+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FUE Doctors

Default FUE Doctors

hi i am trying to find doctors who are good at doing FUE procedures, I live in boston area but i don't mind travelling to a different state to get the surgery done .My Main concerns are the results and the pricing and i am looking at 1000 to 1500 grafts .

You should check with iahrs.org, but make sure the surgeon does mostly FUE. Dr. Cole in Atlanta does FUE exclusively so he's probably a good surgeon to start your research with.

Just make sure that the surgeon you choose has been doing lots of FUE for a long time. You should also see if the technicians involved are doing most of the extractions or if it is the surgeon himself. I think that it's ok for technicians to do extractions if they are really good, but you really never know where they find these people. Personally, I would not like it if I went to a doctor who I thought was an expert and he wasn't involved in one of the most important aspects of the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by forhair1987 View Post
    hi i am trying to find doctors who are good at doing FUE procedures, I live in boston area but i don't mind travelling to a different state to get the surgery done .My Main concerns are the results and the pricing and i am looking at 1000 to 1500 grafts .

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    You should check with iahrs.org, but make sure the surgeon does mostly FUE. Dr. Cole in Atlanta does FUE exclusively so he's probably a good surgeon to start your research with.

Just make sure that the surgeon you choose has been doing lots of FUE for a long time. You should also see if the technicians involved are doing most of the extractions or if it is the surgeon himself. I think that it's ok for technicians to do extractions if they are really good, but you really never know where they find these people. Personally, I would not like it if I went to a doctor who I thought was an expert and he wasn't involved in one of the most important aspects of the surgery.
    When I saw the post by forhair1987, I thought it could be someone from our office!
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forhair1987 View Post
    Im in the same boat. I made a similar post about CT. we are not far.
    I went to Dr Destephano in Rocky Hill, I know he is also in MA.

Its a scary thing because you just dont know how it will turn out and beyond all there is little recourse with the doctor because nothing is garunteed.

thanks for that link amadeus.
    Unfortunately CT only has Boden listed. I remember viewing his site and wasnt super thrilled at his before/after pics. Maybe Ill just call to get more opinions.

Hi I want a fue as well! No more then a 1000 grafts for the hairline . Dr rahal how much us this?~~~ is there a discount if 5 people get a fue, I tried everything . Over 40 experimental treatments Saba gel any growth factors are my last hope. I. Getting results but its not enough for a nw 1

Glad to see this thread as it's definitely relevant for me. I'm not from the Boston area, rather the NY area, both on the East Coast though.

Could anyone recommend some doctors in the general region that specialize specifically in FUE, aside from Dr. Cole who was already mentioned? I would like to compile a decent list.

Default FUE DOCs

As per my research , these were the best fue docs that i have come across

Dr.rahal
    Dr.cole
    Dr.feller
    Dr.jeffrey epstein
    Dr.dan mcgrath

i would like to know about the results of dan mcgrath for fue , anyone who had a procedure .