+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

25/65, bro you should see baldjerrys results....6 years on dut hair started going downhilll looked very thin (diffuse, solid hairline), then after starting RU, 8 months in his hair looks amazing, great increase of density.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    25/65, bro you should see baldjerrys results....6 years on dut hair started going downhilll looked very thin (diffuse, solid hairline), then after starting RU, 8 months in his hair looks amazing, great increase of density.
    Where can I see this?

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Anyone here ever think that maybe the treatment didn't work for them and their incessantly stressing exacerbated their hair loss?
    Well for me, it did work, stopped all hair loss cold for 7 months and then this never ending shed started. Been going strong for almost 15 months now. Never shed like this before starting fin...

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    And I don't mean to be condescending with my last post or make light of an obviously troubling part of all our lives, but we gotta be objective here. We know fin works for *most* people. If it doesn't work for you, what is your hair going to do? Deteriorate further.

Serious question: is anyone claiming to have gone through a treatment shed and then never rebounded or at least had their hair loss halted? I think that would be telling.
    Yeah, alot of us have had this happen, me, alex82, kirby, buster, etc., etc., etc

I am shedding like hell right now. Starting to wonder if this is not from andro alopecia. They are not all miniaturized hairs either, I see a lot of healthy looking hairs coming out too

Quote Originally Posted by alex82 View Post
    Buster and mpbsucks, sorry to hear more guys are in the same situation as me I've been on fin for 2 years now and shedding has accelerated rapidly. I'd say I've lost easily 50% of my density since baseline. Why is this not a listed side effect!
    alex82, glad to hear from you man, I've been following your posts for almost a year as we both have responded to fin in the exact same manner. I am sorry to hear your still shedding man, hairloss is one thing, but a crazy ass never ending itchy shed is almost untolerable. Anyways, I have tried many different treatments to get the shed to stop but haven't been able to yet. After 13 months on fin I switched to DUT, nothing. I also used RU for a time and still nothing. Now I am off AA's altogther to see if that helps, it has not as of yet. Are you still shedding? If you ever figure out how to get it to stop please let me know, I will do the same for you man

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    anyone who has slow hairloss , probably shouldnt touch fin.

This thread is testament to why,
    word

Hi all - I'm 20 years old and have been on generic almus finasteride for 8 months, 1.25mg eod. So far I have only experienced increased scalp and facial oiliness, mild brain fog, mild change in mood and increased rate of hair loss ('shedding'). My hair has gone from thick with slight corner recession to major recession, frontal thinning and crown thinning, (very similar pattern to Alex82).

I think in cases were hairloss accelerates there could be underlying hair loss factors that fin does not address and may in fact exacerbate, e.g. thyroid, lupus, dermatitis, folliculitis etc due to messing with hormones.

Could also just be highly androgen sensitive follicles to begin with.

Or a vitamin D deficiency.

Or stress.

Or 'just a shed'...

Not really sure what plan of action to take if fin is making shit worse, personally I am going to give it until 12-15 months and try and find an informed dermatologist/ endocrinologist in the meantime - easier said than done.

Also considering changing dosage or changing to brand name proscar/ propecia, i've read some anecdotal evidence online that generic doesn't work as good, what do you guys make of this?