list goes on. I'm 100% sure they have the cure, like stated as always they won't give it because there's no money to be made!