+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mpbsucks View Post
    Yo Buster, the same exact thing happened to me. I stuck with fin cause everyone on these forums emphatically states that fin couldn't possibly be the culprit, what a crock of s***. My crazy shed has been going for 14 months straight now with no end in sight. Whatever happened with you?
    Buster and mpbsucks, sorry to hear more guys are in the same situation as me I've been on fin for 2 years now and shedding has accelerated rapidly. I'd say I've lost easily 50% of my density since baseline. Why is this not a listed side effect!

Almost 10 months on dut & I am below baseline. I feel all of your pain.

Follow me to the promised land....

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...1&postcount=51

Anyone here ever think that maybe the treatment didn't work for them and their incessantly stressing exacerbated their hair loss?

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Anyone here ever think that maybe the treatment didn't work for them and their incessantly stressing exacerbated their hair loss?
    Yes. Unfortunately I do not seem to have TE

anyone who has slow hairloss , probably shouldnt touch fin.

This thread is testament to why,

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I honestly don't know what to think. I've thought long and hard about it and talked with my doctor who said it's not possible and that I'd probably be worse off without Fin, but all that I know is that I got Fin from the doctor because I noticed that I was slightly thinning in the crown. I was thirty-six at the time and my hair line started receding when I was seventeen, but it thankfully stopped/slowed and at the age of thirty-six I was able to style my hair in such a way to hide it. I delayed starting Fin for a year because I read some bad posts about it, but then after about a year decided to take the plunge. During that full year beforer starting Fin I was monitoring the thinning in the crown and didn't notice it progressing at all, but I started hearing some good stories about Fin and decided that I wanted to do something about it.

Within the first three months I noticed that my hair on the top had become thinner. My hair line wasn't receding further (that I noticed) but I noticed that I could easly see my scalp through my hair. I read on here, and on ***, that it was probably a Fin shed, and that made me feel better, but that was over a year ago and it still looks as thin as it did after starting Fin.

I wonder if it's possible that when you start Fin it gets rid of the weaker and minitaurized hair for some of us, but then after the "shed" the follicle was so badly damaged that there is no hair to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    anyone who has slow hairloss , probably shouldnt touch fin.

This thread is testament to why,
    I could be wrong, but I don't think most people around here have slow hair loss. Maybe at this point it is not very noticeable, but it is still happening. I once heard spencer kobren say that you need to lose 50% density before you even notice hair loss. That is a lot of damn hair that is gone. I have seen your pics and you have very little to no hair loss at all. It is very easy to be part of the anti fin crowd when you have a full head of hair. I guarantee if you woke up one day and found yourself at nw3, all the hormones talk would be out the window and you would be popping fin like they were tic tacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think most people around here have slow hair loss. Maybe at this point it is not very noticeable, but it is still happening. I once heard spencer kobren say that you need to lose 50% density before you even notice hair loss. That is a lot of damn hair that is gone. I have seen your pics and you have very little to no hair loss at all. It is very easy to be part of the anti fin crowd when you have a full head of hair. I guarantee if you woke up one day and found yourself at nw3, all the hormones talk would be out the window and you would be popping fin like they were tic tacs.
    I would take it then, sure.

And it is sad that I will have to, unless better treatments come out.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I would take it then, sure.

And it is sad that I will have to, unless better treatments come out.
    I bet you would take it. None of us are taking the stuff because we want to. I personally don't like taking any drugs, even over the counter stuff. We take this because this is pretty much the only effective think we have.

And I don't mean to be condescending with my last post or make light of an obviously troubling part of all our lives, but we gotta be objective here. We know fin works for *most* people. If it doesn't work for you, what is your hair going to do? Deteriorate further.

Serious question: is anyone claiming to have gone through a treatment shed and then never rebounded or at least had their hair loss halted? I think that would be telling.