+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Is it me or the guys that complain about baldness being the end of the dating world aren't even bald here?

As someone on the other side of the fence, I can tell you it's not. I thought it was but now that I'm NW5, I don't feel much of a difference in the way that other people treat me.

"Seeing my hair wet". What about if like me you would have no hair left? You don't know what it will be like when you'll be completely bald. I didn't. And it isn't as horrible as I thought. I still have two FUE's scheduled too. I see hair as a bonus, not something mandatory to get laid.
    Well its all relative to what you were used to getting and what you can get now. Girls you would not have touched previously are all thats available now. My brother who has a full head with basically my face still gets girls in their twenties hitting on him right next to me while I get nothing anymore. they can see my hair thinning and see his is perfect and its not even a choice.
    Im sorry but if you were used to getting sevens on a bad day and now fours are all that will even pay you mind, its a pretty bad feeling. And you can talk all you want about finding the "one" but for people like me and him and our upbringing we have no desire for "the one". Neither of us care to be married and neither of us want kids. Where does that leave me? Well either fat girls or hookers. Personally I would choose hookers if you are going to be paying int he end anyway.

I also dont like the feeling now when a girl Im with sees his hair and I can tell they automatically are more interested in him. Im in better shape, make more money, have a much better personality and am super driven. He is lazy, a mooch, makes zilch, and doesnt work out. We look almost identical in the face and yet he has a perfect hairline.
    Im going from actual experiance here not conjecture or assumptions. Woman will take a guy with hair any day. In the end maybe they will marry a bald guy but for the real fun no way. So basically baldies get the worn out left overs and have to financially and emotionally dish out more where as guys with hair can pretty much let loose and enjoy their oats.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Oh no..it's the "There's kids starving, and men without arms/legs, lighten up" card.

This is the lamest thing to bring up in any subject. The "appreciate what you have" advice is old and nobody really wants to hear about how there's some one who has it worst than you, it solves nothing, and it makes no one feel better about themselves.

The worst advice I could give to some one is that there's some one who has it worst out there. If it has to come to that, no matter the subject, I give no advice at all.
    If I didn't think hair loss was a big deal, I would never have become such a huge fan of The Bald Truth or become an active poster on this forum. I was severely effected by my hair loss, almost to the point of not being able to function, but I got past it and realized that life is worth living and that you attract whatever you believe you deserve to attract in this life.

Once I accepted what I was going through, I worked on myself and you know what, I landed an extremely hot women, better looking than the girls I dated before I began to lose my hair.

FYI I was much better looking when I had all of my hair and girls would look at me all the time in the street or the mall or wherever. That all ended once my hairline began to recede and it really depressed me, but once I figured out how to approach women with confidence(even if it was false at first) my hairline was an after thought. I learned how to put my best foot forward and not worry if the girl I was interested in was giving me the "eye" before I would approach her. As a matter of fact I basically stopped getting looks from women once I began to lose my hair, so if I waited to find someone who was attracted to me at first glance, I would be depressed and alone like some of you guys are.

I did not have to "settle" because of my hair loss, I just had to change my way of thinking and accept the fact that I wasn't one of the best looking guys in the room anymore. It made no difference in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    Well its all relative to what you were used to getting and what you can get now. Girls you would not have touched previously are all thats available now. My brother who has a full head with basically my face still gets girls in their twenties hitting on him right next to me while I get nothing anymore. they can see my hair thinning and see his is perfect and its not even a choice.
    Im sorry but if you were used to getting sevens on a bad day and now fours are all that will even pay you mind, its a pretty bad feeling. And you can talk all you want about finding the "one" but for people like me and him and our upbringing we have no desire for "the one". Neither of us care to be married and neither of us want kids. Where does that leave me? Well either fat girls or hookers. Personally I would choose hookers if you are going to be paying int he end anyway.

I also dont like the feeling now when a girl Im with sees his hair and I can tell they automatically are more interested in him. Im in better shape, make more money, have a much better personality and am super driven. He is lazy, a mooch, makes zilch, and doesnt work out. We look almost identical in the face and yet he has a perfect hairline.
    Im going from actual experiance here not conjecture or assumptions. Woman will take a guy with hair any day. In the end maybe they will marry a bald guy but for the real fun no way. So basically baldies get the worn out left overs and have to financially and emotionally dish out more where as guys with hair can pretty much let loose and enjoy their oats.
    Well how bad is your thinning hair so that it's a deal breaker for girls?

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    If I didn't think hair loss was a big deal, I would never have become such a huge fan of The Bald Truth or become an active poster on this forum. I was severely effected by my hair loss, almost to the point of not being able to function, but I got past it and realized that life is worth living and that you attract whatever you believe you deserve to attract in this life.

Once I accepted what I was going through, I worked on myself and you know what, I landed an extremely hot women, better looking than the girls I dated before I began to lose my hair.

FYI I was much better looking when I had all of my hair and girls would look at me all the time in the street or the mall or wherever. That all ended once my hairline began to recede and it really depressed me, but once I figured out how to approach women with confidence(even if it was false at first) my hairline was an after thought. I learned how to put my best foot forward and not worry if the girl I was interested in was giving me the "eye" before I would approach her. As a matter of fact I basically stopped getting looks from women once I began to lose my hair, so if I waited to find someone who was attracted to me at first glance, I would be depressed and alone like some of you guys are.

I did not have to "settle" because of my hair loss, I just had to change my way of thinking and accept the fact that I wasn't one of the best looking guys in the room anymore. It made no difference in the end.
    I just asked the same question to poster above you (but I dont know how to quote two people in one post lol) but how bad was your thinning when you noticed it signficantly changed the way girls looked at you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic12 View Post
    I just asked the same question to poster above you (but I dont know how to quote two people in one post lol) but how bad was your thinning when you noticed it signficantly changed the way girls looked at you?
    It was not bad at all. Maybe a NW2.5 or so. My problem is that I already had a high hairline so that little bit of recession threw off the balance of my face big time. Made a huge difference in my looks.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    He's NW2,5 at most. He's not disfigured. There was a study that showed that people who lost an arm of a leg during an accident could get back to the same level of happiness as before the accident while people who got disfigured could never reach the same level of happiness.
    If you really think losing your hair is worse than losing 2 legs there's something REALLY wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    It was not bad at all. Maybe a NW2.5 or so. My problem is that I already had a high hairline so that little bit of recession threw off the balance of my face big time. Made a huge difference in my looks.
    To be honest I don't know how a girl could notice a slightly higher forehead, especially if you style it so that it covered a little extra ground. My forelock is the same but my temples have heavily thinned out to the point where I'm a NW2 at 18 and in highschool, and if I ever bring it up to anyone they just tell me I have widow marks and not to worry.

Are you sure you weren't just psyching yourself out?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic12 View Post
    Are you sure you weren't just psyching yourself out?
    It doesn't really matter at this point. I've moved on and try to enjoy life. That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    If you really think losing your hair is worse than losing 2 legs there's something REALLY wrong with you.
    I'm not saying that it's worse, I'm just saying he can become as happy as the time before he lost his legs while it's not the case for a balding guy.

Losing your hair doesnt stop you from finding a girl. It just makes it harder.