+ Reply to Thread

Default Thoughts On The Show (8/27)

1. JFSI needs clinical help. No way should hair loss be that devastating to anyone. It's all in our heads, plenty of bald men and women out there living life. I never think about other balding guys, and when I see them I think "well, he's bald," and then I move right on, I don't obsess over it, just my own hairloss. I understand that it sucks, but you shouldn't be bed-ridden by it.

I saw a guy at Bonnaroo the other month who had a deformity in which his upper lip was enormous, like 20x the size it should have been, and his face was distorted. I believe he had elephantiasis on his face. No one would go near him. He was all alone. That made a huge impression on me, and ever since I have not complained much about hair loss beyond the current state of treatments. I guarantee JFSI would rather be bald than be like this guy.

2. No one is buying Gho or Nigam. Donor Regeneration is still unproven to these guys, they haven't seen it. I think Spencer was VERY clear that he would support it if he could confirm its existence. He said he would even open up his own clinic, and that he could make it happen with the flick of his wrist, but there's no evidence. I was pretty persuaded by this, too. We haven't seen enough proof to state with confidence that this method works consistently. I was excited about the prospect of donor regeneration being solidified in 2013, but it hasn't happened.

3. The Bald Truth is a great show, but I realize it's mainly a place for young balding guys to discuss the proven treatments and to seek help dealing with the psychological effects of mpb. Both Spencer and Jotronic endorse name brand versions of the Big 3, and they talk about FUE and FUT hair transplants. I was hoping to get information on the cutting edge treatments, but nothing beyond donor regeneration was touched on this time. I understand that these guys have been around for the past 15 years and have seen a lot of bs get hyped up only to fail, but it would be nice to hear Spencer's thoughts on microneedling at least, if not CB and some other experimental stuff. I think I'll call in on the next show and bring some of this stuff up, just so they have it in the back of their minds and are aware of some of the advancements that have been made this year.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hey there Conpecia, THANK YOU for this thread.
    I was working last night and so I was not able to attend the show.
    I wasnt even sure if it were live last night too.
    Ive been very concerned about Joe,,he and I have had a long term conversation going. I agree with what youve said -

"...No way should hair loss be that devastating to anyone. It's all in our heads, plenty of bald men and women out there living life. I never think about other balding guys, and when I see them I think "well, he's bald," and then I move right on, I don't obsess over it, just my own hairloss. I understand that it sucks, but you shouldn't be bed-ridden by it."

Joe is a good man (seriously speaking) , I certainly hope he may be able to get through it all. Spencer always gives the best advice on the live show..always

I just saw that the 8-27 show is available on iTunes right now, Im down loading it now as Im typing ..Ill give you my point of view after listening.

I think we all love Joe from SI but he's really mentally ill and it's very sad to listen to him at times. I've been a huge fan of TBT for over 10 years and Joe has gotten more mentally ill as the years have passed. I can understand why Spencer keeps taking his call , he always says "there is a little of Joe in all of us" and he explains how he wants the young guys to see Joe as an example of how not to allow hair loss to destroy their lives. He's become kind of like the mascot / honorary side kick of the show, but it can get exhausting to listen to him for more than 10 minutes. I like when he does his hair loss news and then Spencer takes calls and comes back to Joe once in a while to get his view of the call. Joe usually throws in something funny.

Spencer is an extremely kind and patient man to take Joe under his wing for all of these years, but the best shows are always the ones when Spencer focusses on the callers or has someone like as a guest side kick like he did last night.

Spencer did talk about microneedling a few shows back and said that he believes in it to some degree. I think he does it on his face so I'm pretty sure he's up on everything including all of the experimental things people are talking about here.

It is a GREAT show! Honestly when I found TBT I was in bad shape. It's been my therapy all of these years and I owe Spencer a tremendous debt of gratitude for helping me to lift myself out of the funk I was in and live my life.

Payday great comment my friend!!
    Im glad that you are in a better place these days..Ill listen to the show this evening when I get back home from work..cheers all

I have just started listening to the show recently and it is pretty good. It sucks that JFSI is not able to deal with his hair loss at his age. I am 37 and hate my hair, but I will not let it keep me from going out and stuff. I think it is important that he is on the show. It can be a wake up call for a lot of guys that are wasting their lives preoccupied with hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hey there Conpecia, THANK YOU for this thread.
    I was working last night and so I was not able to attend the show.
    I wasnt even sure if it were live last night too.
    Ive been very concerned about Joe,,he and I have had a long term conversation going. I agree with what youve said -

"...No way should hair loss be that devastating to anyone. It's all in our heads, plenty of bald men and women out there living life. I never think about other balding guys, and when I see them I think "well, he's bald," and then I move right on, I don't obsess over it, just my own hairloss. I understand that it sucks, but you shouldn't be bed-ridden by it."

Joe is a good man (seriously speaking) , I certainly hope he may be able to get through it all. Spencer always gives the best advice on the live show..always
    No problem Artista! I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Joe was taking a lot of shit from people in the chatroom, and i think people need to understand how serious his depression seems to be and that teasing him is the last thing he needs. I for one am going to support him. I tried to cheer him up by mentioning PSI, microneedling, and HHAG but I don't think it got through to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    ...but I don't think it got through to him.
    The only thing that could possibly make JFSI happy is something that would restore every single hair he has ever lost - and do so yesterday. Sadly many of the guys in this forum feel the exact same way. Whether they admit it or not, it's obvious that they do.

Thumbs up

Hi Tracy C !
    I am in complete agreement with you.
    Unless Joe can restore 100% of his hair loss, decent coverage of transplanted hair would NEVER be good enough for him.

Joe openly admits to having a serious bipolar disorder among other things..
    Which does somewhat explain the reason why he is seemingly always very pessimistic about HTs overall.

Tracy, in listening to the show on podcast , I think I heard that Joe may have been a bit harsh to you and others..is that true?
    If it is,,although you dont like the negative exchanges you get in the chat-room (and the forum), Im sure that you understand why Joe in-particular can be the way that he is at times as mentioned above.
    Joe does like you and he always did.

Spencer ALWAYS speaks with Common Sense when trying to advise us all on his show.
    To paraphrase one of the things he had mentioned...
    '..What WILL help would be to come to terms with the reality of what is available to us hair loss sufferers right now'.

Tracy , you had already exercised that particular ideology by having the available treatments DONE and your better off for it!!
    Believe me when I say that by now, i certainly would have had a major HT done (like Bobman has) if it were not for the fact I will be a part of Dr Wesley's phase testing later on. I hate that i have the hair loss that I do (wearing hats all the time) but it does not stop me in my tracks..I can STILL wait a little longer and FUNCTION in life as well as I can!
    Joe I know you will be reading this thread. It is all well meaning and you can see that members here DO like you!
    Ill send you an email asap..
    Tracy any comments?

same old crap, joe whines for attention, spencer cant stop obsessing about the quality of the sound when there is nothing wrong! i like that joetronic is on the show now