+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default allergan working aggressively on a latisse topical

As we all know on August 11,2009 conference call allergan announced they will began working on a topical version of latissse for male pattern baldness. Do not believe this, in my estimation they have secretely been agressively testing a stronger version of latisse on patients prior to this announcement.The allergan corporation is well aware of the revenue a treatment for male pattern baldness would generate for its corporate balance sheet. Remember that rogaine sales and propecia generated well over one billion dollars in revenue to the merck and phizer corporation. These drugs are marginally effective in some patients at best. I believe that Latisse is not a cure for this devestating disease of hair loss, however it will be a treatment that will be superior and much more effective then the fda approved drugs that exist today. How ever I caution all hair loss sufferers not to try this treatment at home. Latisse that is now available by prescription is not potent enough in its present concentration to have any effect on male pattern baldness. Allergan is well aware of the fact that they have a blockbuster drug on its hands. I find it very interesting that a leading pharmeceutical corporation wants to take over allergan, coincidence I strongly doubt it. I strongly encourage all my fellow sufferers to see the movie Duplicity, it will be available on dvd in the Fall. It depicts how a really effective cure for male pattern baldness, would be the blockbuster drug of the century. As the wonderful and great man spencer kobren always says , whoever cures this disease will be on the front page of time magazine and every other publication in the world. Remember their is a lot more going on behind the scenes then any of us know. Rets keep our fingers crossed and hope that someday this devestating disease can be retired and that we could start living our lives again in the sunshine. GOD BLESS SPENCER KOBREN AND ALL OF MY FELLOW HAIR LOSS SUFFERERES.

Thumbs up

Sounds very exciting Joe!

Default Latisse is very very effective

I don't see what's everyones problem with Latisse . Yes it IS a miracle drug. My sister had some bald spots on her eyelids and she's been using Latisse for 2 months and those spots have disappeared. Allergan has every right to profit from this. They did years of research. I bought Latisse today to use it on my scalp. Will keep you folks updated about how it works . Hopefully I can be regular in application. I am pretty confident it will work.

So, how effective is Latisse for hair loss?

This was posted in 2009, it is now 2012.

Not much progress I see.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    This was posted in 2009, it is now 2012.

Not much progress I see.
    This appeared on Bernstein Medicals website friday;
    http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hairtransplantblog/

Seems like this will be for early stage hair loss.. but for something that's going to be released next year, there isn't much information out about it.

I hope they have something good.

Its going to be way to expensive for me. They say its going to cost like 400 bucks just for one month. Unless this has crazy hairgrowth im sticking with the 50 bucks rogaine for 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Its going to be way to expensive for me. They say its going to cost like 400 bucks just for one month. Unless this has crazy hairgrowth im sticking with the 50 bucks rogaine for 4 months.
    Or the new Kirkland's Foam. Also Equate foam from Wal Mart.

It probably won't cost $400 a month for a hair loss formulation because nobody would use it.

The $400 figure is just from extrapolating the eyelash treatment's cost to the whole scalp. The eyelash treatment is only a few millilitres because you don't need much for eyelashes.

If they release a hair loss formulation they will mass-produce it in much greater volumes and that will drop the price.

The Phase II trial for MPB should be finished pretty soon. Hopefully Allergan are gracious enough to actually inform us of the results.