+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Dermatologist tomorrow; Questions re: Dermarolling?

Sorry this is a bit late to post, and hopefully it gets to you all in time.

I'm going to a dermatologist appointment tomorrow at 12pm. I'll be bringing my 1.5mm roller to show and ask some questions.

Does anyone have any questions they'd like me to ask re: derma rolling?

Question:

Have you ever seen hair growth after wounding? If so, what kind of a wound?

1)Can using a 1.5mm dermaroller (or any size really) cause micro scarring that might affect future hair growth of a hair transplant....or could it be causing any other type of damage?

2) Please show him this link

http://www.pnas.org/content/108/10/4099.short?rss=1

And there was one other one that indicated that woulding causes cancer. Please inquire about this!

Thanks!

Brock

A general inquiry into the potential risks of using a 1.5mm dermaroller once a week on the scalp. Infection, cancer, scarring, etc.

Thanks Clan, this will help.

Ask him as well, Is 0.5mm safe as well to be used? How often I can use it? Nanogen said that its safe to use everyday before Minoxidil application! Thanks.

Default Cancer!?!?

Hey guys,

Been a long while since I last posted on here, however, I still like to be kept up to date with the hairloss community.

I was personally concerned when I saw this thread about the question if this can cause cancer... as I've been micro needling my scalp 1x a week with a 1.00mm for around 3 years. (Yes I believe I've gained hair from it, No I cannot provide proof)

According to the following link, it cannot cause cancer... however, I would personally like more evidence from a reliable source that it cannot (or I might freak out and go to my doctor to get checked)

http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarollin...ead-to-cancer/

Quote Originally Posted by iwannakeephair1674 View Post
    Hey guys,

Been a long while since I last posted on here, however, I still like to be kept up to date with the hairloss community.

I was personally concerned when I saw this thread about the question if this can cause cancer... as I've been micro needling my scalp 1x a week with a 1.00mm for around 3 years. (Yes I believe I've gained hair from it, No I cannot provide proof)

According to the following link, it cannot cause cancer... however, I would personally like more evidence from a reliable source that it cannot (or I might freak out and go to my doctor to get checked)

http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarollin...ead-to-cancer/
    Interesting, 3 years is a long time, its encouraging to hear you have had some results. Do you take anything else or is this as a result of dermarolling alone? Also, what do the hairs look like? Thick terminal or fine vellus?

Quote Originally Posted by gainspotter View Post
    Interesting, 3 years is a long time, its encouraging to hear you have had some results. Do you take anything else or is this as a result of dermarolling alone? Also, what do the hairs look like? Thick terminal or fine vellus?
    Unfortunately, your question is difficult to answer. I started balding at 18 and immediately started finasteride, then later added lasercomb, keto shampoo, PRP (5 treatments), Biotin, and derma-rolling.. and now at 26, I feel my hair is in better shape than where I started treatment.

All I can tell you is that I pinpoint "problem" areas with the derma-roller and over time (years) I've seen those vellus hairs turn into viable dark hairs. However, I can't tell you if it was bc of the derma-roller or my other treatments or both. That's why I only stated I believed it helped, rather than know...but like I said, the problem areas where I hit hard with the dermaroller has produced viable hairs... so you can take that with a grain of salt.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Clandestine, this is a great thread that you have started. Thank you, we all look forward to your Doctor's responses.
    Good luck~!

Leaving now everyone, will check this thread one may time before I get there.

Any last queries or this pretty well covers it?