View Poll Results: Fin, yay or nay?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use Fin, no sides it works!

16 34.78%
  • Use Fin, had sides, powered through, ok now and it is working!

9 19.57%
  • Used fin, had sides had to stop.

11 23.91%
  • Used fin, it did nothing.

2 4.35%
  • Wouldn't even dream of touching it.

8 17.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fin poll

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytr View Post
    did you have an initial shed ? how long did it last ?
    This is one of my bigger fears about the drug. I want to jump on it so bad, but I can't get over the horror stories of the initial shed. My hair is good right now, and I'm not even sure I'm balding, but propecia would give me some sweet, sweet peace of mind.

I'm also afraid about the long term effects on the brain from reduce neurosteroid production, but from most accounts, it seems like a safe drug.

I'm ok with a slightly reduce libido; I'm ok with smaller volume of ejaculate; im ok with the occasional testicular tingle. What I'm not ok with is brain fog, erectile dysfunction, and the initial shedding.

Hopefully all of my fears are unwarranted.

Just out of interest, how many people have self prescribed Fin without seeing a doctor first?

I've been on the big 3 for 8 months (Dermarolling for a month). Wish I started it sooner but I hear these stories on the internet about sides. People go to the internet with problems and try to find a solution. Make no mistake about it, your body is a chemical factory and everyone is different. Go to the gym and do the same routine as another guy then scratch you head and wonder why he gains so much. I'm 34 and even when I was in my early 20s I would experience low libido after switching up my routines/nutrition or even a motocross injury I had but I would always bounce back.

I have friends that would look goofy with hair and I have a friend that looks like a psychopath.

If you do shave your head I would at least lean up and get a 6 pack if you already don't. At least we can have that going for us

Also I would go to a Hair transplant surgeon to get fin, I went to a joe smoe Dermatologist and I was told to take 2.5mg fin. A decent Dr. will be able to take photos and TRACK your progress. You might not think it's working but then you can look at day one.
    Last edited by Hicks; 08-31-2013 at 07:04 AM. Reason: added somthing

I went to the Dr. before I decided to get on fin just to make sure I was "healthy". The thing that surprised me is that he didn't even discuss any of the sides with me. I specifically asked him and he wasn't really concerned about anything but the life long commitment and the cost. The only side the pharmacist talked to me about was possibly premature ejaculation. IMO I could have just jumped on fin without seeing a doctor.

I started fin when I was 19 and NW1.5, stopped it age 23 after realising that at NW6 I was among the non-responders. Tried Dut for a further year, but that was just as futile. I did not get side effects from any of the drugs.

Use Fin, had sides, powered through, ok now and it is working!

Started on 1mg per day, got minor sides, went down to 0.25mg per day, sides all but gone, had regrowth on hairline after just 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by baldee View Post
    I started fin when I was 19 and NW1.5, stopped it age 23 after realising that at NW6 I was among the non-responders. Tried Dut for a further year, but that was just as futile. I did not get side effects from any of the drugs.
    Wow is this what some people call "aggressive MPB" or is that sort of progression to be expected of anyone who notices hair loss?

Took it for 4 months. Was doing amazing things to my hair.. then BOOM. Balls started to shrink (way too much testosterone in my body). Took 2 weeks off.. went back on it with a lower dose and taking it EOD. Hair's a little thinner than before, but it's still holding on.

Quote Originally Posted by cp9 View Post
    Took it for 4 months. Was doing amazing things to my hair.. then BOOM. Balls started to shrink (way too much testosterone in my body). Took 2 weeks off.. went back on it with a lower dose and taking it EOD. Hair's a little thinner than before, but it's still holding on.
    Those shrinking balls stories scare the F.U.C.K. outta me! I even had a dream where it happened and it was frigging horrible, lol.

Yeah.. it's not exactly fun lol. But the dick still works.. phew. Balls aren't back to their original size yet though. *knock on wood*