+ Reply to Thread

Default Help has anyone had hair transplant surgery?

Hi,
    Well Ive finally done it Ive paid my £500 deposit and Im booked in to have a hair transplant with the Hospital Group in september. I need to know has anyone else gone through this surgery? If so how bad is the pain? they call it moderate but from watching various videos on you tube the pain hardly looks "moderate"
    Also whats it like for the week after treatment do you suffer? I am worried as I do suffer from migranes from time to time and the only pain killers that work for me are Anadin extra but the hospital didnt wat me to use those something to do with thinning the blood. Can anyone please be honest with me and tell me their experiences regardless of if you think it will scare me I would rather know the truth now. Would you have gone through it if you knew then what you know now??
    I look forward to anyones advise.

Many Thanks
    Ricado

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Jeffrey Epstein, MD's Avatar

Yes, there is usually some moderate discomfort in the donor area (with a strip procedure) for the first night after a transplant procedure- relieved effectively with an analgesic like Vicodin or even Percocet, taken together with ibuprofen or naproxyn. However, that is not nearly as painful as living with unaesthetic results for the rest of your life if the procedure was not performed properly.
    Do your homework, making sure to see many photos of the doctor's own patients (not patient of the clinic), and perhaps speak with one or two of them yourself. Don't be afraid to travel for the right doctor- these past 2 days I did procedures on 2 different patients who flew in from the UK.

Best of luck.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
    Miami and NYC
    Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD
    Foundation For Hair Restoration

Thanks, but no offence I have had numerous advise from various surgeons and doctors, but what im looking for is someone from the UK england who HAS actually had the treatment done to tell me their experiences

Regards
    Ricado

I've sent you a message Ricado.

I had a transplant with HG earlier in the summer and they were excellent. It didn't hurt too much! The worst part was the injections beforehand as they stung but, no pain no gain.

The surgeon and his team were excellent and 3 months on I have a lot of hair growing alongside hair from using regain etc. I hope the density will be what I want but have read posts about HG on other forums from the past that they didn't put enough in. These posts were from 2/3 years ago.

I had problems over the payment system they use as not all info was given to me and had to complain afterwards about this. If you're going to use the direct-debit scheme, make sure you tell them formally and get it all in writing!

Just have to sit back and wait for the next few months and see how it goes.

I know lots of people say don't use UK surgeons so we'll see how it looks.

Thumbs down results will be poor

I dont know how you can say that the team were excellent because the techs are using old fashioned disection methods and 3 of them are from Poland,they employ cheap labour,what does that tell you.
    You certainly wont have enough density and your scar wont be good and will hinder future transplants that you might need.
    id be happy for you to post an update of your photos to show the world that THE HOSPITAL GROUP PRODUCE POOR RESULTS